Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
.InshAllah.

How to deal with Terminal Cancer

Rate this topic

Terminal cancer patient is usually go under palliative care that is "a medical care that focuses on providing patients with relief from the discomfort, pain, symptoms, physical and mental distress to improve quality of life as the priority rather than cure.

It is best to have loved ones, family and friends supporting emotionally the individual going through terminal cancer.

I wonder if the individual going through terminal cancer should keep their faith and hope up for miracles and cure, if so, how long?

And when should he/she accept death and prepare for it spiritually and emotionally?

I heard about my relative that doctors told him that he had only one day to live. When he went home, all his relatives and friends started calling him and saying goodbyes. But he remained quiet. He didn't say anything to anyone and he passed away the next day. I think it's better if you know few months in advance so that you can repent and prepare. But it must be really hard to deal with the fear. I am surprised he didn't use this time to go to Makkah or medina. There could be a miracle. I wouldn't want to talk to anyone but interaction with others can be a distraction, otherwise your thoughts can drive you crazy. 

2 hours ago, ema said:

I wonder if the individual going through terminal cancer should keep their faith and hope up for miracles and cure, if so, how long?

And when should he/she accept death and prepare for it spiritually and emotionally?

Personally, from day one I wouldn't hold my breath for a miracle.  If I'm fortunate enough to get one, then great, but I'm not even sure how much I'd treat it.  If my cancer is that bad/aggressive/detected that late, that doctors call it "terminal", then I'd rather enjoy my last days with family and doing things I like than spending it in a hospital bed vomiting after getting chemo.

15 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

I heard about my relative that doctors told him that he had only one day to live. When he went home, all his relatives and friends started calling him and saying goodbyes. But he remained quiet. He didn't say anything to anyone and he passed away the next day. I think it's better if you know few months in advance so that you can repent and prepare. But it must be really hard to deal with the fear. I am surprised he didn't use this time to go to Makkah or medina. There could be a miracle. I wouldn't want to talk to anyone but interaction with others can be a distraction, otherwise your thoughts can drive you crazy. 

Doctors told him he had literally one day to live?  What was wrong with him that they were able to send him home, and he had enough energy that you'd be surprised he didn't use his last day to travel when he could've died on the plane, at an airport, or on some random street away from all his family?  

3 minutes ago, coldcow said:

Personally, from day one I wouldn't hold my breath for a miracle.  If I'm fortunate enough to get one, then great, but I'm not even sure how much I'd treat it.  If my cancer is that bad/aggressive/detected that late, that doctors call it "terminal", then I'd rather enjoy my last days with family and doing things I like than spending it in a hospital bed vomiting after getting chemo.

Doctors told him he had literally one day to live?  What was wrong with him that they were able to send him home, and he had enough energy that you'd be surprised he didn't use his last day to travel when he could've died on the plane, at an airport, or on some random street away from all his family?  

He had cancer and doctors told him he had one day left. I am sorry I wasn't clear in my post. I meant that the guy in the video didn't go to Makkah or medina. I wasn't talking about my relative. 

His story is quite touching and most importantly a lesson for all, we may think we are all healthy and one day you could be told you don't have that much time to live. Indeed, every soul shall taste death. You are the most forgiving oh Lord forgive us all and guide us to sirat al-mustaqeem! 

Why is no one focusing on the fact that this guy bought thongs for $600.

I get guilty for just buying groceries and this guy buys thongs for $600 and only after he gets a terminal illness he realizes how ridiculous that is.

2 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

Why is no one focusing on the fact that this guy bought thongs for $600.

I get guilty for just buying groceries and this guy buys thongs for $600 and only after he gets a terminal illness he realizes how ridiculous that is.

When people awake from death, they realize how stupid they were and how much they want to be close to God, that is the nature of awaking. Allah (swt) is Merciful and He forgive people who seek repentance.