Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
LabaikYaHussein

Sistanis fatwa

Rate this topic

Salam apperantly this fawta is from grand ayatollah sistani 

Question: What is the ruling regarding Temporary Marriage with a Buddhist woman who pronounces the Shahaadatayn for the sake of the (temporary) marriage, then she returns to her religion after the time of her contract ends?

Answer: This marriage is correct (SaheeH), if it is apparent from her that she did not contradict the shahaadatayn.  

Can somebody show me exactly where on the site it says this so i am exactly sure its his 

The words shahaadatayn and SaheeH are probably the words of somebody's own translation, not the words that Ayatullah Sistani's websites would use in English. You can find the links to his sites, along with other Grand Ayatullahs, in this topic:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/71812-grand-ayatullahs/

Salam,

This was most likely only available on his Arabic site, I can see the fatwa quoted all over the internet, however there are no links to his site. There is a screen shot of it on a blog though.

https://gift2shias.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/sistani_and_marriage_with_budis.jpg

What is the issue with this ruling?

Edited by Ali_Hussain

1 hour ago, LabaikYaHussein said:

Salam apperantly this fawta is from grand ayatollah sistani 

Question: What is the ruling regarding Temporary Marriage with a Buddhist woman who pronounces the Shahaadatayn for the sake of the (temporary) marriage, then she returns to her religion after the time of her contract ends?

Answer: This marriage is correct (SaheeH), if it is apparent from her that she did not contradict the shahaadatayn.  

Can somebody show me exactly where on the site it says this so i am exactly sure its his 

When I was in Iraq, we were told by the shaikh that Buddhists are not najis because Budha was a prophet and they are considered as ahlul kitab. Allahu A3lam. 

10 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

When I was in Iraq, we were told by the shaikh that Buddhists are not najis because Budha was a prophet and they are considered as ahlul kitab. Allahu A3lam. 

Hmm acording to sistani's website (eng translation) Buddhists alongside with hindus are from the non ahlul kitab category. Are budhists even monotheistic?  

http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/01120/

2 hours ago, Mushkil Kusha said:

Are budhists even monotheistic?  

Slightly OT.

Well, they used to have strictures against idols and statues.

And then the Greeks arrived in what is now Pakistan and Buddha statues started appearing. At first he was built like a Greek god, but then a more rotund and Asian appearance took shape.

5 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Slightly OT.

Well, they used to have strictures against idols and statues.

And then the Greeks arrived in what is now Pakistan and Buddha statues started appearing. At first he was built like a Greek god, but then a more rotund and Asian appearance took shape.

Like any other religion man has filled it with corruption I guess.