Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Rasul

Challenge To Debate Sheikh Asrar Rashid Accepted.

Rate this topic

42 minutes ago, ChattingwithShias said:

In that Radical Islam lecture Nakshawani says that Malik refused to pay zakat or recognize Abu Bakr due to loyalty to Imam Ali, but the sources I have read all say he made a pact with a false prophet Sajjah, although all the sources do say people were outraged when he was killed, even the Companions.

are these shia sources, and how reliable are they?

secondly, when asked to punish khalid bin paleet, why did abu bakr say "how can i punish him when Allah blessed his sword" instead of "yo the guy was a murtad, cool your jets"

Salam.

The Third Response; The Way Forward...

Whilst we are pleased that Sheikh Asrar Rashid has confirmed his willingness to have a debate with Sheikh Allahyari, we are appalled by his slur that the UK based Shias have no one to debate him from there. We would like to remind Sheikh Asrar Rashid and his adherents that it is still a period of grief for Shia Muslims who commemorate the tragedy Karbala through a 40 day mourning period, that spans from Muharrum into Safar. Thus, many scholars and general the Shia public are busy either delivering lectures or attending them.

Alhamduilliah the UK has many Shia scholars residing therein and we are hopeful that someone will heed Sheikh Ansar's call to a debate and meet with him on the 5th of November to agree the conditions of the said debate.

Whilst Allahyari is present and willing for a satellite debate, we do agree with Sheikh Asrar that a live face to face debate in the UK would be more beneficial.

In these circumstances we would ask that whilst the debate with Allahyari has been agreed in principle, priority should be given to those based in the UK to debate first.

As such, we would request that Sheikh Asrar affords us the opportunity to approach UK based Shia Ulema to ascertain their willingness to debate him and allow them to come forward on the day.

In these circumstances we would ask that Sheikh Asrar sets up the time and venue for the 5th November as intended. We will Inshallah during this time engage our scholars and invite then to respond to Sheikh Asrar's call.

If by then the U.K based Shia community does not respond to this challenge, we will be willing to facilitate the series of debates proposed by Allahyari and arrange a time and day to discuss the conditions of the debate, that will of course be after the 5th of November 2016.

3 hours ago, ChattingwithShias said:

In that Radical Islam lecture Nakshawani says that Malik refused to pay zakat or recognize Abu Bakr due to loyalty to Imam Ali, but the sources I have read all say he made a pact with a false prophet Sajjah, although all the sources do say people were outraged when he was killed, even the Companions.

There are actually three conflicting accounts regarding his death. The one you mentioned is almost certainly false and can be disregarded due to Sayf ibn 'Umar, whose reports have traditionally been viewed as spurious, or at least suspect, narrating the tradition. 

8 hours ago, ServantOfTheOne said:

I don't believe that Sayed Ammar Nakshawani owes anyone of us or the Sunni community anything.

He is a speaker. And even if he said "Debate me", it does not automatically mean he will accept any Tom, Richard and Harry who says "Yalla let's debate". Maybe he has personal preferences for the type of person he wishes to debate with. Maybe he sees Asrar as not worthy of debating because let's get one thing straight, it will just be a point scoring match if it does happen. And maybe he doesn't want to give a video reply because he does not even want to entertain the idea or offend anyone with the reason he declines to debate.

If he posts a video or a message for declining to debate, one of 2 outcomes will occur:

1 - The Shia community will be disappointed with a firm "I do not wish to debate". Another side of the Shia community will therefore call him a hypocrite for saying one thing and then saying another.

2 - If he says "I do not wish to debate, for 'bla bla bla' reasons", he might end up looking as though he is doing a personal attack on Asrar's character.

The only choice left is to remain silent. Maybe the idea of a debate in Ammar's head is different to what Asrar's idea. I do not have the right to judge Ammar Nakshawani and I am honestly saddened to see that so many people are disappointed in him.

Asrar Rashid is not a Tom Richard and Harry

He is always ready to challenge those who speak falsehood. (According to their Belief) 

Asrar Rashid vs AbdurRahmanHassan about Istigatha

You should watch on YouTube because you will see the level of debate between those two men. 

