Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Shia sheikh standing behind Trump in rally!

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

 

Look at this. Just found this on youtube, while looking at the people who were behind Trump, I saw this man with a white turban (look closely). I soon found out that he was wearing typical shia scholar clothes. 

What do you think?Is it a shia sheikh? If yes, what is he doing?!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice catch.

But I do not like the way you phrase the titles of your threads, most often you make statements instead of questions, such as:

Shia sheikh standing behind Trump in rally!
 
instead of: 
Shia sheikh standing behind Trump in rally?
 

or

 

Islamic punishments are out-dated

instead of:

Are Islamic punishments out-dated?

 

As to the question/statement, I am very skeptical to these things, though it might be worth mentioning there was a priest standing next to him if you look. Anyways we do not know the truth of the matter nor the context, its hard to judge.

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Nice catch.

But I do not like the way you phrase the titles of your threads, most often you make statements instead of questions, such as:

Shia sheikh standing behind Trump in rally!
 
instead of: 
Shia sheikh standing behind Trump in rally?
 

or

 

Islamic punishments are out-dated

instead of:

Are Islamic punishments out-dated?

 

As to the question/statement, I am very skeptical to these things, though it might be worth mentioning there was a priest standing next to him if you look. Anyways we do not know the truth of the matter nor the context, its hard to judge.

 
 
 

 

Lol sorry brother, I like to clickbait :D

However, yes, you are right: we can't accuse him of so and so.

But he's creating this "suspicion" himself, you know what I mean? We can't be blamed for that. If I walk with a girl in my school and discussing some serious school-related stuff, and some people don't know it's serious or not, they would say: "Look, he's doing so and so with that girl". Even though it isn't true, they can't be blamed for that!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ali-F said:

Even though it isn't true, they can't be blamed for that!

Yes, I think they can be blamed for having suspicion when there is nothing to suspect. Better to first make excuses for a fellow believer than to make assumptions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ema said:

Sikhs come in variety of looks and colors also.

Yes, I understand, but look at the person in the video. Do shiks wear such clothes? No, its shia clothes, if you may say so. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But Trump is saying "Hilary would give Nuclear weapon to Iran"

3 minutes ago, repenter said:

Definitely a shia sheikh. This was in Michigan:

on that video. So which shia sheikh was that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ema said:

But Trump is saying "Hilary would give Nuclear weapon to Iran"

on that video. So which shia sheikh was that?

Not sure, but if i would guess someone in the modarressi/shirazi department.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not like there are any good presidential candidates to support. 

 

But without knowing the background we have no idea why he was there. Why not find out who he is and ask him directly instead of gossiping?

Edited by notme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the big deal here. So he went to a Trump rally? Maybe he was curious, and wanted to hear Trump speak? Maybe he wants to help 'make America great again'? So what, and who cares? Let's wait to hear him make a statement before accusing him of anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

I don't see the big deal here. So he went to a Trump rally? Maybe he was curious, and wanted to hear Trump speak? Maybe he wants to help 'make America great again'? So what, and who cares? Let's wait to hear him make a statement before accusing him of anything.

 

 

Agree.. but I don't think (maybe) that he was curious. There's a part in the speech where Trump turns around to greet the people, and the Sheikh is seen trying to get the attention of Trump by waving to him (while smiling). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Haydar Husayn said:

I don't see the big deal here. So he went to a Trump rally? Maybe he was curious, and wanted to hear Trump speak? Maybe he wants to help 'make America great again'? So what, and who cares? Let's wait to hear him make a statement before accusing him of anything.

That is true. But we also have plenty of "advice" from the Imam's to be smart and not be seen with oppressors and people who are against Islam, specially if it may cause people to question it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, repenter said:

That is true. But we also have plenty of "advice" from the Imam's to be smart and not be seen with oppressors and people who are against Islam, specially if it may cause people to question it. 

We are also supposed to make excuses for believers. If it turns out this guy is a Trump supporter, then of course we should have no hesitation for calling him out on it, but I think we need more evidence first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sun Tzu 孫子; Sūn Zǐ; (c. 6th century BCE) was a Chinese general, military strategist, and author of The Art of War, an immensely influential ancient Chinese book on military strategy; also known as Sun Wu (孫武; Sūn Wǔ), and Chang Qing (長卿; Cháng Qīng) said,

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest silasun

"Shia Sheikh" grinning throughout the speech, filming on his phone, chatting to the guy nextdoor and waving to people??!!

