Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Salati AbdulQadir

Karbala is superior to Haj or Umrah?

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, starlight said:

Imam(a.s) was born in Ka'aba,

as salam alaykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh. Hope you are well.

I read this a lot, and seen in some history books. Hakim Neysaburi spoke about this in Mostadrak, I wonder if there any report in regards to this?

5 hours ago, starlight said:

In the time of jahilliyah , pre islamic era, the Ka'aba was filled with idols, three hundred and sixty according to some narrations. It had become a place of the gravest of sins including Shi'rk. With the prophethood of Mohammad (saw) Hajj became a wajib Ibadah for his Ummah. Ka'aba has been both a place of worship and sin from the time it was first constructed to the culmination to Prophethood. This is simple history, what problem do you have with it? 

i wont have any problem if i knew that Kamil Ziayarah (who took it from al-kafi) talks about Jahaliya while it does not

One should not settle in Mecca, because the people of Mecca openly disbelieve in Allah and the people of Medina are even worse than the people of Mecca. ( pg 157 )

Does the above means that believers should not have settled in Mecca during Jahaliya as people there were disbelievers during that period. While our prophet (saw) along with his Ahl had settled in those places and the prophet (saw) had said that Allah raised him in the best tribe and family in the entire world. While the same people, many of whom were monotheist and from Ismail's progeny lived in Mecca/Medina during and after Jahaliya, how could the place become so bad in comparison to a place like karbala.

from kamil al Ziyarat pg.559  and Tahdhib al-Ahkam vol.6, pg.44 by Sheikh Tusi which makes it even more clear that it was not about Jahaliya.

A person came to Abu ‘Abdallah (as) and said to him “Shall I go to Makkah?” He (as) replied “No, don’t do that, the people of Makkah openly disbelieve in Allah (swt)”. So I said “What about the Prophet’s Mosque (i.e Medina)” and he (as) replied “They are even worse”. So I asked, “Where shall I go then” and he (as) said “Go to Iraq or Kufa”.

Edited by Bukhari8k

The reward of visiting kerbala is way more according to shia traditions, and the land if kerbala is holier still. Yet Hajj is a wajib Act. A wajib act comes before sunnat act. 

I wonder why do Muslims pray the entire year, when the reward of praying on layl latul qadr is that of praying a 1000 months. 83.33 years. 

29 minutes ago, Lordofgemini said:

The reward of visiting kerbala is way more according to shia traditions, and the land if kerbala is holier still. Yet Hajj is a wajib Act. A wajib act comes before sunnat act. 

I wonder why do Muslims pray the entire year, when the reward of praying on layl latul qadr is that of praying a 1000 months. 83.33 years.

The shrine of Muhammad (saw) "in Madinah" certainly makes Madinah more holy

3 minutes ago, Bukhari8k said:

The shrine of Muhammad (saw) "in Madinah" certainly makes Madinah more holy

Kabah is the house of God, makes it more Holy. 

But then again as a Land if traditions say Karbala is more Holy then it is. If it says madinah is then it is. I don't question the word of the prophet. I remember reading kerbala is the holiest land. I might be wrong. 

Anyway that is not even the point. 

I doubt all the narrations in Kamil Zayrah are considered Sahih or authentic, each narration needs to be graded on its own. You can find other narrations in the book which talks about the Ziyarat to Prophet's Mosque etc, the other narration quoted would even contradict this one:

Tradition 5: Imam Sadiq (a.s.) ordered me (the narrator) to pray in the Prophet’s mosque as much as I could. He told me that I would not be able to pray there whenever I wanted to; so I should make most of the opportunity.

Then Imam (a.s.) asked me, “Do you visit the grave of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.)? “Yes,” I replied. Imam (a.s.) said, “Indeed, Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) hears you if you perform his Ziyarat from near and he shall be informed if you perform his Ziyarat from far.” 

