Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  

Is crying aloud allowed - want proof

Rate this topic

I have been reading shamail e tirmizi lately in Bab e Sirat e rasool Hadith number 303 narrated by ibn e Abbas that prophet's daughter was dying and she died in front of him then umme ayman started crying aloud listening to her prophet said you started crying in front of prophet of Allah she said even you are crying on it he said it is the blessing of Allah that he made heart soft of his slave and said momin is always in khair even if his nafs is taken from him (the translation is rough).

I know it is Sunni book so I want to know what shias believe about crying aloud please give some evidence from shia or Sunni books no matter and it's applications in case of Imam Hussain AS

7 minutes ago, 090078601 said:

I know it is Sunni book so I want to know what shias believe about crying aloud please give some evidence

Salam. As for the Shi’ite references, the Holy Prophet SA cried for Imam Hussein AS. He also mentioned this: "When al-Khidr (as) met Moses (as), he explained and forecast the catastrophe of Karbala (the place where this tragedy took place) in the day of Ashura for Moses, and the calamities that will happen on that day, and then both al-Khidr and Moses cried and screamed severely.”

Also Ibn Abbas (ra) narrated that he met Imam ‘Ali (as) in Ziqar, and Imam ‘Ali pulled out a book that was written of the words of Prophet (S) in which the Prophet had explained the tragedy of Ashura and the slaughtering of his grandson al-Husayn and how he will be killed and who kills him and who assist them and who will be martyred with him. Then Imam ‘Ali (as) screamed severely and caused Ibn Abbas (ra) to cry.

https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/some-traditions-imam-al-husayn#prophet-crying-imam-al-husayn

“Say, “Believe in it or do not believe. Indeed, those who were given knowledge before it (i.e. the righteous among the People of the Scriptures who recognize the truth contained in the Quran.) when it is recited to them, they fall upon their faces in prostration. And they say, “Exalted is our Lord! Indeed, the promise of our Lord has been fulfilled.” And they fall upon their faces weeping, and it [i.e. the Quran] increases them in humble submission.” [Quran: 17: 107-109].

3 hours ago, 090078601 said:

I have been reading shamail e tirmizi lately in Bab e Sirat e rasool Hadith number 303 narrated by ibn e Abbas that prophet's daughter was dying and she died in front of him then umme ayman started crying aloud listening to her prophet said you started crying in front of prophet of Allah she said even you are crying on it he said it is the blessing of Allah that he made heart soft of his slave and said momin is always in khair even if his nafs is taken from him (the translation is rough).

I know it is Sunni book so I want to know what shias believe about crying aloud please give some evidence from shia or Sunni books no matter and it's applications in case of Imam Hussain AS

Salamun alaykum. Based on Sunni sources, Prophet Muhammad cried after the demise/martyrdom of several people including his uncle Hamza, his son Ibrahim, Ja'far ibn Abi Talib, Zaid ibn Haritha, Uthman ibn Madh'un etc. As for his crying after the martyrdom of Hamza mention could be made of following reports:

- Ibn Mas'ud narrates:

ما رأينا رسول اللّه‏ صلّي الله عليه و آله وسلّم باكياً أشدّ من بكائه علي حمزه، وضعه في القبله، ثمّ وقف علي جنازته، وانتحب حتّي بلغ به الغشي، يقول: يا عمّ رسول اللّه! يا حمزه! يا أسد اللّه! وأسد رسوله! يا حمزه! يا فاعل الخيرات! يا حمزه! يا كاشف الكربات! يا حمزه! يا ذابّ عن وجه رسول اللّه!.

"Prophet Muhammad cried over Hamza so much so that it was unprecedented ... and he was nearly unconscious ..." (Dhakha'ir al-Uqba, p.181).

- Halabi in his Sira (vol. 2, p. 247) writes:

لما رأى النبى حمزه قتيلا، بكى فلما راى ما مثّل به شهق

"When Prophet Muhammad found Hamza martyred he cried and when he realized that he had been mutilated he cried out loud".

In addition to this, some other companions of Holy Prophet (like Imam Ali, Umar ibn Khattab etc.) have been reported as crying over dead people.

4 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

@090078601 - please read on the Prophet's reaction at the martyrdom of Hz Hamza.

Prophet S ordering the women of Madina to quit crying on their killed ones and instead cry on Hamzah.

Prophet S declaring the whole year, the Aam ul Huzn, the year of grief, at the death of Hazrat Abu Talib As and Hz. Khadija As.

Something which is totally lost on the lovers of Umer. Just because someone barked at one time to not cry because he hated people remembering the Prophet's death and the mutiny of saqifa against Imam Ali.

1 hour ago, E.L King said:

The Shi'a hadiths about this are clear.

"Every jaza and crying is makrooh except the jaza and crying about Al-Husayn"

"And have mercy on that scream upon us"

And there are many mu'tabar hadiths in this regard.

Will you quote some. it will be great help