Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
HumanForLife

Have you every came close to dying ?

Rate this topic

I have a terrible habit of sometimes swallowing my food without chewing, this lead me almost chocking to death a few hours ago. :cry: 

Al-ḥamdu lillah it went down and i'm fine now.

This of course made me think of death again and I was wondering, Have you every came close to dying and how did you feel afterwards and during ?

oddly while chocking I had a strong urge to do salah, my mind kept repeating, just one more time, just one more time, it was a very weird and scary feeling.

3 hours ago, HumanForLife said:

I have a terrible habit of sometimes swallowing my food without chewing, this lead me almost chocking to death a few hours ago. :cry: 

Al-ḥamdu lillah it went down and i'm fine now.

This of course made me think of death again and I was wondering, Have you every came close to dying and how did you feel afterwards and during ?

oddly while chocking I had a strong urge to do salah, my mind kept repeating, just one more time, just one more time, it was a very weird and scary feeling.

How long were you choked? Keep in mind that during such situations every second is much longer than usual.

And please learn to chew and enjoy your food. You are a sad example of all the essential things they don't teach in schools.

7 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

How long were you choked? Keep in mind that during such situations every second is much longer than usual.

And please learn to chew and enjoy your food. You are a sad example of all the essential things they don't teach in schools.

it was for at least 10- 15 minutes, I could only take short breaths, it took me to the point of almost fainting, then out of no were it went down and I was able to take long and deep breaths.

I was in a car accident 8 years ago. It was very cold and there was black ice on roads, so my car started skidding. It was going very fast and I was in shock. I couldn't do anything. It hit another car and that's how it stopped. I hit three cars but Alhamdulillah I was not injured and no-one else was injured. Everytime I drive during snow, and if feels like I am losing control, it's like a near death experience. 

oh man. where do I start

- I was involved in one of the biggest motorway car crashes in UK history on the M1 motorway
- I along with 3 friends walked down a vertical slate cliff with no ropes or harnesses, carrying 20kg rucksacks each
- nearly died of hypothermia when I was stuck in a blizzard up a mountain for a week
- I pulled 4 girls out of a burning car
- I saved my neighbours when their house caught fire
- I was near a bombing in karbala
- I was in syria when the civil war began
- I lived/ live in one of the most dangerous gang lands in the entire UK - entire books such as this one and documentaries like this one have been written about things that happened on my streets - and the main characters are many who i have grown up with. I cannot mention details in public though. 

Edited by DigitalUmmah

7 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

oh man. where do I start

- I was involved in one of the biggest motorway car crashes in UK history on the M1 motorway.-Since a used car I sold was the cause of it.
- I along with 3 friends walked down a vertical slate cliff with no ropes or harnesses, carrying 20kg rucksacks each-The cliff was 10 ft high from the ground
- nearly died of hypothermia when I was stuck in a blizzard up a mountain for a week - Before they lit a camp fire for me
- I pulled 4 girls out of a burning car - Which I had crashed into.
- I saved my neighbours when their house caught fire. - I extinguished the fire with a bucketful of water.
- I was near a bombing in karbala - I heard the news when I woke up and was glad to be safe.
- I was in syria when the civil war began - Luckily I left the same evening.
- I lived/ live in one of the most dangerous gang lands in the entire UK - And its my gang. We dangerous.

Sorry I could not resist. :D

No, I've never been very close to death. I fight it like mad when it approaches. Once my brakes failed while I was driving down a winding mountain road in the foggy wee hours of the morning. There was a mountain on my left and a cliff on my right and I was already going about 45 mph and accelerating under the unswerving pull of gravity. Death did cross my mind. I become very resourceful when Death crosses my mind. Carefully, and totally against instinct, I edged over to the narrow gravel shoulder on the right, and the friction from the gravel slowed my car enough to make it around the curve instead of driving straight off the cliff. Then I survived several more curves before I reached the bottom of the mountain. I'm just glad nobody was trying to drive up while I was going down. 

Also, don't let friends repair your brakes for you unless they are qualified mechanics. Either do it yourself or hire a professional. 

Edited by notme

5 hours ago, notme said:

No, I've never been very close to death. I fight it like mad when it approaches. Once my brakes failed while I was driving down a winding mountain road in the foggy wee hours of the morning. There was a mountain on my left and a cliff on my right and I was already going about 45 mph and accelerating under the unswerving pull of gravity. Death did cross my mind. I become very resourceful when Death crosses my mind. Carefully, and totally against instinct, I edged over to the narrow gravel shoulder on the right, and the friction from the gravel slowed my car enough to make it around the curve instead of driving straight off the cliff. Then I survived several more curves before I reached the bottom of the mountain. I'm just glad nobody was trying to drive up while I was going down. 

Also, don't let friends repair your brakes for you unless they are qualified mechanics. Either do it yourself or hire a professional. 

I think you just won the thread