Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
DigitalUmmah

The Official SC Ziyarat 2016 Thread

Rate this topic

@zainabamy you should consider this too on your walk between najaf and karbala. it would be wonderful to trace your journey via your own pictures along the path. you could take pics of fellow zuwaar, pictures of the way stations, pictures of yourself and the people around you and so on. you could quite possibly be the first person in the world to do this :)

Tuesday 27th September 2016/ 24th Dhul Hijjah 1437 Eid al Mubahala

I start by congratulating the Imam of our time, may Allah (swt) hasten his reappearance, the Muslim Ummah and the whole of humanity on the day of Mubahala. Days like this should be a joyous reminder to us all that no matter what hardships we may face, the party of Allah (swt) will always come out victorious.

Although the day of my departure is getting nearer and nearer, it still feels so far away. My mind wonders countless times during the day to the blessed golden domes of Iraq. I can't wait to kiss the ground of Iraq, feel the breeze through my chador and feel the dust of Karbala on my cheeks inshallah.

With Muharram fast approaching, I have been busy preparing myself spiritually for this momentous month by planning what amaal I want to do each day. This is something I cannot recommend enough because it prepares you to get the best out of this month. These are some of things I want to include in my amaal diary over the course of the month inshallah:

. Fasting, though this shouldn't be a priority and should be avoided on 10th Muharram because this is what the enemies of Ahlulbayt (as) would do. Fasting is particularly recommended on 1st and 3rd Muharram.

. x100 Salawat and x100 Lanah daily

. Ziyarat Ashura, Ziyarat Warthia, Ziyarat of the martyrs of Karbala, Abu Fadl Abbas (as), Imam Hussain (as), Bibi Zainab (sa) and Bibi Umm Kulthum (sa).

. Recite duas - Dua of Imam Hussain (as) on the day of Ashura, Dua Tawassul, Dua Kumayl, Dua Nudba, Dua Ahad etc.

. Each day read the narrations of what took place (specially for the 10 nights and the events of Sham).

. Watch majalis on You Tube and attend the mosque everyday

So for example this is what the first day looks like for me:

About 4:30am: Eat Suhoor, pray Tahajjud and console the Ahlulbayt (as)

About 5am: Pray Fajr

During the morning: Salawat and Lanah, reading

About 1pm: Zhuhr (+ Asr if combined)

Afternoon: Ziyarat Ashura, 2 rakat prayer for 1st Muharram, Ziyarat of Bibi Zainab (sa), You Tube majalis

Evening: Attend the masjid, pray Maghrib and Isha, iftar,  listen to the majalis

I pray these days will be purifying for us all and that our love of Ahli Muhammad (sawa) will push us to become better individuals. 

3 hours ago, zainabamy said:

With Muharram fast approaching, I have been busy preparing myself spiritually for this momentous month by planning what amaal I want to do each day.

Try and spend at least some time each day listening to/ watching/ reciting noha sister. Crying till tears down your cheeks for Imam Hussain (as) has almost uncountable benefits

8 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Is Muharram tomorrow? We still don't know here 

In paki culture all hussainia change the flags in their courtyards from red to black on the night before/ 2 nights before 1st muharram. Im on my way to bradford haidaria hussainia right now as a matter of fact to witness theirs

On 9/22/2016 at 5:07 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

It will be okay, sis. last month I was too poor to even buy a single pizza, and yet somehow i managed (with no extra income) to pay myself to go. when its your time, it is your time. no force on earth will keep you away. 

Last decade I could not afford it and it still seems out of reach. In my family God starts giving extra money when we are old and near death.

44 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

Guys i will most likely have an audience with sayed sistani and sheikh basheer, if you have any questions, let me know, i will ask & let you know their answers

Salam Brother,

Would appreciate if you can ask him what is the best Dhikr to do constantly according to the Quran where it says:

And remember your Lord ***within yourself***, humbly and fearfully, and quietly, in the morning and the evening, and ***do not be of the neglectful***(7: 205)

And remember the name of your Lord and devote yourself to Him with [complete] devotion.(73:8)

What Dhikr should we say constantly and how?