Tradition 9: Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) said: On Judgment Day, I will turn away from one who goes to Mecca for Hajj but does not come to Medina for my Ziyarat. It is necessary for one who performs my

Ziyarat to be included in my intercession and Paradise is guaranteed for one who is interceded by me. Then he said: One who dies in one of the two sanctuaries (Mecca or Medina) will not be brought to judgment. He will be counted as one who died while migrating to Allah and will be resurrected with fighters of Badr on Judgment Day. 

Tradition 20: Imam Baqir (a.s.) said: Indeed Ziyarat of the grave of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) is equal to an accepted Hajj performed in the company of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.). 

Tradition 21: Imam Sadiq (a.s.) was asked, “What is the reward of one who performs the Ziyarat of the grave of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.)?”

Imam (a.s.) replied, “He is like one who performs the Ziyarat of Allah on His Throne.”

The narrator asked Imam Sadiq (a.s.) about praying in the Prophet’s mosque. Imam (a.s.) replied: Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) said: A prayer in my mosque equals a thousand prayers elsewhere and a prayer in Masjidul Haram equals a thousand prayers in my mosque.

Imam (a.s.) further said: Indeed, Allah has preferred Mecca to other cities and has preferred specific areas of Mecca over other areas in it, saying, “Take for yourself a place of prayer in the standing-place of Ibrahim”. (Surah Baqarah 2:125)

Allah has also preferred some people over others and in His Book, ordered people to follow and love them. 

http://www.ziaraat.org/books/KamiluzZiaraat.pdf

Same as we can't pick and choose hadiths from other Sunni works (other than the six saheeh sitta), same can be said here.

Regarding the narrations about the "disbelievers" of Mecka and Medina, this has been discussed here:

"The commentary on the hadiths by hadith compilers leans to the understanding that ahadith were pointing to specific groups in specific times. These ahadiths are mentioned in chapters regarding other deviant sects like Murji'ah , Qadryiah etc."

And God knows best.

Edited by The Straight Path

10 minutes ago, Lordofgemini said:

Kabah is the house of God, makes it more Holy. 

But then again as a Land if traditions say Karbala is more Holy then it is. If it says madinah is then it is. I don't question the word of the prophet. I remember reading kerbala is the holiest land. I might be wrong. 

Anyway that is not even the point. 

I don't disagree that Kaaba would be holier than Medinah... but while karbala is holy because of the shrine of Imam Hussein (ra), Medinah has more reasons including the most important one that Prophet's (saw) shrine is there, the ayahs of Quran if were revealed in Layla tul Qadr then the ayahs of Quran were revealed in Medinah too. 

8 minutes ago, Bukhari8k said:

I don't disagree that Kaaba would be holier than Medinah... but while karbala is holy because of the shrine of Imam Hussein (ra), Medinah has more reasons including the most important one that Prophet's (saw) shrine is there, the ayahs of Quran if were revealed in Layla tul Qadr then the ayahs of Quran were revealed in Medinah too. 

the question was reward of sunnah vs that of wajib. Some sunni brothers just cant wrap their head around the reward of ziyaarah being so much, and then why would anyone do hajj. i Just pointed them to something similar that they themselves believe in. To help them understand.

As for a place being Holy, 

Why do we do saee, why are safa and marwa holy?

why is masjid al aqsa holy?

karbla is also one of those important lands where many things happened, like the birth of isa(as) according to shia traditions, 

The place where the leader of all those in paradise was martyred, in order to save islam. All Muslims visit Makkah and Madinah. But Mostly the shias visit Shrine of imam Hussain as. It has become a place which still differentiates truth from falsehood, spreads the message of islam. That could be among the reasons why it is more sawab to visit kerbala.

5 hours ago, The Straight Path said:

I doubt all the narrations in Kamil Zayrah are considered Sahih or authentic, each narration needs to be graded on its own. You can find other narrations in the book which talks about the Ziyarat to Prophet's Mosque etc, the other narration quoted would even contradict this one:

as salam alaykum.

