Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

The Official SC Ziyarat 2016 Thread

Rate this topic

• Development Team

Salaam Brothers and Sisters,

With all your prayers and well wishes Insha Allah, I'm going for Ziyarat next week to Iran and then Iraq (Arbaeen walk). I'm gonna join the elite list of people who visited heaven in their lifetime.

On 11/2/2016 at 6:17 AM, zainabamy said:

10 days to go...

I swear to Allah (swt) that I am without care for all things except the wish to be beside my masters (as)

:cryhappy:

Not even a week for me. Palpitations!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as) alhamdulillah I am going to karbala again InshaAllah for Ashura 2016. I think it would be a good idea for all shiachatters w

My dear brothers and sisters, The day is nearly upon me as tomorrow inshallah I will depart to go to heaven on earth. I promise with all my heart that you will be in my duas and I will pass

Posted Images

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

With all your prayers and well wishes Insha Allah, I'm going for Ziyarat next week to Iran and then Iraq (Arbaeen walk). I'm gonna join the elite list of people who visited heaven in their lifetime.

Not even a week for me. Palpitations!

Mashallah !  May Allah accept your ziyaraats. Please pray for us while you are there.

24 minutes ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Say my name in front of the Zari of my Imam Raza (as), ask him what sin I have committed that he does not want me to visit him

On 10/28/2016 at 3:51 PM, zainabamy said:

Alhamdulilah for my mother, she's kitted me out with every sort of wet wipe, tissue and medication for the trip. Though saying that from the posts above I think I might need more.

May Allah azwj bless you in your ziyarah, please keep us all in your duas!

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, zainabamy said:

Inshallah I've written everyone's names down in my diary so I don't forget :) 

dont forget me sister. :) 

If you are walking from Najaf to Karbala - I guarantee you will not find a better demonstration of humanity and love of Hussain (as) anywhere else in the world.

• Forum Administrators
3 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Must read for every Zaer.

Kamiluz Ziyaraat

Thank you for the link to Kamiluz Ziyaraat (Merits and method of visiting holy tombs). Please remember all of us at ShiaChat (members and guests) when you go on Ziyarat to Iran and Iraq. 

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, zainabamy said:

Sister, please remember all of us at ShiaChat. May Allah SWT accept your Ziyarat on Arba'een. 

21 hours ago, zainabamy said:

and so, you will walk from heaven to heaven. 

walk, for yourself when each step is worth 70 hajj
walk, for those of us left behind
walk, for those who died yearning to walk
walk, for those who sacrificed their limbs and their children to be given permission to visit Hussain (as)
walk, for the fulfilling of all of your prayers
walk, for your loved ones you carry in your heart, who will see through your eyes

walk, and remember while the world walks to Hussain (as), his sister is left alone. 

32 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

My dear brothers and sisters,

The day is nearly upon me as tomorrow inshallah I will depart to go to heaven on earth.

I promise with all my heart that you will be in my duas and I will pass on your salams to the Holy Imams inshallah. If any of you have any special requests that you would like to ask me, please message me by tonight and I will include you in my diary.

If it is written that I will die in this Holy Land, I beg you to pray for my wretched soul and to judge my life kindly. Thank you all for your support, your laughter and your generosity. And please forgive me for my many faults.

Inshallah there will be wifi in the hotel so I should be able to stay in touch.

Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa Ahli Muhammad wa Ajil Faraja Hum!

don't forget to vlog everything! its always better to record too much and cut down, then record less and not show the full picture

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, zainabamy said:

My dear brothers and sisters,

The day is nearly upon me as tomorrow inshallah I will depart to go to heaven on earth.

I promise with all my heart that you will be in my duas and I will pass on your salams to the Holy Imams inshallah. If any of you have any special requests that you would like to ask me, please message me by tonight and I will include you in my diary.

If it is written that I will die in this Holy Land, I beg you to pray for my wretched soul and to judge my life kindly. Thank you all for your support, your laughter and your generosity. And please forgive me for my many faults.