There is a massive difference between being caught somewhere accidentally and acting like a Trump supporter a few metres away from Donald Trump at a Trump speech.

Hopefully the other members didn't pay attention to his antics so that's why we are making excuses. Since you wouldn't be foolish enough to think "The Imam of Peace"- SC's beloved Brother Tawhidi- made those 1001 crazy comments by accident.

Somebody bring Al-Mufeed back. Looks like we may be needing another BT-esque thread.

Edited by silasun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, repenter said:

but the results are horrible.

We don't know the ultimate result yet. Whoever win the USA presidency, wise one tries diplomacy with the winner first. We don't know exactly what political strategy the shia in the video has at this point by being close to Trump now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ema said:

We don't know the ultimate result yet. Whoever win the USA presidency, wise one tries diplomacy with the winner first. We don't know exactly what political strategy the shia in the video has at this point by being close to Trump now.

Ofc we know the results already. A shia cleric shows up at a trump rally, not only in the rally, but in the damn background where a selected few can stand. What message does that give to the world? My guess is, 99% that he is Iraqi, the same dude standing there talking voted and supported bombing of his country and murdering, raping and stealing its wealth. And before that, supported the idiot Saddam. And now, supports ISIS. What possible results could you imagine? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest silasun

@celestial

Yes, let us all sit and criticise Ayatollahs Khamenei, Sistani and Makarem for sitting down with members of the Sunni sect- with whom we share a Qur'an, Qibla, prayers etc- for the purpose of trying to work for a more solid Islamic community which can defend against crimes of imperialists.

But when some turbaned guy goes and chills with Donald Trump, a man who has declared war on Islam, we ought to get into our holier than thou state and play the "you don't know what's in his heart" card. 

As a kind request, next time you see one of the pro-unity folks who actually has a soft spot for oppressors held dear by Sunnis then please do let me know- I must have missed all the damage that Sayeds Khamenei and Sistani have done to our belief system over the past 30 years.

Edited by silasun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, repenter said:

Ofc we know the results already.

No, you don't have all the facts behind his action. Why don't you ask the shia cleric before denouncing him?

And there is a reason why  Sun Tzu 孫子; the Chinese military strategist who said,

"Keep your friends close and Keep your enemies closer."

stayed famous since 6th century BCE. That is the difference between the wise and average population whose names would get forgotten in history.

Just give him the benefit of doubt before proven.

 

Edited by ema
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Saturday, October 01, 2016 at 1:45 PM, celestial said:

It's still better than seeing Shia scholars sitting with nasibi scholars for the sake of unity.

No, it isn't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016/10/2 at 0:39 AM, ElAhmed said:

Sheikh Mohammed Hajj Hassan

If Trump become USA president, it is almost as same as being a world leader.

It is not a bad idea for someone from Shia to try to educate Trump.

Not everyone from Islamic intellectual community can win the trust of Trump.

So this Shia cleric was able to go close to Trump.

One of many Trump's problem is ignorance on true Islam.

So attempt to influence and advise the ignorant Trump who is about to take the power over the world is a good thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ema said:

If Trump become USA president, it is almost as same as being a world leader.

It is not a bad idea for someone from Shia to try to educate Trump.

Not everyone from Islamic intellectual community can win the trust of Trump.

So this Shia cleric was able to go close to Trump.

One of many Trump's problem is ignorance on true Islam.

So attempt to influence and advise the ignorant Trump who is about to take the power over the world is a good thing.

 

He met Trump for what was likely less than an hour and then got to sit behind him at the rally.

That's definitely not going to be enough to change Trump's worldview. Nor do I think either Donald Trump or his fan base- which is his only hope for election- want to get educated in this regard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

He met Trump for what was likely less than an hour and then got to sit behind him at the rally.

That's definitely not going to be enough to change Trump's worldview. Nor do I think either Donald Trump or his fan base- which is his only hope for election- want to get educated in this regard.

You see, everything takes a first step. Even someone you end up marrying might start with first greeting, smile, etc. So he was able to be that close at almost front line in such a short time, that is amazing by itself.

So lets be patient on educating Trump. I know it is not an overnight task.

At least Trump did not freak out by the sight of Islamic cleric with very Islamic attire, and did not call security to deport the "Muslim" out of country. He came a long way already.

Edited by ema

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...