That book been authenticated at least by author,  in the introduction to his book (p4), author ibn Qawlaveyh al-Qummi said:

وقد علمنا أنّا لا نحيط بجميع ما روي عنهم في هذا المعنى ولا في غيره ، لكن ما وقع لنا من جهة الثّقات من أصحابنا ـ رحمهم الله [برحمته] ـ ولا أخرجت فيه حديثاً روي عن الشُّذاذ من الرِّجال

WE REALIZE WE CANNOT COVER ALL THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED FROM THEM (IMAMS) ON THIS SUBJECT [THE SALUTATIONS AT THE SHRINES], NOR ON ANY OTHER ISSUE, EXCEPT THAT WHICH HAS BEEN RELATED TO US BY RELIABLE [TRANSMITTERS] FROM OUR COMPANIONS – MAY Allah FORGIVE THEM BY HIS RAHMAT. I HAVE NOT CITED A TRADITION IN IT [THE BOOK] WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED BY REPORTERS WHO ARE RARELY MENTIONED (SHUDHDHADH).

Like it was stated by Abul Ishak al-Hilli Muhammad as-Sind, ibn Qawlaweyh was great shia marijiah in the begining of gaybatul kubra.

Ayatollah al-Muhajir said: Is there in that book weak hadith? No by Allah, and it is not possible for anybody to bring report from Kamil az-Ziyarat and say: It is weak.

19 hours ago, Abu_Rumaysah said:

as salam alaykum.

That book been authenticated at least by author,  in the introduction to his book (p4), author ibn Qawlaveyh al-Qummi said:

وقد علمنا أنّا لا نحيط بجميع ما روي عنهم في هذا المعنى ولا في غيره ، لكن ما وقع لنا من جهة الثّقات من أصحابنا ـ رحمهم الله [برحمته] ـ ولا أخرجت فيه حديثاً روي عن الشُّذاذ من الرِّجال

WE REALIZE WE CANNOT COVER ALL THAT WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED FROM THEM (IMAMS) ON THIS SUBJECT [THE SALUTATIONS AT THE SHRINES], NOR ON ANY OTHER ISSUE, EXCEPT THAT WHICH HAS BEEN RELATED TO US BY RELIABLE [TRANSMITTERS] FROM OUR COMPANIONS – MAY Allah FORGIVE THEM BY HIS RAHMAT. I HAVE NOT CITED A TRADITION IN IT [THE BOOK] WHICH HAS BEEN TRANSMITTED BY REPORTERS WHO ARE RARELY MENTIONED (SHUDHDHADH).

Like it was stated by Abul Ishak al-Hilli Muhammad as-Sind, ibn Qawlaweyh was great shia marijiah in the begining of gaybatul kubra.

Ayatollah al-Muhajir said: Is there in that book weak hadith? No by Allah, and it is not possible for anybody to bring report from Kamil az-Ziyarat and say: It is weak.

Yep, but again as you could see yourself there are reports not only about Karbala but about how the cities of Medina / Mecka are most "holy" and "chosen" too. No doubt that all the hadiths there can't be authentic, yes the hadiths might be reliable on account of the narrators, but as you know the matn (the text) itself might still be problematic. Those scholars might deem the book 100% authentic, anyhow my point was to show that the book doesn't only contain narrations about the "superiority" of Karbala as some are trying to prove that Shias "believe", but narrations telling us how Allah has chosen / preferred the city of Mecca over others as well.

I contacted the office of Sayyed Fadllallah r.h and they said this:

Wa Alaykum As-Salam Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuhu,
Not all the Hadiths found in it are true; rather different scholars have different opinions about them according to the standards adopted.

Perhaps some more knowledgeable brothers could elaborate more.

And God knows the best 

Wsalam

as salam alaykum my dear brothers and sisters, shias and sunnis.

I personally fully appreciate those shias who think and believe that Mecca is the holiest place. But don't get me wrong, several questions need to be answered.

In Kamil, p 262, report 396: "Whoever visits Husayn knowing his (Husayn's) rights, Allah will forgive him sins that he did long time ago, and those he did recently".