Inshallah there will be wifi in the hotel so I should be able to stay in touch.

Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa Ahli Muhammad wa Ajil Faraja Hum!

Safe journey dear sis. I so wish I was going as well :( it truly IS heaven on earth. Keep us posted please! 

• Forum Administrators

@zainabamy MashAllah. Thank you for sharing your ziyarat with us. Alhamdulillah. 

• Advanced Member

Friday 18th November - 6:20am - Karbala

I can't get back to sleep so I thought I would update my diary. I'm dying to go to the Haram this morning to watch the sun rise but at the same time my feet are killing me and I'm conscious that we're going to be really busy tomorrow. Inshallah we'll be heading to Samarrah and Kazmayn at 4am and we won't get back to Karbala until just after midnight!

Last night I had my first bad experience while here. I visited the Harams again and had the urge to go inside Hazrat Abbas' (as) shrine. Wallah I was so close but the guard stopped me. I asked why and he wouldn't give me a reason so I shrugged my shoulders and tried to get in another way. I was so so close, I could even see the zarih but I was stopped again. The guard told me to go back to where I had just come so I explained what had happened and he just pushed me away! I got so mad I had to turn away before doing something I regretted. I sat at the entrance and complained to Abbas (as) that I wanted to come inside but decided I would just stay here. People make a big deal of going and being next to zarih and as much as I would love to, it is just an intense blessing just sitting next to the outside of the shrine. 

Hhhmmm I feel like I am being called this morning, I think I may need to get dressed and go. Pain is temporary but beauty is forever. 

6 hours ago, zainabamy said:

I was so close but the guard stopped me. I asked why and he wouldn't give me a reason so I shrugged my shoulders and tried to get in another way. I was so so close, I could even see the zarih but I was stopped again. The guard told me to go back to where I had just come so I explained what had happened and he just pushed me away!

what the hell????? 

sometimes they stop allowing people in to the haram if it gets too full and they need people to leave before more can enter, but a man pushing a woman is absolutely outrageous!!!

• Veteran Member

@zainabamy I just got the chance the chance to read all your Ziyarah posts. I am overwhelmed with emotions, thank you so much for taking the time to post and share your experience with us, it brought back so many memories of my ziyarah last month. Please continue to post and update us! 

• Advanced Member

Friday 18th November - 6:38pm - Karbala

I was given a special gift toady. I walked next to Hazrat Abbas (as) and Imam Hussain (as) and as I turned a corner I noticed a small blue dome and as I got closer I saw the words 'Assalamu alayki ya Zainab al Kubra' (sa). I choked back my tears, the other day I asked Imam Hussain (as) for his permission to one day visit his sisters and daughter and it was as if that dua had been accepted. I cried and cried looking at the daughter of Zahra (sa), the first member of Ahlulbayt (as) I ever cried over. The lady who gave away her entire family for Allah (swt) and then picked up a sword to defend Ahlulbayt (as). After that she was dragged in chains in scorching heat with her face uncovered and yet when Ibn Ziyad (la) asked how she felt, she said that she had seen nothing but beauty. I raised my hands in dua and remembered Syria, I begged Allah (swt) to destroy Daesh (la) and take us back to Lady Zainab (sa) so that she will no longer be lonely. 

This afternoon we had a majalis by Sheikh Muhammad al Hilli, may Allah (swt) bless his soul and he discussed Dua Faraj. Wallah he gave some incredible examples of the importance of Waliyah. He told us the story of a Shi'a scholar and a Sunni scholar who were at the Kaaba. They agreed that they would say that the Sahabah are greater than Ahlulbayt (as). The Shi'a scholar said ok then we have to change the salah because in salah we say Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa Ahli Muhammad. The Sunni said no we cannot change the salah it will invalidate it. The Shi'a then said so if you say in your prayers that Ahlulbayt (as) are greater than the Sahabah then why do you do the opposite when you are not praying!? Subhanallah!

