Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Allahuakbar

Questions Concerning Fasting During Ramadhan

Rate this topic

It is very hot and humid during the summer. I work long hours in the extreme heat building power lines. During Ramadhan you are not to eat or drink (amoung other things) during the daylight hours. However if I do not take in plenty of fluids during the work day I can get heat stroke and have medical issues like liver failure. How do I do my fast if it is dangerous to my health if I do not drink fluids during the hot summer days at work?

May Allah help you in fasting these last few days of Ramadan!

Unfortunately for many of us, our environment and work is not an excuse to stop fasting. If you have an vacation time or sick leave, or you can call in sick, etc, save it up for Ramadan. If you cannot, or if you are required to work in order to feed your family (you have no money saved or something of this nature), then you go to work and if you feel that you are about to pass out at any second (you have to be honest with yourself in this regard), then you drink some water to sustain yourself then keep on fasting. You will be required to make up this fast at a later date, preferably during the winter.

Yes, as the brother says above according to the major scholars you are allowed to have as much water/food as necessary to not collapse. It is also advised that you make up for those fasts (where you do this) later, you could probably do it on winter weekends so it's easiest.