Let us take average, not knowledgable shia. He is not sure if his haj will be accepted and his sins will be forgiven. But he knows from this hadith, that if he will visit Husayn, Allah will forgive him what he did and what he will do. Hope you see my point. 

Same book p 263, Haroon ibn Harijah narrated that he said to imam Abu Abdullah (as): They see that whoever will visit Husayn he will get (reward) of Haj and Umrah. Imam answered: "Whoever visits him knowing his rights, Allah will forgive him what he already did from sins long time ago, and what he did recently".

Just see, Imam isn't rejecting idea that visiting Karbala equals to haj+umrah.

Same book, p 267, Abu Abdullah (as) said: Whoever will come to the grave of Husayn knowing his rights, is like a man who did 3 hajs with prophet (saws).

So what average shia can see here? Going to SA, to wahabies, performing haj with this bunch of nawaseeb. And God knows if it is accepted or not. Instead of this he can go to Karbala and get 3 in one hajs.

See?

Same book p 276, several reports where imam said that visiting Husayn: It is the best from possible deeds

Is there  similar reports from masoomin on haj? 

p 278-279, very interesting report from Abul Hasan ar-Ridha, that said: Whoever visits Abu Abdullah by the banks of the Euphrates, is like a the one who visited Allah UPON HIS THRONE (fawqa arshihi).

I will leave aside fact that Imam said about Allah - Fawqa Arshihi. 

Question is there any report on similar merit of haj?

Whoever will read Kamil az-Ziyarat from the begining till the end, he will clearly see how visiting Karbala is superior to visiting Kaaba in shia reports.

Wa Salam. 

43 minutes ago, Abu_Rumaysah said:

Whoever will read Kamil az-Ziyarat from the begining till the end, he will clearly see how visiting Karbala is superior to visiting Kaaba in shia reports.

Wa Salam. 

Brother it seems you are argumentative, arguing for the sake of arguing. Virtually everyone has agreed with you that Haj is superior to Ziyara. The fact that they havent been been to explain it to you is not because you are right but because noone on here appears to have studied the issues so is unable to answer your points.

It has been explained to me in this way. if you choose to argue away similar to your response in the matam thread then it a reflection of your lack of knowledge.

Haj is a compulsory act. You have to do it . Its part of the Pillars of Islam. If you are Muslim you have to do it.

Its like Salaat. Do you ask Allah for 'extra credit' for reading your daily Salaat. Your 5 daily prayers are compulsory and performing them is considered a minimum. Therefore when considering compulsory acts the 'credit' you get is limited.

So having done all your wajib (compulsory) acts how do you earn extra credit. Extra credit is earned by non-compulsory acts.

So extra charity over and above Zakat , extra Salaat over and above your 5. Extra fasting over and above Ramadhan.

And in this case Ziyarat over and above Haj.

There is an old joke in the UK that relates to this loosely.

When workers from the India/Pakistan first came to the UK they found the concept of time and half for overtime.

The joke being that these workers said they only wanted to work 'overtime' because it earned more. Similarly you cant earn the 'overtime' without earning the 'time'.

Hope this helps. I really havent time to simplify it any further

Edited by A true Sunni

1 hour ago, Abu_Rumaysah said:

as salam alaykum my dear brothers and sisters, shias and sunnis.

I personally fully appreciate those shias who think and believe that Mecca is the holiest place. But don't get me wrong, several questions need to be answered.

In Kamil, p 262, report 396: "Whoever visits Husayn knowing his (Husayn's) rights, Allah will forgive him sins that he did long time ago, and those he did recently".

Let us take average, not knowledgable shia. He is not sure if his haj will be accepted and his sins will be forgiven. But he knows from this hadith, that if he will visit Husayn, Allah will forgive him what he did and what he will do. Hope you see my point. 

