Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaMan14

Prophet SA and Imam Ali AS

Rate this topic

Is there an apparent contradiction in the Quran. 

In verse 6.163 - the Prophet (saw) says he is the first Muslim:
[Quran 6:163] No associate has He; and this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who submit.

In verses 2.128-133, the Quran says Hz Ibrahim and his progeny are Muslims:
[Quran 2:127] And when Ibrahim and Ismail raised the foundations of the House: Our Lord! accept from us; surely Thou art the Hearing, the Knowing:
[Quran 2:128] Our Lord! and make us both submissive to Thee and (raise) from our offspring a nation submitting to Thee, and show us our ways of devotion and turn to us (mercifully), surely Thou art the Oft-returning (to mercy), the Merciful.
[Quran 2:129] Our Lord! and raise up in them a Messenger from among them who shall recite to them Thy communications and teach them the Book and the wisdom, and purify them; surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.
[Quran 2:130] And who forsakes the religion of Ibrahim but he who makes himself a fool, and most certainly We chose him in this world, and in the hereafter he is most surely among the righteous.
[Quran 2:131] When his Lord said to him, Be a Muslim, he said: I submit myself to the Lord of the worlds.
[Quran 2:132] And the same did Ibrahim enjoin on his sons and (so did) Yaqoub. O my sons! surely Allah has chosen for you (this) faith, therefore die not unless you are Muslims.
[Quran 2:133] Nay! were you witnesses when death visited Yaqoub, when he said to his sons: What will you serve after me? They said: We will serve your god and the god of your fathers, Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq, one Allah only, and to Him do we submit.

So either the Prophet and/or Allah was confused about who was the first Muslim OR we have to believe that Prophet Muhammad was truly Allah's first creation.

Interesting questions and even more interesting answer:

Shias believe that the first thing Allah created was the Noor of the Prophet (saw) and then He split it into 2 Noor (Prophet (saw) and Ali (as)).

Q: Where was this Noor housed since there was no creation. Even space, arsh, jannah, etc were not there.

A: The Noor was "like" (not was) the Shadow of Allah. It was everywhere Allah was.