Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Hassan H

Please help me

Rate this topic

A man and I were having a debate about Shia and Sunni at school because he said "why are you Shia." So in the debate he said "why do you guys follow a family who hasn't done anything for you and who doesn't even know or care about you, and they died 1400 years ago." I can't get what he said out of my head and I know I shouldn't have debated but please help me to prove what he said is wrong so i can get over it.

As Salam alaikum wa rehmatullah 

brother 1st of all don't jump into arguments when you don't have knowledge

now for you to get the answer

go and open book of hadith "usul kafi" and other authentic books in our literature (either online or from liberary) and search for the answer by your ownself,

cos if I answered you now then you won't get the urge to seek knowledge which is right now ignited inside you because of that argument 

so go and search and Allah will help you InshaALLAH 

may Allah guide us all amen

3 minutes ago, Dr Xick Marshall said:

As Salam alaikum wa rehmatullah 

brother 1st of all don't jump into arguments when you don't have knowledge

now for you to get the answer

go and open book of hadith "usul kafi" and other authentic books in our literature (either online or from liberary) and search for the answer by your ownself,

cos if I answered you now then you won't get the urge to seek knowledge which is right now ignited inside you because of that argument 

so go and search and Allah will help you InshaALLAH 

may Allah guide us all amen

Salem, 

I do seek the knowledge but it has affected me and it keeps coming back to my head 

1 minute ago, Hassan H said:

Salem, 

I do seek the knowledge but it has affected me and it keeps coming back to my head 

This is rage my brother and it's coming because of "satan"

cos "satan" is the total enemy of mankind

he doesn't care about you or the other guy he is just whispering in your ear again and again so seek help from Allah by reciting Quran and when ever that thought comes into your mind recite this verse of Quran"

رب أعوذ بك من همزات الشياطين وأعوذ بك رب ان يحضرون

سورة المؤمنون 

59 minutes ago, Hassan H said:

A man and I were having a debate about Shia and Sunni at school because he said "why are you Shia." So in the debate he said "why do you guys follow a family who hasn't done anything for you and who doesn't even know or care about you, and they died 1400 years ago." I can't get what he said out of my head and I know I shouldn't have debated but please help me to prove what he said is wrong so i can get over it.

That would include the Prophet too wouldn't it? So a simple question back to you and him would be, "What has the Prophet done for you lately?"

54 minutes ago, Dr Xick Marshall said:

One more thing brother 

you don't need to prove wrong or right to anyone, you just need to tell what's the truth and the way it is simple.

That's a big advice, very deep one.

39 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

It sounds like your friend is a nasibi with little knowledge about how Islam was conveyed to us.

You should take this a good oportunity to improve your knowledge and find out why you believe what you believe.

Good luck in sha'Allah

This is one of the biggest Wahhabi doubt question.

44 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

It sounds like your friend is a nasibi with little knowledge about how Islam was conveyed to us.

You should take this a good oportunity to improve your knowledge and find out why you believe what you believe.

Good luck in sha'Allah

He is no friend of mine only a classmate

2 hours ago, Hassan H said:

... "why do you guys follow a family who hasn't done anything for you and who doesn't even know or care about you, and they died 1400 years ago."...

Salamun alaykum.

1. We as Shia are blessed to believe in an alive Imam for each time and era. Thus, according to the well-known Prophetic narration, through knowing the Imam of our time we do not die like the people of Jahilyyah (pre-Islam ignorance).

2. The holy members of this family have taught us a portion of their vast Divine knowledge. Despite the fact that many collections of hadith have been lost in the history, still in different Islamic fields of study, including jurisprudence, principles of jurisprudence, interpretation of the Quran, ethics, psychology, politic, sociology, spirituality, economy, etc. Shia scholars refer to the narrations of the Infallibles. What is more beneficial than this? Shia school of thought is a progressive one which is able to answer all the questions in different fields in all times and places and this is because of the fact that we have access to the narrations of the Infallibles.

3. We as Shia believe that, no doubt, Ahl al-Bayt specially the Imam of Time, Imam Mahdi (may Allah hasten his reappearance) care for us. According to our narrations, Imam Mahdi loves all of the Shia and his followers, and that he is aware of everything they do. It has been narrated that Imam Mahdi addressed Sheikh Mufid, one of the Shia's great scholars, saying:

"انا غیر مهملین لمراعاتکم و لا ناسین لذکرکم",

(Sheikh Saduq, Ihtijaj, vol. 2, pg. 497)

which means "We aren’t indifferent about you [the Shia] and never forget you."