Same book p 263, Haroon ibn Harijah narrated that he said to imam Abu Abdullah (as): They see that whoever will visit Husayn he will get (reward) of Haj and Umrah. Imam answered: "Whoever visits him knowing his rights, Allah will forgive him what he already did from sins long time ago, and what he did recently".

Just see, Imam isn't rejecting idea that visiting Karbala equals to haj+umrah.

Same book, p 267, Abu Abdullah (as) said: Whoever will come to the grave of Husayn knowing his rights, is like a man who did 3 hajs with prophet (saws).

So what average shia can see here? Going to SA, to wahabies, performing haj with this bunch of nawaseeb. And God knows if it is accepted or not. Instead of this he can go to Karbala and get 3 in one hajs.

See?

Same book p 276, several reports where imam said that visiting Husayn: It is the best from possible deeds

Is there  similar reports from masoomin on haj? 

p 278-279, very interesting report from Abul Hasan ar-Ridha, that said: Whoever visits Abu Abdullah by the banks of the Euphrates, is like a the one who visited Allah UPON HIS THRONE (fawqa arshihi).

I will leave aside fact that Imam said about Allah - Fawqa Arshihi. 

Question is there any report on similar merit of haj?

Wa Salam. 

Brother, again as I told you earlier, you are just quoting narrations and adding your own interpretation to them. Yes these hadiths are talking about the virtues of doing Ziyarat, in no way does it mean that you can skip Hajj and go to Ziyarat instead or that it's "better" than Hajj. 

For example:

Narrated in Tabarani’s Mu`jam al-Kabir wherein the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) stated, “A prayer in the Masjid al-Haram is akin to a hundred thousand prayers, a prayer in my mosque to a thousand prayers, and a prayer in the Bayt al-Maqdis to five hundred prayers.”

Does this mean that I can skip my prayer at home and just go and pray at Masjid al Haram? I mean c'mon, why pray at home when praying at Masjid al Haram is like praying hundred thousand prayers?

Also, isn't it well known that reading Surah Al-Ikhlas equals to reading 1/3 of the Quran? Does this mean that we should stop reading the whole Quran and just read Surah Al-Ikhlas since the rewards might be the same? 

You see my point?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that exactly those hadiths quoted by you are Sahih or authentic, only Allah SWT knows that. But you can't come to the conclusion that it's believed by every Shia that Ziyarat to Imam Hussain A.S is better because of these hadiths. 

Brother you also said:

"Going to SA, to wahabies, performing haj with this bunch of nawaseeb. And God knows if it is accepted or not. Instead of this he can go to Karbala and get 3 in one hajs."

Doesn't matter if we go with "bunch of wahabis" or not, it's still the house of Allah SWT and an compulsory act for us Shias. We don't go to Hajj for them, we go to Hajj because of Allah SWT. 

Here's some other interesting narrations from the same book:

When Imam Jawad (a.s.) was asked about the reward for one who performs the Ziyarat of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) solely for (the purpose of) Ziyarat, Imam (a.s.) replied, “Paradise.” 

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) ordered me (the narrator) to pray in the Prophet’s mosque as much as I could. He told me that I would not be able to pray there whenever I wanted to; so I should make most of the opportunity.

Then Imam (a.s.) asked me, “Do you visit the grave of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.)? “Yes,” I replied. Imam (a.s.) said, “Indeed, Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) hears you if you perform his Ziyarat from near and he shall be informed if you perform his Ziyarat from far.” 

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said: Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) said: On Judgment Day, I will turn away from one who goes to Mecca for Hajj but does not come to Medina for my Ziyarat. It is necessary for one who performs my Ziyarat to be included in my intercession and Paradise is guaranteed for one who is interceded by me. Then he said: One who dies in one of the two sanctuaries (Mecca or Medina) will not be brought to judgment. He will be counted as one who died while migrating to Allah and will be resurrected with fighters of Badr on Judgment Day. 

Imam Baqir (a.s.) said: Indeed Ziyarat of the grave of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) is equal to an accepted Hajj performed in the company of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.)

