Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Engineer73

A foot ball match on the day of Ashura

Rate this topic

Just seen a video of Iranian football team playing match against korea, on the day of Ashura.

Iranians have won that match by 1-0.

Is there any justification for organizing this match on the day of Ashura?

The game was not on the day of Ashura, it was on the day of Tassua, the 9th of Muharram.

Iran tried to change the date or cancel the match but both were not possible, Korean team refused to both suggestions, FIFA didn't agree to either. 

Its better Koran team lost, had Iranians been a bit more focused, Korea would have lost by 4 goals. There was ziarat Ashura in stadium in the half time and was a whole lot of matam and nohe during and in between the breaks.

1 hour ago, Irfani313 said:

Iran tried to change the date or cancel the match but both were not possible, Korean team refused to both suggestions, FIFA didn't agree to either. 

It is sad that Iranians have not considered the third option. They would have choose to let Korea win without playing the match.

Playing match on 9th of Mohorrum is not a wise decision.

Edited by Sajjad Zaidi

29 minutes ago, Sajjad Zaidi said:

It is sad that Iranians have not considered the third option. The would have choose to let Korea win without playing the match.

i agree..... this could perhaps even have been a test for them? but it depends upon what the marjaas say.

12 minutes ago, Sajjad Zaidi said:

It is sad that Iranians have not considered the third option. The would have choose to let Korea win without playing the match.

Your judgement is not just, you considered all Iranians as if all of them agreed on this but there were too many criticizes by people on the football federation, there were many protests and I was one of those who disagree with the match time but unfortunately the problem is that the president and his team controling the country are from faction of Eslah Talaban and this fraction has proven to be a fan of western culture not Islamic and Iranian, and besides, the president has been proven unqualified during the past 3 years of his work and in fact what he has done for the country was nothing, and even worse he ruined many parts of Iran which were giving hope to young people, for instance he shut down the nuclear program, shut down the projects of space and satellite, and ignoring scholarships and ... while previous president was advancing in them all despite all sanctions and hardships. The president proven that to flee his bad situation in country he needs to play political games, one of these games were the match time, he used it to make a divergent in the minds of people so that they might temporarily forget his bad performance and also indicates in the mind of people that there's no better option for Iran's presidential in the coming election.

Hawza disagree on the match time, Basij organization disagree and ... 

Whenever I see these things I remember the saying of Imam Khomeini(ra):" We have gotten rid of MuhammadReza(Iran's last monarch), but we won't be gotten rid of western educateds soon." 

3 minutes ago, Hidaren said:

Your judgement is not just, you considered all Iranians as if all of them agreed on this but there were too many criticizes by people on the football federation, there were many protests and I was one of those who disagree with the match time but unfortunately the problem is that the president and his team controling the country are from faction of Eslah Talaban and this fraction has proven to be a fan of western culture not Islamic and Iranian, and besides, the president has been proven unqualified during the past 3 years of his work and in fact what he has done for the country was nothing, and even worse he ruined many parts of Iran which were giving hope to young people, for instance he shut down the nuclear program, shut down the projects of space and satellite, and ignoring scholarships and ... while previous president was advancing in them all despite all sanctions and hardships. The president proven that to flee his bad situation in country he needs to play political games, one of these games were the match time, he used it to make a divergent in the minds of people so that they might temporarily forget his bad performance and also indicates in the mind of people that there's no better option for Iran's presidential in the coming election.

Hawza disagree on the match time, Basij organization disagree and ... 

Whenever I see these things I remember the saying of Imam Khomeini(ra):" We have gotten rid of MuhammadReza(Iran's last monarch), but we won't be gotten rid of western educateds soon." 

Please excuse me for that, i accept my fault in mentioning Iranians, but definately this decision is supposed to be made by Iranian government, which is the elected representative of people of Iran.

Just now, Sajjad Zaidi said:

Please excuse me for that, i accept my fault in mentioning Iranians, but definately this decision is supposed to be made by Iranian government, which is the elected representative of people of Iran.

True but history proves that people makes mistakes too, current president became president by lying and deceiving people

1 minute ago, Hidaren said:

True but history proves that people makes mistakes too, current president became president by lying and deceiving people

But he is a Shia, who knew what happened on 9th & 10th of Mohorrum, it is also regretful that Rehber has not intervened in this decision, if it was purely a government's decision.

Assalam.

Alhamdulellah it is finished now and more than 100,000 ppl showed some pictures of Ashura, a Ya Hussain a.s banner, black cloths etc.

They wanted the third option, and they didn't get it (Zionist again and again).

And IMO it is not a good idea to mention a country's problem such as Iran while we know thousand of people seeking for something to opening a thread and attack us especially Salafies and Wahhabies in the forum. You see what their ugly leader said about that football?

They just want to push us by their trash words.

Anyway, it's not bad to see the other side and beneficial of the issue. At the end the country has a lot of problems and the leader knows what's the best.

Wassalam.

It was blessed by Allah , Iran won and got chance to present How important was Ashura for human beings. Who is Hussain and how much passionate we are for Imam Hussain (as). This was gift from Allah to Iran that they present importance of Ashura in World level by winning the match. 

May Allah protect Islamic Revolution. 

35 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Assalam.

Alhamdulellah it is finished now and more than 100,000 ppl showed some pictures of Ashura, a Ya Hussain a.s banner, black cloths etc.

They wanted the third option, and they didn't get it (Zionist again and again).

And IMO it is not a good idea to mention a country's problem such as Iran while we know thousand of people seeking for something to opening a thread and attack us especially Salafies and Wahhabies in the forum. You see what their ugly leader said about that football?

They just want to push us by their trash words.

Anyway, it's not bad to see the other side and beneficial of the issue. At the end the country has a lot of problems and the leader knows what's the best.

