Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
DigitalUmmah

Mallangs - Time to bury the hatchet

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I started this thread looking for a truce, got nothing but grief. so far no one has just said "you know what, despite our differences, you guys are our brothers, we love you"

If you want a truce first you must prove your sincerity. After I read this post all I read was a very clumsily veiled attack on people calling them jealous, corrupt, inadequate.

To try and legitimise your attack you made a 5 line statement about possible drug abuse amongst Malangs and cursing Agha Khameni. If you compare that to several paragraphs of denigrating people on the other side, its hardly an olive branch 

Edited by A true Sunni

57 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I started this thread looking for a truce, got nothing but grief. so far no one has just said "you know what, despite our differences, you guys are our brothers, we love you"

To be honest, I didn't even know there was such hatred for malangs until I posted the other malang topic.

You know I don't and I am sure you don't go walking around hating on all the shias who don't do matam or trivialize azadari. I guess Imam Hussain is their property.  

18 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

You know I don't and I am sure you don't go walking around hating on all the shias who don't do matam or trivialize azadari. I guess Imam Hussain is their property

I dont hate them at all. I just wish they put as much effort into unity with other shia as they did with bakris. who has more right over them? shia or bakri?

4 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

fun fact - yazeed la'een got fatwas from the "scholars" in his court to persecute Imam Hussain (as)

#Rationalism 

What does that have to do with rational beliefs?

Its actually the complete opposite. Please dont attack rationalism by associating megalomaniac's actions with them. 

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I think the issue is, some appear to be saying that rationalism is wrong and lets just follow emotions.

What we find in Islam and the teaching of the Ahl Bayt AS is the opposite. 

If mallangism is following emotions at the expense of rational thought, then your not going to get much sympathy on a shia forum. 

The problem I have with malangs is that recently they have started mentioning things like 'the enemies of Ahlulbayt are ugly, they are black, they are poor, they are unsuccessful and they are unpopular'. It has been happening at my local imam bargah and if you protest then that means you have a problem with saying bad things about enemies of Ahlulbayt. You must be a Sunni. The problem is they are clearly promoting racism, and discrimination against all the weak people and they are promoting wrong values. They are using the cursing of enemies of Ahlulbayt as a cover. It's so hard sometimes to sit and listen to these zakirs because of a the racist comments they make. 

:bismillah:

:salam:

There is nothing more beautiful or more important than a shia.

Next comes a muhibb. Full stop

A malang is a borrowed terminology like a sufi. It is like trying to create a confused class within the shias.

BTW you are all my brothers and the aim of these forums is to help each other from our misguided views and beliefs.

The term Malang is definitely divisive as it introduces another class within us, and we are all Azadars but the term we use for us generally is Muhibb. A Shia is a very high level and stage.

:ws:

1 minute ago, rkazmi33 said:

The problem I have with malangs is that recently they have started mentioning things like 'the enemies of Ahlulbayt are ugly, they are black, they are poor, they are unsuccessful and they are unpopular'. It has been happening at my local imam bargah and if you protest then that means you have a problem with saying bad things about enemies of Ahlulbayt. You must be a Sunni. The problem is they are clearly promoting racism, and discrimination against all the weak people and they are promoting wrong values. They are using the cursing of enemies of Ahlulbayt as a cover. It's so hard sometimes to sit and listen to these zakirs because of a the racist comments they make. 

do they mean black, as in racist, or black as in

[3.106] On the day when (some) faces shall turn white and (some) faces shall turn black; then as to those whose faces turn black: Did you disbelieve after your believing? Taste therefore the chastisement because you disbelieved.

the enemies of the Ahlulbayt ARE ugly etc. take a look at basically all of aal e saud

6 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

do they mean black, as in racist, or black as in

[3.106] On the day when (some) faces shall turn white and (some) faces shall turn black; then as to those whose faces turn black: Did you disbelieve after your believing? Taste therefore the chastisement because you disbelieved.

the enemies of the Ahlulbayt ARE ugly etc. take a look at basically all of aal e saud

Quran is talking about the Day of Judgement. It doesn't mean we start passing judgement that all black and ugly people are munafiqs or not pious. Are all Shias beautiful and all Wahhabis ugly? Actors and celebrities are the most beautiful people on earth. Are they most pious? After listening to these zakirs, I get this message: if you are black, ugly, poor, unsuccessful or basically have any weakness, then there must be something wrong with your faith and you must fix it. I mean they can say that enemies of Ahlulbayt are liars, cruel, promiscuous, psychos, dishonest, why so much emphasis on black? 

10 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

ugh. thats so dissapointing. its that backwards attiutude that black = ugly and white = beauty. Im pretty sure its not exclusive to mallangs though

I am glad you don't share their racist views. When a zakir makes these statements, it's the malangs who get excited and go crazy with wah wahs. 