In addition, a Shi'a visited a Sunni who owned a shop. The Shi'a said let us have a debate here but the Sunni said he couldn't because he had nobody to look after the shop. The Shi'a than said if you are that worried about someone looking after your shop then why didn't the Prophet (sawa) care about who would take care about his Ummah after him!?

It is the greatest honour to beat my chest for Aba Abdullah (as). I feel sorry for the people who will never strike their chest for him. May Allah (swt) grant you all the chance to do matam in Karbala. 

After that we had a sister's workshop and I've come out with so many ideas for amaal. Inshallah in another post I will discuss some of the things that are recommended. We were told to look at ourselves in the highest esteem as we are the zawaar of Imam Hussain (as). This thought really struck me as I am awful at putting myself down and yet I completely ignore the fact that Allah (swt) has used me in so many positive ways. How can we have low self-esteem when Allah (swt) has made us Muslims and Shi'a of Imam Ameerulmumineen (as)?

Turns out we aren't going to Samarrah and Kazmayn tomorrow as the roads are too crazy, inshallah we'll be going on 24th. I really hope so, I would be gutted if we didn't get to go. 

About to go for dinner now. Inshallah we have a lecture with Sayed Ammar tonight and I might head to the Harams again afterwards.

• Veteran Member
1 hour ago, zainabamy said:

Friday 18th November - 6:38pm - Karbala

I was given a special gift toady. I walked next to Hazrat Abbas (as) and Imam Hussain (as) and as I turned a corner I noticed a small blue dome and as I got closer I saw the words 'Assalamu alayki ya Zainab al Kubra' (sa). I choked back my tears, the other day I asked Imam Hussain (as) for his permission to one day visit his sisters and daughter and it was as if that dua had been accepted. I cried and cried looking at the daughter of Zahra (sa), the first member of Ahlulbayt (as) I ever cried over. The lady who gave away her entire family for Allah (swt) and then picked up a sword to defend Ahlulbayt (as). After that she was dragged in chains in scorching heat with her face uncovered and yet when Ibn Ziyad (la) asked how she felt, she said that she had seen nothing but beauty. I raised my hands in dua and remembered Syria, I begged Allah (swt) to destroy Daesh (la) and take us back to Lady Zainab (sa) so that she will no longer be lonely. 

This afternoon we had a majalis by Sheikh Muhammad al Hilli, may Allah (swt) bless his soul and he discussed Dua Faraj. Wallah he gave some incredible examples of the importance of Waliyah. He told us the story of a Shi'a scholar and a Sunni scholar who were at the Kaaba. They agreed that they would say that the Sahabah are greater than Ahlulbayt (as). The Shi'a scholar said ok then we have to change the salah because in salah we say Allahumma salli ala Muhammad wa Ahli Muhammad. The Sunni said no we cannot change the salah it will invalidate it. The Shi'a then said so if you say in your prayers that Ahlulbayt (as) are greater than the Sahabah then why do you do the opposite when you are not praying!? Subhanallah!

In addition, a Shi'a visited a Sunni who owned a shop. The Shi'a said let us have a debate here but the Sunni said he couldn't because he had nobody to look after the shop. The Shi'a than said if you are that worried about someone looking after your shop then why didn't the Prophet (sawa) care about who would take care about his Ummah after him!?

It is the greatest honour to beat my chest for Aba Abdullah (as). I feel sorry for the people who will never strike their chest for him. May Allah (swt) grant you all the chance to do matam in Karbala. 

After that we had a sister's workshop and I've come out with so many ideas for amaal. Inshallah in another post I will discuss some of the things that are recommended. We were told to look at ourselves in the highest esteem as we are the zawaar of Imam Hussain (as). This thought really struck me as I am awful at putting myself down and yet I completely ignore the fact that Allah (swt) has used me in so many positive ways. How can we have low self-esteem when Allah (swt) has made us Muslims and Shi'a of Imam Ameerulmumineen (as)?

Turns out we aren't going to Samarrah and Kazmayn tomorrow as the roads are too crazy, inshallah we'll be going on 24th. I really hope so, I would be gutted if we didn't get to go. 