Here's a similar narration that you quoted earlier but this time for the Ziyarat of Prophet Muhammad S.A.W:

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) was asked, “What is the reward of one who performs the Ziyarat of the grave of Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.)?” Imam (a.s.) replied, “He is like one who performs the Ziyarat of Allah on His Throne.” 

The narrator asked Imam Sadiq (a.s.) about praying in the Prophet’s mosque. Imam (a.s.) replied: Allah’s Messenger (s.a.w.s.) said: A prayer in my mosque equals a thousand prayers elsewhere and a prayer in Masjidul Haram equals a thousand prayers in my mosque. Imam (a.s.) further said: Indeed, Allah has preferred Mecca to other cities and has preferred specific areas of Mecca over other areas in it, saying, “Take for yourself a place of prayer in the standing-place of Ibrahim”. (Surah Baqarah 2:125) 

http://www.ziaraat.org/books/KamiluzZiaraat.pdf

Here's some hadiths for performing Hajj:

عَنِ النَّـبِيِ ّ(ص) أَنَّهُ قَالَ: مَنْ طَافَ بِهٌذَا الْبَيْتِ إِسْـبُوعاً وَ أَحْسَنَ صَلاَةَ رَكْعَتَيْهِ غُفِرَ لَهُ.

The Noble Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said, “A person who circumambulates this House (the Ka’bah) seven times and performs the two Rak’at Salat (of Tawaaf) in the best form possible will have his sins forgiven.”

Biharul Anwar, Volume 96, Page 49

https://www.al-islam.org/forty-ahadith-on-hajj-mahmud-mahdipur/1-importance-hajj

Imam Baqir (as) said:

الحَجُّ والعُمرَةُ سوقَانِ من أسواقِ الآخِرَةِ؛ اللازِمُ لهُما مِن أضْيافِ اللهِ تعالى. إِنْ أبقَاهُ، أبقاهُ وَلا ذَنبَ لهُ، وإنْ أَماتَهُ، أَدخَلَهُ الجَنّةَ.

“Hajj and Umrah are two markets of the Hereafter. Those who enter into them are Allah’s guests. If Allah preserves his guest’s life, he will live free from sins and if He makes him die, he will be admitted into Paradise.

Imam Sadiq (as) said:

مَن نظَرَ الى الكَعبَةِ لم يَزَلْ تُكتَبُ لهُ حَسَنَةٌ وتُمحَى عنهُ سَيِّئَةٌ حَتّى يَنصَرفَ بَبَصَرِهِ عنهَا

“Whoever looks at the Kaaba, rewards are written for him and his wrongdoings are written off until he takes his look away from it.”

Imam Sadiq (as) says:

إِنَّ للهِ تعَالى حَولَ الكَعبَةِ عِشرينَ ومِائَةَ رَحمَةً؛ منها سِتُّونَ للطّائِفِينَ وأَربَعونَ لِلمُصَلّينَ وعِشرونَ للنّاظِرينَ.

“Allah sends down one hundred and twenty blessings in the precinct of the Kaaba; sixty for those who circumambulate, forty for those who worship, and twenty for those who look at it.”

قَدِمَ رجُلٌ على أبي الحسَن (الإمام الكاظِم) عليه السلام فقال: قَدِمتَ حَاجاً؟ 

قال: نعم.

فقال: تدري ما للحَاجِّ؟ 

قال: لا. 

قال: مَن قدِمَ حَاجّاً وطافَ بالبَيتِ وصَلّى رَكْعتَينِ كَتَبَ اللهُ لهُ سَبعين ألفَ حسنةً ومحَا عنهُ سَبعين ألفَ سيّئةً ورفعَ لهُ سَبعينَ ألفَ دَرَجَةً وشَفَّعَهُ في سَبعينَ ألفَ أهل بيتٍ وقضَى لهُ سَبعين ألف حاجةً وكتب له عِتقَ سبعين ألفَ رقبةً قيمةُ كلِّ رقبةٍ عَشَرَةُ آلاف دِرهَم.