Wassalam.

Rest assure brother, i will be the first to join the pasdaran, if anyone dare to harm the Islamic Republic.

It is a blessing of Allah that we are free to express our opinions, the system of governance in Iran is not like the hypocrite & nasibi kingdoms where people cannot express their opinions.

2 minutes ago, alirex said:

Who is Hussain and how much passionate we are for Imam Hussain (as)

??

How much passionate we are for Imam Hussain? That we played a football match on 9th muharram?

1 minute ago, starlight said:

??

How much passionate we are for Imam Hussain? That we played a football match on 9th muharram?

Leaving the match will not going to give any thing good. Playing the match and by grace of Almighty they won and after that when they turned whole stadium into mourning place shows whole world .. how important Ashura is for Ahle Tashio.

Rest story you already know. 

2 minutes ago, starlight said:

??

I dont know what people were doing when Iranian team scoring goals!

Enjoying on the goal or mourn on Imam Hussain by beating chest on every goal.

3 minutes ago, Sajjad Zaidi said:

Rest assure brother, i will be the first to join the pasdaran, if anyone dare to harm the Islamic Republic.

It is a blessing of Allah that we are free to express our opinions, the system of governance in Iran is not like the hypocrite & nasibi kingdoms where people cannot express their opinions.

No one say that brother absolutely, but we know that the enemies are looking for something to start a debate.

2 minutes ago, alirex said:

Leaving the match will not going to give any thing good. Playing the match and by grace of Almighty they won and after that when they turned whole stadium into mourning place shows whole world .. how important Ashura is for Ahle Tashio.

That's your opinion. In my opinion abandoning the match would have sent a stronger message.

7 hours ago, Sajjad Zaidi said:

Just seen a video of Iranian football team playing match against korea, on the day of Ashura.

Iranians have won that match by 1-0.

Is there any justification for organizing this match on the day of Ashura?

7 hours ago, Haroon Sajjad said:

Ashura day is a day of mourning and not playing games but they should of kept it different day rather on the day.

4 hours ago, starlight said:

??

Salamun alaykum.

The anger of anti-Shia channels show that Iranians were successful in taking advantage if this opportunity to introduce Imam al-Hussain to millions of people all around the world.

See how angry this pro-Saudia is:http://elaph.com/Web/Sports/2016/10/1113804.html

The title is:

التأهل لكأس العالم ليس أهم من عاشوراء

الحسين بن علي يظهر في ستاد آزادي في طهران !

The match was broadcast live in some countries including China. The whole stadium was in black instead of white. All the people mourned before, between and after the match.

Different banners and posters with statements about Imam al-Hussain were shown in the TV.

Some pictures and videos:

http://www.farhangnews.ir/content/235978

http://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5815407/گزارش-تصویری-دسته-عزاداری-و-سینه-زنی-در-ورزشگاه-آزادی

http://www.yjc.ir/fa/news/5815459/برگزاری-مراسم-عزاداری-تاسوعا-در-ورزشگاه-آزادی-فیلم

http://www.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=13950720000539

http://www.aparat.com/v/T6lBr/عزاداری_دیدنی_وتاریخی_بین_2نیمه_فوتبال_ایران_وکره_جنوبی

Even the Friday prayer's leader, Ayat Allah Sayyid Ahmad Khatami thanked those people in the stadium saying that the love for Hussain led Iranians to change the stadium to a Hussainiya for mourning (if you know Farsi, see more details in: http://www.ghatreh.com/news/nn34108085/خاتمی-تدبیر-بازی-ایران-کره-جنوبی-میوه-شیرین-داد

So in my opinion, Iranian officials tried their best to change the date but when there was no other option, Iranians made most of it to introduce Imam al-Hussain to millions of the audience.

8 hours ago, Sajjad Zaidi said:

But he is a Shia, who knew what happened on 9th & 10th of Mohorrum, it is also regretful that Rehber has not intervened in this decision, if it was purely a government's decision.

He is a Shia but his point of view is not Shia, he is a fan of liberalism, if you track his sayings during the past 3 years, you see he always speaks of giving up, surrender, forsaking what we have fought for during the past 40 years, he is an scholar but for the election he didn't used his hawza degree, he used his PHD and insists on being called Doctor Hassan Rouhani, not Sheikh Hassan Rouhani. Time has changed many of the politicians during the past years, some of those who were considered as the most revolutionaries are now against revolution and some of those who were against revolution are now revolutionary and are ready to sacrifice what ever they have for this revolution, so background of people is not that important, what they are now is what matters, Shemr was the captain of Imam Ali's army in the Saffain war, but he behead Imam Hussein(as).

It is also a bit funny that for everything people say, why leader doesn't, for you as an American, it might not be tangible but for us it is, for every single thing people expect Imam Khamenei(ha) to interfere but it cannot be done, he has his own limits, and he cannot always do things on his own, sometimes people (specially youths) have to show their power too, because the country belongs to them, this case is one of these cases in my humble opinion, this time people had to force government to do something but they remained silent.

Edited by Hidaren

12 hours ago, amirhosein_88 said:

The anger of anti-Shia channels show that Iranians were successful in taking advantage if this opportunity to introduce Imam al-Hussain to millions of people all around the world.

The anger, my dear brother, is also in the hearts of your shia brothers. Gathering of millions of people in Karbala on 9th & 10th of moharrum is sufficient to introduce Imam Hussain to the whole world.

If this is your opinion then better to introduce Imam Hussain to million of people around the world every year by organizing such events on 9th & 10th of moharrum. That is ridiculous indeed.

An Iranian scholar said while addressing the majlis on 2nd of mohorrum, that we should abandon the joyful things & actìons in the respect of these 10 days of moharrum.