About to go for dinner now. Inshallah we have a lecture with Sayed Ammar tonight and I might head to the Harams again afterwards.

The importance and greatness of zawar is often missed or trivialized by us but their status and your status is lofty beyond comparison.

Ziarah qabool inshallah.

• Advanced Member

Saturday 19th November - 01:30am - Karbala

Just got into bed after the evening majalis. Sayed Ammar talked about the incident of the attack on Bibi Fatima's (sa) house and it broke me. This whole experience is so emotionally tiring, one minute I'm crying with happiness because I'm at the Haram and the next doing Matam for Aba Abdullah (as), would I change it for the world? Not at all!

Saturday 19th November - 23:00am - Karbala

After listening to Sheikh Hilli's majalis this afternoon, my roomates and I headed to Hazrat Abbas' (as) shrine and we finally got to go inside alhamdulilah. Wallah its like entering a whole new perfect world. The walls literally glitter back at you and the air is tranquil despite the crowds. I wish I could have got photos, security was so thorough with checking us so I couldn't sneak my phone in. We found a spot and preformed our prayers before I sat to talk to Abbas (as). For a while I just sat reflecting and wondering how he did all the things that he did. He could have been forgiven for drinking the water of Furaat and yet he was selfless in the face of hardship. I thought how can I serve Imam Zamaan (af) when I'm not even a percent of what he was? I looked around at the many faces around me and felt awful that our Imam didn't have the followers he needed when there were millions of us alone in Karbala right this moment. I asked Abbas (as) to pray for me, that Allah (swt) would help me to be like him, even if it was only a little bit like him.

While we were inside we met an Iraqi girl who was there with her family. Wallah they were some of the most beautiful individuals I had met on this trip. The girl was the only one who could speak English so she translated for us and when I told these ladies I was a revert, they began to cry and held up their hands saying alhamdulilah. This brought tears to my eyes too. Wallah they loved Ahlulbayt (as) so much, I could see it in their eyes, their lips and their bodies. Leaving them and the shrine was so hard. Being on Ziyarat really opens your eyes to how many people love this faith. People from all over the world and from different backgrounds, all there because they love Hussain (as). My dear brothers and sisters reading this, please remember the Ummah in your duas, especially the Iraqi people.

After Sayed Ammar's lecture tonight I was a complete mess. I was grieving for the tragedy of Ahlulbayt (as) and so caught up in my own personal fears not to mention completely exhausted. While I have been here I have really had to fight Shaytaan (la) because he has been trying to poison my mind and make me despair of Allah's (swt) mercy. When I think of how many people have hurt me in my life and got away with doing it, it kills me. I long for justice and sometimes fear I will never get it. Especially when it comes to a Shia who has hurt me. But tonight I sought some advice and realised that it doesn't matter what these people do, they can do 10000000000 ziyarats and yet if they have oppressed someone they will not be forgiven as long as that person is hurt by them. I know of people so arrogant, thinking they can do whatever they want all year round but its ok because they walk to Karbala during Arbaeen. No! Of course it doesn't work like that. May Allah (swt) protect us all from hypocrisy.

And finally tonight I had the best seat in all of Karbala. I was sat on a pavement, in front of me was Imam Hussain (as) and on my right was Sayyeda Zainab (sa). I felt as if everything was going to be ok, that all I needed to do was be patient and that Allah (swt) would give me all I dreamed of and more. 

• Advanced Member

Monday 21st November - 02:58am - Karbala

Arbaeen has come and gone and its beginning to get quieter. In the afternoon we heard the maqtal of Imam Hussain (as) and in the evening the majalis was on the topic of Dua Makarim al Akhlaq. I can't believe I haven't got around to reciting this dua yet, its completely phenomenal, but that's the thing about Ahle Muhammad (sawa), they never stop filling you with awe. My heart has always had a fondness for Imam Sajjad (as) because of our shared love of writing and the fact he wrote pieces of literature so spectacular despite all the horrors he had seen in his life. 

