Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
aamina

what happened to people's imaan after Prophet

Rate this topic

OK my question is not relevant to your current thread, but I want to ask a very basic question. As you people are so curious about Islam and shiaism, you must know what was the logic behind all the scenario, after very few years of prophet's death, what happened to people's imaan that prophet's family gone through such a harsh time? I mean, I am a very ordinary not very curious type of person. You people are very active on blog. Please guide me, thank you.

I'll quote you a few verses and leave it at that:

[2:51] And [recall] when We made an appointment with Moses for forty nights. Then you took [for worship] the calf after him, while you were wrongdoers.

[2:54] And [recall] when Moses said to his people, "O my people, indeed you have wronged yourselves by your taking of the calf [for worship]. So repent to your Creator and kill yourselves. That is best for [all of] you in the sight of your Creator." Then He accepted your repentance; indeed, He is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

[2:92] And most certainly Musa came to you with clear arguments, then you took the calf (for a god) in his absence and you were unjust.

[2:93] And when We made with you a covenant and caused the Mount to tower above you, (saying): Hold fast by that which We have given you, and hear (Our Word), they said: We hear and we rebel. And (worship of) the calf was made to sink into their hearts because of their rejection (of the covenant). Say (unto them): Evil is that which your belief enjoineth on you, if ye are believers.

This happened in just the 40 days that Musa was gone, let alone years.

And,

[9:101] And among those around you of the bedouins are hypocrites, and [also] from the people of Madinah. They have become accustomed to hypocrisy. You, [O Muhammad], do not know them, [but] We know them. We will punish them twice [in this world]; then they will be returned to a great punishment.

[63:1]When the Hypocrites come to thee, they say, "We bear witness that thou art indeed the Messenger of Allah." Yea, Allah knoweth that thou art indeed His Messenger, and Allah beareth witness that the Hypocrites are indeed liars.

[2:8]And of mankind, there are some (hypocrites) who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day" while in fact they believe not.

1 hour ago, aamina said:

OK my question is not relevant to your current thread, but I want to ask a very basic question. As you people are so curious about Islam and shiaism, you must know what was the logic behind all the scenario, after very few years of prophet's death, what happened to people's imaan that prophet's family gone through such a harsh time? I mean, I am a very ordinary not very curious type of person. You people are very active on blog. Please guide me, thank you.

I fear that you will never get an answer that you are satisfied with until you become a curious person.

Albert Einstein said that genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration.

This is also true when you seek the truth and want to gain insight. Go exercise that curiousity muscle first.

In His name

Salam;

Firstly, we have to make this point in consideration that Muslims and companions around the prophet Muhammad (p.b.u.h) were not in the same level. Many of them became Muslim in the conquest of Mecca at 8 A.H. They were called Tulaqa. Many of them did not accept Islam whole-heartedly. Many of them considered the prophet hood as a position and status which belonged to Muhammad as a prominent characteristic from Bani Hashim of Quraysh. At that time Bani Hashim, of whom Muhammad was more trusted and well-known after 'Abu Talib, was in a very high position among 'Arabs in Hijaz.

Although thousands of thousand Muslims at Ghadir Khom swore allegiance with Imam 'Ali and expressed their happiness and congratulated him for the successorship of the prophet, they planed to take out the caliphate from Bani Hashim's hands particularly from 'Ali (a.s.). For they did not want the power, prophet hood and Imamate to be put in one single dynasty and family. So when the prophet was in the dying moment, they disobeyed his order for many times and did not allow him to write the important and vital will (Imamate of 'Ali) in order that the Muslim community not to be gone astray. Unfortunately, not only they did not allow him in this regard, but also they claimed the prophet Muhammad having fits of delirium. If we pay attention carefully to this, we will find that they did not believe in Muhammad as other Muslims e.g. Salman, Meqdad, 'Abuzar etc. believed in.

We will realize this fact (that they did not both prophet hood and Imamate in the same family) through a dialogue between 'Umar and Ibn 'Abbas about this issue after the caliphate was seized and confiscated from 'Ali. 'Umar said to Ibn 'Abbas, "Quraysh did not like the prophet hood and caliphate to be maintained in the same dynasty because it makes you be proud of yourselves". (Tabari, vol.1, p. 2769)

After all, the power and authority put under the control of a group of people who interpreted Islam and the verses of the holy Qur'an as they wished. So the innovations and deviations established in Islam and Muslims were accustomed to them. Gradually they went through the elitism and indolence by trophy and prize they got from caliphs or in the battles. When Imam 'Ali wanted to behave according to the Qur'an and the Sunna of the prophet, they dissatisfied and pushed him back. For they used to live according to previous caliphs' Sunna.  

When Umayyad dynasty dominated over the Islamic territories, the tried their best to revive the Ignorance era's teachings again and they succeeded to do that and the majority of society followed and supported them. Having seen such this situation and deviation in the nation of his grandfather, Imam Hussayn (a.s.) started his movement to awaken and bring them back from deviated path.

As a matter of fact, the Muslim community needed to be enjoined to good and prohibited from vice even by blood.

If you want to know and be acquainted with reality in this regard on detailed, you can refer to this useful book "SHI'ISM: A HISTORICAL APPROACH"  written down by Dr. Sayyed Hossein Muhammad Ja'fari