10 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

ugh. thats so dissapointing. its that backwards attiutude that black = ugly and white = beauty. Im pretty sure its not exclusive to mallangs though

hold it, this is blasphemy against the malangs. Did you just call the most respectable member of the group backwards, or is the most respected member the meat cleaver(toaka) back slasher and the unashamed pronouncements of it?

1 minute ago, rkazmi33 said:

I am glad you don't share their racist views. When a zakir makes these statements, it's the malangs who get excited and go crazy with wah wahs. 

I've spent literally 1/3rd of my life teaching violent extremists of all faiths and races to not be racist man. I am no racist.

racism is linked to de-humanisation. de-humanisation is linked to opression. once you stop seeing others as human beings, and instead as labels "dirty foreigners", "immigrants", "ugly monkeys" etc when you see their suffering, you do not see a human suffering, your brains reaction is the same as looking at a bug or a spider being crushed - this was actually proven using MRI scans.

are you from UK? are any of these on youtube? can I see? I want to see if I know any of these racist types

3 minutes ago, haideriam said:

hold it, this is blasphemy against the malangs. Did you just call the most respectable member of the group backwards, or is the most respected member the meat cleaver(toaka) back slasher and the unashamed pronouncements of it?

did you just bash your keyboard with your forehead, and then press "submit reply"?

2 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

did you just bash your keyboard with your forehead, and then press "submit reply"?

is the thread titled, time to bury the hatchet....don't expose yourself and your intentions too quickly.

Did you really mean that? At least your action is proving to the contrary.

Just now, haideriam said:

is the thread titled, time to bury the hatchet....don't expose yourself and your intentions too quickly.

Did you really mean that? At least your action is proving to the contrary.

What are my intentions?

Just now, DigitalUmmah said:

What are my intentions?

Honestly this is so sad.

I called SajjadRizvi a simple brother for a reason, he does not try to play with words or play lingual gymnastics with them. 

14 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I asked you a question.

Let me answer it for you .

5 lines discussing whats wrong with malangs . Over 5 paragraphs denigrating others for being corrupt greedy jealous insecure.

You tell me what your intentions were

Edited by A true Sunni

7 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I asked you a question.

Not here to spoon feed either. The good thing is we both know why you said what you said.

" did you just bash your keyboard with your forehead, and then press "submit reply"? "

Like I said we do not need this probably faked borrowed terminology from the Ummayads.

It further subdivides us into the Brahmins and the Sudras, without there being a basis for it.

13 minutes ago, haideriam said:

Like I said we do not need this probably faked borrowed terminology from the Ummayads.

It further subdivides us into the Brahmins and the Sudras, without there being a basis for it.

18 minutes ago, haideriam said:

Not here to spoon feed either. The good thing is we both know why you said what you said.

" did you just bash your keyboard with your forehead, and then press "submit reply"? "

I asked you a question. 

5 minutes ago, haideriam said:

Not here to teach comprehension either, 

this is turning into a case of tantrums 

mummy I want my dummy.

So So Sad.

From your pathetic, cowardly attempts to avoid standing by your words like a man, I suggest you leave this thread with what little dignity you have left. 

1 minute ago, DigitalUmmah said:

From your pathetic, cowardly attempts to avoid standing by your words like a man, I suggest you leave this thread with what little dignity you have left. 

53 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

the good thing is that what you wrote above was because WE both know the reason why. 

At least give me that I do not cry and report on my brothers even though I might need to shake them from time to time from their slumber.

Truly cowards seek the refuge of words and lingual trickery and hurling abuse. 

So So Sad.

1 minute ago, haideriam said:

the good thing is that what you wrote above was because WE both know the reason why. 

I have no idea what you are talking about. 

Go away. I tried to make a thread to find & develop common ground and suprise suprise within a few hours you and the sunni suddenly pop up out of nowhere like a sudden outbreak of herpes to try and divert/ lock the thread.

I wont engage with either of you. I wont allow you to continue derailing this thread. 

Just now, DigitalUmmah said:

Go away. I tried to make a thread to find & develop common ground and suprise suprise within a few hours you and the sunni suddenly pop up out of nowhere like a sudden outbreak of herpes to try and divert/ lock the thread.

I wont engage with either of you. I wont allow you to continue derailing this thread. 

Anyway your words are most kind and common ground is found from respect and not one up man ship. 

It is beyond the scope of the Ummayad borrowed terminology gratifiers to seek common ground. 

How can  false terminology borrowers and meat cleaver(toaka) unashamed pronouncers ever be inclined to the Haq.

Done with you for the day.

Ill just act like I didnt read the above post.

What exactly is the...plan, that you are suggesting DU?  I can see you suggesting a sort of resolution between people of different mindsets, but I do not see a specific topic in mind.

