Ather Abbas

What is morality according to Islam?

Rate this question

Question

I would like to know what is definition of morality in Islam. Instead of pure personal views, I would like that everyone shares those Ahadis from Imams a.s which deal specifically with this topic so that one can develop a definition of morality after going through (understanding, analyzing, reflecting upon) those Ahadis. I would also like that the contributors while sharing Ahadis, quote references of those Ahadis. One can also quote sayings of our great scholars but only with reference please.

My purpose is to understand how the understanding of 'morality' in Islam is different (if so) from that of what western thinkers have developed over the course of centuries.

3 answers to this question

Imam Mahdi is the true morality. Search hadiths about this topic, but Quran says it too.

What I mean by that is not simply that he is the ideal human, but that he is the guidance, and the Quran is about awakening and remind people of this guidance, though, because of everyone's false description of his light and connection to humanity, we've become universally blind to it. People when we talk about this, wish to extinguish right away the reality of it, because it is a destroyer of passions.

It's convenient for people to pick and choose what they want to follow, and how they want to follow it. It's convenient isn't it for us to pray Salah outwardly in the way of the Prophet but then choose inwardly whatever we like while the inward spirit is it's very spirit.

Satan exists and extends his uncleanness to somehow through every dark deed he convinces us to do. Most people are willing to acknowledge Satan, but who is willing to acknowledge their Guide?

It's time to awaken to the spiritual world we are all connected to.

Imam Mahdi light extends to every human on earth.

The Guide is with us in a way that we need to awaken to. 

To some "morality" is just a mental construct of a physical brain. Others acknowledge it has a spiritual reality linked to God. Still others realize exactly what it is. 

True morality is Imam Mahdi.

Without recognizing what true morality is, all our deeds are vain and deception.

Till we realize that, we will go no where, and continue to distance ourselves from the Guide and the one reward God and the Prophet asked for conveying us the message.

On ۱۳۹۵/۸/۱ ه‍.ش. at 11:38 PM, Ather Abbas said:

I would like to know what is definition of morality in Islam. Instead of pure personal views, I would like that everyone shares those Ahadis from Imams a.s which deal specifically with this topic so that one can develop a definition of morality after going through (understanding, analyzing, reflecting upon) those Ahadis. I would also like that the contributor

salam alaykum :

what is Islamic morality ?

Moral conduct is a mood arousing good behavior with others by showing happy mien, nice wording, and kind manners. As he was asked about the limit of moral conduct, Imam as-Sadiq (a) answered: "It is to be modest, speak honorably, and meet your brother cheerfully." One of the expectations that every judicious individual exerts efforts for achieving is to have an attractive personality. It is surely a noble aim that cannot be attained by everyone except the virtuous and those who are characterized by knowledgeability, liberality, courage, and the like good traits. All virtues, however, cannot be true matters of admiration unless they are connected to moral conduct. On that account, moral conduct is the core and pivot of virtues. The Ahl ul-Bayt (a) used a variety of instructive methods in favor of glorifying the moral conduct so remarkably: The Prophet (s) said: "The best of you are the most well-mannered and generous ones who go on intimate terms with people and people go on intimate terms with them, and whose places of residence are frequently trodden on by guests." 5 "He who has a good nature will have the reward of those who observe fasting in days and keep awake praying at nights." 6 "You cannot treat people by means of your wealth; hence, you should treat them by means of your moral conduct." 7 Imam al-Baqir (a) said: "The most perfect believers, in the sight of faith, are the most well-mannered.....

for more information please refer to the following Address

http://www.islamportal.net/article/general-islamic-ethics

Edited by dawudansari2

On 10/23/2016 at 3:40 AM, LinkZelda said:

Imam Mahdi is the true justice. Search hadiths about this topic, but Quran says it too.

What I mean by that is not simply that he is the ideal human, but that he is the guidance, and the Quran is about awakening and remind people of this guidance, though, because of everyone's false description of his light and connection to humanity, we've become universally blind to it. People when we talk about this, wish to extinguish right away the reality of it, because it is a destroyer of passions.

It's convenient for people to pick and choose what they want to follow, and how they want to follow it. It's convenient isn't it for us to pray Salah outwardly in the way of the Prophet but then choose inwardly whatever we like while the inward spirit is it's very spirit.

Satan exists and extends his uncleanness to somehow through every dark deed he convinces us to do. Most people are willing to acknowledge Satan, but who is willing to acknowledge their Guide?

It's time to awaken to the spiritual world we are all connected to.

Imam Mahdi light extends to every human on earth.

The Guide is with us in a way that we need to awaken to. 

To some "justice" is just a mental construct of a physical brain. Others acknowledge it has a spiritual reality linked to God. Still others realize exactly what it is. 

True justiceis Imam Mahdi.

Without recognizing what true justice is, all our deeds are vain and deception.

Till we realize that, we will go no where, and continue to distance ourselves from the Guide and the one reward God and the Prophet asked for conveying us the message.

You know by replacing the word morality to any word that has been deemed good this template you wrote works perfectly with it one of the beauties language e.g: replace the word morality with justice.

I apologize that this reply has nothing to do with the original discussion but i just had to point that out

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.