After the majalis tonight, I felt a calling that I was being invited to Imam Hussain's (as) shrine. As I walked through Baynal Haramain, I said 'oh son of Zahra (sa) do you have a space for me?' I tried the day before to get inside but the queues were madness, you cannot imagine my relief today when I saw that there was room. I walked through the huge doors completely enchanted by what I saw. Everything in the shrine glittered back at me, so much so it would put all the stars in the sky to shame. I walked through the shrine completely choked before finding a space to sit. 

Ziyarat has taught me an important lesson about myself, that I have a body that I use for my own pleasure and yet that isn't what I should be doing with it. My body should be for the pleasure of Allah (swt) and in service to Ahlulbayt (as). Your feet do not get beauty from wearing expensive shoes, they get beauty in pain that reminds you of the walk to your Imams (as). Your lips were made to sing the praises of Ahlulbayt (as) and to curse their enemies and we shouldn't be made to feel ashamed for cursing their enemies. We should be proud that we don't sit on the fence and that we stand up for what is right. Our eyes do not get beauty from their colour or their shape, they get beauty from your tears that you shed for Aba Abdullah (as). Why do I waste the capabilities of my body running after this dunya when I am being called this? 

Finally I don't know if I'm jinxing myself here but I have had this strange feeling for the last few days. One of the duas I have made while I was here was to get married some day and since then I've had this feeling that someone is going to enter my life and change it. Its really strange, I don't know if its a placebo effect or what but I just have this image in my head that my future husband is here and not far away from me. What do you guys think? Its really odd...

Edited by zainabamy
typo
  • Veteran Member
17 hours ago, zainabamy said:

Monday 21st November - 02:58am - Karbala

Arbaeen has come and gone and its beginning to get quieter. In the afternoon we heard the maqtal of Imam Hussain (as) and in the evening the majalis was on the topic of Dua Makarim al Akhlaq. I can't believe I haven't got around to reciting this dua yet, its completely phenomenal, but that's the thing about Ahle Muhammad (sawa), they never stop filling you with awe. My heart has always had a fondness for Imam Sajjad (as) because of our shared love of writing and the fact he wrote pieces of literature so spectacular despite all the horrors he had seen in his life. 

After the majalis tonight, I felt a calling that I was being invited to Imam Hussain's (as) shrine. As I walked through Baynal Haramain, I said 'oh son of Zahra (sa) do you have a space for me?' I tried the day before to get inside but the queues were madness, you cannot imagine my relief today when I saw that there was room. I walked through the huge doors completely enchanted by what I saw. Everything in the shrine glittered back at me, so much so it would put all the stars in the sky to shame. I walked through the shrine completely choked before finding a space to sit. 

Ziyarat has taught me an important lesson about myself, that I have a body that I use for my own pleasure and yet that isn't what I should be doing with it. My body should be for the pleasure of Allah (swt) and in service to Ahlulbayt (as). Your feet do not get beauty from wearing expensive shoes, they get beauty in pain that reminds you of the walk to your Imams (as). Your lips were made to sing the praises of Ahlulbayt (as) and to curse their enemies and we shouldn't be made to feel ashamed for cursing their enemies. We should be proud that we don't sit on the fence and that we stand up for what is right. Our eyes do not get beauty from their colour or their shape, they get beauty from your tears that you shed for Aba Abdullah (as). Why do I waste the capabilities of my body running after this dunya when I am being called this? 

Finally I don't know if I'm jinxing myself here but I have had this strange feeling for the last few days. One of the duas I have made while I was here was to get married some day and since then I've had this feeling that someone is going to enter my life and change it. Its really strange, I don't know if its a placebo effect or what but I just have this image in my head that my future husband is here and not far away from me. What do you guys think? Its really odd...

If there is one thing I know - it is that the dua of the zawar is one of the most powerful duas in the world.

If what you pray for is good for you, then inshallah you will attain it.