Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Aabiss_Shakari

Islamic Names for Baby Girl

Rate this topic

MashAllah , Bohat Bohat Mubarik ho!  She is adorable <3 , You have a little princess to spoil !! :cuddle:

May Allah bless her with good fortune and strong Imaan. 

You could name her 'Sumana' after mother of Imam Al Jawad al Taqi  (a.s) or 'Sabeeka' , mother of Imam Ali Naqi (a.s)

On 9/27/2016 at 7:25 AM, Aabiss_Shakari said:

By the grace of almighty Allah for the sake of Sahiban e Mubahilla a. s, I am blessed by a baby girl yesterday night (Night of Eid Mubahilla). Please suggest me an Islamic baby girl name for my daughter. 

Congratulations, don't forget to aqiqa for her, aqiqa is highly advised by ahlulbayts(عليه السلام), some names that might help you:

Fatima: One of the Imams said about this name:" If you named your daughter Fatima, don't be harsh on her and don't threat bad to her, because there was a Fatima who was made to suffer too much"

Pardis: it is a persian name and it entered to Arabic and became ferdos and also entered english and was changed to paradise. p.s: Ferdos is a male name :D while Pardis is female.

Zainab

Zahra

Maryam

Narjis

Narges (it is the persian version of Narjis)

6 hours ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

By the grace of almighty Allah for the sake of Sahiban e Mubahilla a. s, I am blessed by a baby girl yesterday night (Night of Eid Mubahilla). Please suggest me an Islamic baby girl name for my daughter.

Congratulations, I think you must name your daughter in the names of Fatima سلام الله علیها like Fatima Zahra    muhaddethe محدثه or ... .Because she has been born at night of Mubahilla and in the story of  Mubahilla there were only one woman and she was Fatima سلام الله علیها

7 hours ago, Aabiss_Shakari said:

MashAllah! Congratulations to you and your wife, to all your family. Names that I like: Fatima, Zahra, Zainab, Sakinah, more. I'm too excited to remember more names. :) 

1 hour ago, Taufeeq said:

ayesha is also good,the mother of the believers

i like fathima-zahra

I could think of a couple names better than Aisha, like Zainab or Maryam.

Although Fatima Zahra or simply Zahra would be a great choice.  

8 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Bakhtawar (Lucky/ fortunate, because she was born on such a blessed day to such a great father)

I really like this name, I've never heard it before. But when I searched google for it, some sites say it's a girl name and others say it is a boy name. Is it used for either, or does it vary by culture, or are those sites just wrong?

Just now, notme said:

I really like this name, I've never heard it before. But when I searched google for it, some sites say it's a girl name and others say it is a boy name. Is it used for either, or does it vary by culture, or are those sites just wrong?

its unisex, Ive only seen girls called Bakhtawar, but then again the rapper Ice T is called tracy. 

On 9/27/2016 at 7:25 AM, Aabiss_Shakari said:

If you can't decide, you can always wait until she is older and then ask her.

:birthday: Like on her 5th birthday?

Congrats brother!! May your daughter be a blessing for you and sincere servant of aal e Muhammad (s.a.w.w).

Khadija

Tatheer Fatima

Mardiyyah/Marzia

Lubaba

Noor ul Ain

Assiyah

Farwa

Layla

Ayat

Hooriya

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

39 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Wut

In punjabi, this means "she dies"

Its one of Sayyeda Fatima's (s.a) titles :)

Fatima has nine names/titles: Fatima فاطمة, al-Siddiqa الصديقة (the truthful one), al-Mubaraka المباركة (the blessed one), al-Tahira الطاهرة (the pure one), al-Zakiyya الزكية (the chaste one), al-Radhiayya الرضية (the grateful one), al-Mardhiyya المرضية (the one who shall be pleased [on Judgment Day]), al-Muhaddatha المحدثة (the one, other than the Prophet, to whom an angel speaks) and al-Zahra الزهراء (the splendid one).

https://www.al-islam.org/fatima-the-daughter-of-muhammad-a-brief-biography-yasin-al-jibouri

[ syll. mar-(d)hi-ya, ma-rdh-iya ] The baby girl name Mardhiya is pronounced as MAARD-ihYAH †. Mardhiya's origin is Arabic. The meaning of the name is one who pleases.

Mardhiya is a form of the name Radeyah.

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Mardhiya

7 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Its one of Sayyeda Fatima's (s.a) titles :)

Fatima has nine names/titles: Fatima فاطمة, al-Siddiqa الصديقة (the truthful one), al-Mubaraka المباركة (the blessed one), al-Tahira الطاهرة (the pure one), al-Zakiyya الزكية (the chaste one), al-Radhiayya الرضية (the grateful one), al-Mardhiyya المرضية (the one who shall be pleased [on Judgment Day]), al-Muhaddatha المحدثة (the one, other than the Prophet, to whom an angel speaks) and al-Zahra الزهراء (the splendid one).

https://www.al-islam.org/fatima-the-daughter-of-muhammad-a-brief-biography-yasin-al-jibouri

[ syll. mar-(d)hi-ya, ma-rdh-iya ] The baby girl name Mardhiya is pronounced as MAARD-ihYAH †. Mardhiya's origin is Arabic. The meaning of the name is one who pleases.

Mardhiya is a form of the name Radeyah.

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Mardhiya

Oh wow! I did not know this name, thanks dude!

Salwat bar muhammad wa aale muhammad!

LOL, it's so nice to see all the names I grew up with being suggested in this thread. Congratulations on the birth of a baby girl! May Allah SWT bless you and daughter with a long, healthy, peaceful and faithful life! 

I don't know what to suggest though so I can't be of much help but hopefully you come up with an awesome name for her. All the best! :)

On 10/2/2016 at 3:22 PM, Aabiss_Shakari said:

@hameedeh Not yet sister. Calling her Fatima. Inshallah shall be decided in 2 or 3 days.

Anaya_Fatima

She is so cute and loving. Just two years and eight months old now. Yesterday I went back to home and suddenly she surprised me and the whole family asking "Baba aap kae liyae Pani Laon?" (Father! should I bring a glass of water for you) :)