Thank you! Safe trip !

Edited by certainclarity

On 9/20/2016 at 5:09 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

alhamdulillah I am going to karbala again InshaAllah for Ashura 2016. I think it would be a good idea for all shiachatters who have been granted ziarat for Arafah (I'm looking at you, @Pearl178) Ashura and Arbaeen this year use this thread as an opportunity to share pics/ videos, diary entries, thoughts, experiences and so on? If there is enough of us we could even have a livestream or something from there?

Congratulations brother. Please keep my grandmother in your prayers. I'm very happy for you. 

5 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

My brothers, my sisters, my friends.

I am about to begin my journey to heaven on earth.

I carry you all with me in my heart, and will remember all your names & individual dua requests, inshaAllah.

I want you to know, if death is written for me, that I love you all. Thank you for the laughter, the lessons, the companionship and the conversations.

Please forgive me for my multple daily mistakes, sarcasm, insults, rubbish jokes and bad akhlaaq.

Hopefully I will stay in touch any time there is wifi, if not, i will see you all when I get back, inshaAllah.

Salam

Ya Ali (as) Madad

Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

May Allah swt accept your ziyara and duas!!!

6 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

My brothers, my sisters, my friends.

I am about to begin my journey to heaven on earth.

I carry you all with me in my heart, and will remember all your names & individual dua requests, inshaAllah.

I want you to know, if death is written for me, that I love you all. Thank you for the laughter, the lessons, the companionship and the conversations.

Please forgive me for my multple daily mistakes, sarcasm, insults, rubbish jokes and bad akhlaaq.

Hopefully I will stay in touch any time there is wifi, if not, i will see you all when I get back, inshaAllah.

Salam

Ya Ali (as) Madad

Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

May Allah (swt) bless you dear brother and give you the most amazing experience. 

14 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I dont know what the wifi facilities will be like out there, so it could well be days/ weeks before i message again.

They're perfectly good, well they were everywhere I stayed. You have no excuses.

Almost always better (in terms of fx rates) when you get there. If you have US$ knocking around take them.

Also, there is an ATM (inside a hotel) in either Najaf and/or Karbala that takes VISA cards. Useful for emergencies.

5 hours ago, zainabamy said:

Guys when is the best time to change pounds into dinars for Iraq - in the UK or when you get there?

Definitely there sister. If you go in a group, have it done by one of the organizers.

Have you been before? If not, you will see lots of children (mostly orphans) running around or begging. I usually carry some chocolate or candy to give them.

People are very nice but there are a LOT ofpeople which can be overwhelming. 

Also drink lots of water (bottled only).

IA safe travels and ziarat qunoot IA.

Edited by shiaman14

Allah humma salleh Allah Muhammad wa aale Muhammad wa ajjil farajahum

On ashura i fulfilled my dream - my LIFELONG dream - of doing zanjeer in the harams of both Maula sayyedus shuhada Imam Hussain (as) and babul hawayej Abul Fadhl Abbas (as). 

I went CRAAAAAZY but alhamdulillah i didnt even miss zuhr/asr, never mind maghrib/isha.

We joined a group of shirazi irani who were doing tatbir and went into haram with their procession. I havent taken pics/videos as my phones memory has run out so need to buy a new memory card. 

This is us walking into the haram with the shirazis, We were looking SPECTACULARLY out of place among them but guards let us pass anyway. Masters of blending in, we arent.

IMG_20161012_090857_zps2bbtopq4.jpg

Yesterday we went samarra, balad & spent the night in kadhamiyyah. Kadhamiyyah is my FAVOURITE haram. I just cant get enough of it. Plus the hotel is wicked.

View from the hotel restaurant:

IMG_20161013_231420_zpstlbsrymm.jpgIMG_20161013_231420_zpstlbsrymm.jpg

IMG_20161014_085002_zpslbzgef5q.jpg

Also managed to run into my lifelong friend, the owner of the snapchat channel karbala110 his identity is a huge secret because he gets multiple death threats almost every hour. He was the english source which first broke the news of sheikh nimrs beheading, so saudi have been after him ever since