So NO

Asrar Rashid is noRandomer but Knowledgable and He has Guts for challenging all Shia Scholars 

He is very confident. 

If he doesn't wish to debate then he can at least give a logical reason to why he doesn't and if he thinks he won't be able to debate then I think it's best to stay silent 

Oh wow, I didn't know he had called for debate, he should be ready to debate then if he did. I still don't see anything productive coming out of this though, really the Facebook statuses and comments just seem like they don't care for the truth, its all about oh we gotta beat them through whatever means.

On 10/28/2016 at 6:40 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

Things are heating up now

The date of October 29 has passed. Looks like the debate might be scheduled on November 5?

Salam alaykum

Debating requires more than knowledge, it requires a lot of cunning, quick-action and power over words and rhetoric, and knowledge of whats in the opponent's books, rather, memorization of all that. So even a great alim may not have the prowess of a debate.

Debates often result in those sides winning who are more cunning and hold more rhetorical power, than the one who speaks the truth.

What the Shias need to worry about, rather than having career debaters who do not know how to uphold the etiquettes of the Aimmah a.s. "defend" our faith, is to ensure that we call those speakers who, when they mention things which are contravertial and anti-sunni they are accurate and their material is backed up with proper proof, not in the way sayyed ammar handled it.

Khalid ibn waleed converted after conquest of makkah? really???? khalid was a hypocrite, but lets not provide his supporters ammo. you're walking right into it, if you are so cavalier with historical accuracy

And really, most of sayyed ammar's lectures are like this, good oratory and loose with facts, and involvement in jurisprudential and theological affairs that are far from his reach

Salam. 

This is my fourth video in response to Sheikh Asrar's challenge to the Shia ulema to debate him in respect of this personalities that Umaries hold with deep respect. I've made it clear that I'm prepared for a series of debates on his conditions to address polemical issues in which we differ. It is indeed unfortunate that Rashid hasn't contacted me directly, and has in fact deviously sought to fix a different topic. What began as Sheikh Asrar's debate challenge to address the points raised by Ammar Nakshwani's lecture "Radical Islam" has changed to "Do the Shia represent true islam".

This topic is like asking "how long is a piece of string?" - and Asrar has done this intentionally, as he wants to dictate the debate as he wants, discussing whatever pleases him, highlighting the topics of his choosing so the Shia Muslims are in effect walking into a dark room that has no light switch. This topic is so wide it needs advance notice of subject matters so i would know the topic and Bakri sources I will rely upon to defend ourselves.

There is no way that this could be settled through one debate, which is why I proposed a series of debates with Rashid on those topics on which we differ. I would ask that the Sheikh stop playing this silly evasive game, behave fairly and engage properly with me so we can proceed to a fair debate. I've given you my contact details in this video and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Ahlbaittv@gmail.com

10 hours ago, Rasul said:

Salam. 

This is my fourth video in response to Sheikh Asrar's challenge to the Shia ulema to debate him in respect of this personalities that Umaries hold with deep respect. I've made it clear that I'm prepared for a series of debates on his conditions to address polemical issues in which we differ. It is indeed unfortunate that Rashid hasn't contacted me directly, and has in fact deviously sought to fix a different topic. What began as Sheikh Asrar's debate challenge to address the points raised by Ammar Nakshwani's lecture "Radical Islam" has changed to "Do the Shia represent true islam".

This topic is like asking "how long is a piece of string?" - and Asrar has done this intentionally, as he wants to dictate the debate as he wants, discussing whatever pleases him, highlighting the topics of his choosing so the Shia Muslims are in effect walking into a dark room that has no light switch. This topic is so wide it needs advance notice of subject matters so i would know the topic and Bakri sources I will rely upon to defend ourselves.

There is no way that this could be settled through one debate, which is why I proposed a series of debates with Rashid on those topics on which we differ. I would ask that the Sheikh stop playing this silly evasive game, behave fairly and engage properly with me so we can proceed to a fair debate. I've given you my contact details in this video and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Ahlbaittv@gmail.com

On 5th Asrar Rashid will know the facts. Let him spend sleepless night.