Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
abuhaydar

Sayyed Ammar Naskhkawani needs to move on!

Rate this topic

Salam,

Can someone tell Sayyed Ammar that his lectures are focusing way too much on Sunni-Shia debate.

I can't listen to him anymore. As someone already convinced of shiism, his lectures give little religious value. All he does is try to prove that shiism is right, and it becomes redundant.

Dear brother, I concur with the repetition comment. 

Couple of things there though:

1. One is humans need repetition otherwise we forget. Notice how Quran repeats so many times pretty much everything. Even eating of zabiha meat has been mentioned 3x.

2. Sunni itch. As Muharram comes, suddenly all those restive Sunnis who never cared about religion except their salat and sawm, suddenly pop out from their holes and start asking us furuii questions. Totally stupid things which are at best mustahib in our faith. Those on mimbar have to answer those otherwise we'll forget, and they will not learn anything.

3. Sunni cult of Islam is in big time retreat, its been hijacked by Salafis who are more evident than sun that they are not the right Islam. Many well meaning Sunnis are searching for light. Again they also have Sunni itch. Combined the two and the lectures which compare Shia-Sunni make many Sunnis accept the religion of Prophet S and Ahlulbayt AS. 

I've found conversions in places where Shia Islam is in most chaos ideologically and physically, like in Pakistan; so many young people I know who have turned from Sunni to Shia and have converted their parents too.

Edited by Irfani313

Salam, May Allah Bless Sayed Ammar and reward him for all his hard work. Just cause we have outgrown something doesn't mean other people are not in need of it. I think this whole Shia/Sunni debate and arguments have never been more important, with everything that's going on in the world. Ahlulbayt (as) being oppressed and getting their rights usurped never gets repetitive. It will stop when our Imam Mahdi (as) comes. 

I think he is focusing a lot on current affairs and I can't see how he can dissect a lot of what he talks about without making Shia/Sunni distinctions. I think its worth the risk of hurting of our brother's feelings even though if thats not the intent anyway, if it can actually push them to research their history more. Believe me, a lot of sunnis I have spoken to don't know history, if these lectures push them to research their history its worth it. Sunni islam is increasingly becoming more influenced by Salafis, its important they recognize this, why it happens and do some research. As for the hardliner salafis, who cares about them? I don't want unity with them. When people focus on us beating our chests/calling us non-muslims/claiming we are barbarians, they are just detracting from people actually trying to learn actual history. As he said, "Why don't they want you to know about history? Because it is a domino, when the domino falls, one falls after the other. Why do you think they don't want you to know about Kerbala? Why do they focus on the Shia beating themselves? Because they know if the world focused on Kerbala was about, every domino would fall." So its important to discuss these things to educate our brethren, if they are willing to learn of course. 

Edited by Mohamed1993