For example, you said " thirdly, when discussing issues, discuss the issues themselves, not the people. its just wrong to say "YOU mallangs are X" "

Why not make a topic on a particular issue, and discuss it in a peaceful way, rather than a topic saying how people should discuss things in a peaceful way.

Some of the material in your OP could be an introduction to certain topics, but the OP itself is somewhat broad and doesnt clarify on a specific issue could use resolution.

Edited by iCambrian

38 minutes ago, haideriam said:

At least give me that I do not cry and report on my brothers even though I might need to shake them from time to time from their slumber.

You need to reconsider this.

Brother @DigitalUmmah - a word of advice - let it go, please don't ruin such a nice topic which you yourself started.

Here's my observation:

True Momins: Going back to your Malang description in your first post, I can tell from my experience that my parents have always called themselves malangs and I've seldom seen them even missing their sala ul layl. They both are devout Shia of India/Pak origin, never miss any of their wajibat, and go total crazy when it comes Muharram like going barefoot, wearing black all the 10 weeks, no tv, no sweets even if they are given out as majlis afterfood, not even eating meat throughout, silver chain in hands and ankles, I mean everything. Back home, they even own a horse which they decorate as zuljanah (imitation horse of Imam AS) and bring out in Ashura and Arbaeen juloos. They are in taqleed of Sayed Seestani but in honor of Sayed Khamenei's opinion my father had quit doing tatbeer. But they still call themselves MALANG. If this is Malang, I take it this is the faith and devotion of a good Shia who observe rituals of azadari even though I still do not agree with the title. I consider these people "Mukhtaris" after Ameer Mukhtar among the Shias.

Munafiq Malangs: Sorry if I had to stoop so low but I've personally observed another kind which is only happy in doing matam, they don't even sit in the lecture part of the majlis, infact stand out there smoke whatever while majlis is going inside, cut their backs and heads when it comes on Ashura, are fond of eating haleem and halwa, don't know or care about Sharia rules or furuu of deen, have no fondness of daily 3x salat, are way into noha and marisiya poetry, the religious songs and take poetry as sacred text of their religion, have famous noha singers as their demigods, and when asked, call themselves Malangs. These people are politics averse and strongly believe that politics is not the part of Islam. Most of these are also rabidly anti-ulema and anti marja'. I despise these kinds. One such in our family in fact forces his wife and sister to not take hijab because he doesn't care about all this, but also is a well known zakir of his community. I consider these people Kufis among the Shias.

Unfortunately, in Pak / India, we encounter the 2nd kind more than the first kind which makes them a derogatory group among any observant Shia. And since these lazy Shia are in huge numbers, they tend to take the mantle of representation of Malangs hence the malang name is ridiculed. 

As far as naming self or anybody Malang, my take is why invent one when Allah swt has adorned us with many beautiful names in Quran already. I remember growing up in Pak-India, I used to hear Shia calling themselves Momins and that is it. Malang term associated with Shia seem to be a more recent phenomenon and needs to be discouraged.  

Word about Unity: From my observation, if these so called Malangs start caring about Shia ummah in general and start following marjaiya along with the observation of the rules of Sharia, these people will become the best of the Shia Muslims out there. Their observation of rituals of azadari, I could only envy because Islam indeed needs such fervor as long as their is no nafaq.

Test in Case: None of those 60 to 70 thousand Shias currently defending the honor, sacred graveyards and masajid of Islam in Iraq and Syria, none of those thousands who repelled the cancer, came from the group called Malangs. In other words, when the time came to crush the head of taghoot (the global mafia) in Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq, those who follow marjayia, who observe their deen truly, who are labelled anti-tatbeer, wali e faqihee came out and bestowed the honor to us Shias with their blood while their wives being widowed and kids being orphaned. Where did the Indo-Pak Malangs ran off when the call came to defend? Where are they in Pakistan, its been 86 days that Molana Nasir Abbas is sitting in protest for Shia killings? 

My apologies for the long post.

5 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Stop posting threads and I will stop posting on them. You ask others not to make sweeping generalisations about Malangs but then do the same yourself.

Maulanas who speak out against Malangs are corrupt and Jealous

Ordinairy people are insecure and nasty

This wasnt a post about olive branches this post was about bashing those who are anti malangs.

5 hours ago, starlight said:

You need to reconsider this.

Pray why would that be. Have I ever reported a brother to you in the first instance. I have used quotes at a later stage to defend myself. 

Starlight you should try and stay away from these topics or be only a participant in them as in my view you have a bias for Malangs and DU.

3 hours ago, haideriam said:

Pray why would that be. Have I ever reported a brother to you in the first instance. I have used quotes at a later stage to defend myself. 

As a long time member you must be aware that on SC you never report to a moderator, you just report. 

3 hours ago, haideriam said:

Starlight you should try and stay away from these topics or be only a participant in them as in my view you have a bias for Malangs and DU

As long as a moderator does not break any site rules or moderating rules he/she is free to post wherever he/she wants.