A man came to Imam Kazim (as):
‘Are going on Hajj?’ the Imam asked.
‘Yes,’ said the man.
‘Do you know the rewards of Hajj?’ asked the Imam.
‘No,’ answered the man.
Then the Imam said:

‘Whoever comes to Mecca, circumambulates the Kaaba, and performs two Rak’at of prayer, Allah will write seventy thousand rewards for him and write off seventy thousand of his wrongdoings, elevate him seventh thousand scales, accept his intercession for seventy thousand families, fulfill seventy thousand of his needs, and write for him the reward of setting free seventy thousand slaves worth ten thousand dirhams each.

Imam ‘Ali (as) says:

فَرضَ اللهُ ... والحَجَّ تقوِيةً للدِّينِ.

“Allah has made obligatory upon you… the pilgrimage (Hajj), for it consolidates faith.”

Imam Sadiq (as) says:

مَن مَاتَ وَلم يحِجَّ حِجَّةَ الإسلامِ؛ لم يمْنَعْهُ مِن ذَلِك حاجَةٌ تُجحِفُ بهِ أَو مَرضٌ لا يُطيقُ فيهِ الحَجَّ أَو سُلطانٌ يمنعُهُ فَلْيمُتْ يَهودِيّاً أو نَصرانِياً.

“He who dies before he performs the obligatory Hajj while he was not too needy, too ill, or too persecuted to perform it will die as non-Muslim (i.e. Jewish or Christian).”

Imam Sadiq A.S said:

لو عَطَّلَ النّاسُ الحَجَّ لَوَجَبَ على الإمَامِ أَنْ يُجبِرَهُم عَلى الحَجِّ، إِنْ شاءُوا وإِن أَبَوا، فَإنَّ هذا البَيتَ وُضِعَ لِلحَجِّ.

“If people ignore Hajj, it is incumbent upon the statesmen to encourage people to go on it whether they are willing or unwilling, for the House has been made for pilgrimage.”2536

لَو أَنّ النّاسَ تَرَكُوا الحَجَّ لَكانَ علَى الوالِي أَنْ يجبِرَهُم على ذَلك… فَإِنْ لم يكُن لهم أموالٌ أَنفَقَ عليهِم من بيتِ مَالِ الُمسلِمينَ.

If people neglect Hajj, it becomes obligatory upon the leaders to force them to perform it… and if they need money to go on Hajj, the leaders will be required to supply them with such money from the public treasury.”2637

لو تَركَ النّاسُ الحَجَّ لَما نوظِروا العذابَ (أو قال: أُنزِلَ عليهِمُ العَذابُ

“If people quit Hajj, they will be given no respite from punishment.”2738

... قال: قلتُ لأبي عبدِاللهِ عليه السلامُ أنَّ أُناساً مِن هَؤلاءِ القُصّاصِ يقُولونَ إِذا حَجَّ رَجُلٌ ثُم تصَدّقَ ووصَلَ كانَ خَيراً لهُ، فقَال: كَذِبوا، لو فَعَل هذا النّاسُ لَعُطِّلَ هذا البيتُ. إنّ اللهَ عزَّ وجَلَّ جعَلَ هذا البيتَ قِياماً للنّاسِ.

… I said to Imam Sadiq (as) that some jurisprudents remark that if a man performs the Hajj rites once, he would better give charity instead of going on Hajj again. The Imam (as) commented:

They are lying, for if they do so, the Kaaba will be forsaken whereas Allah has made this House maintenance for people.

https://www.al-islam.org/hajj-the-islamic-pilgrimage-sayyid-mohammed-zia-abadi/social-effects-hajj#why-difference-reward

Wsalam

Edited by The Straight Path

15 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Kaaba - the house of Allah
karbala - the house of the servant of Allah

is the servant greater, or his master?

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alkum.

The Master is Great.  Allah Akbar.

Imam Mahdi will reappear in Ka3aba in front of the whole world. 

Ya Sahab az Zaman

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah