Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sidnaq

are western south asian racist to other southasian

Rate this topic

are westernized south asians racist to other south asians? For e.g. i understand that living in canada mean living in amulticultural society but what extent can we truly call it multicultural i mean twice, and i saw this happen personally with a friend and someone else told me of their expereince in school, my friend who had newly arrived from pakistan  wore a shalwar kameez, with a hijab and sneakers, et when she entered her class room she was in the 6th grade, nobody showed respect to her, and my school is very multicultural not even the other brown students, same thing happened with this girl i knew that said she wore shalwar kameez till her high school, she said the white kids were nicer to her and brown kids didnt like her or hated her for wearing that , thats the thing, the truth is i dont think so its limited to these accounts of school alone, the one trend i started seeing in canadian commercials was now the westernized asian.Basically ask me what true americans consisted of i would say white people and black people, but now the westernized asian is coming in, you know people with asian last names but english first names, not exactly tiger moms, but grow up in a very western manner, so what now counts as multiculturalism? is it only the looks of some people? i say what my dad said, he said this place maybe he was referring to toronto or i dont know if canada was not multicultural, i mean ask yourselves you go to school, you wear your tight clothes, your heavy make up, and for the guys your t shirt and jeans, and you see a person in traditional clothes come up, will you avoid them like the plague? same question for me, will i avoid them, or maybe they have an indian accent will i find that annoying and just stick to hanging out around white girls and other westernized people? do what extent should we shun someone?

Edited by Khadim uz Zahra

4 minutes ago, Smiles786 said:

I find it's the opposite.  They make fun of our western accents, and not liking some of the food etc.

It goes both ways with any culture. 

its different for some people ia gree, some people new to canada have had great expereinces, while others could who know  could feel pressure to change or not be able to fit in, and the thing is that to what extent is it counted as racism?

5 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

its different for some people ia gree, some people new to canada have had great expereinces, while others could who know  could feel pressure to change or not be able to fit in, and the thing is that to what extent is it counted as racism?

Subjective.  Not talking to someone isn't that big of a deal. Abusing them is different. 

it's so bad, talk in the school, because people can't do that, can we dress like we want in west? yes? or no? surely, those kids were really mean, I don't say certain things here, otherwise I'd be banned.

50 minutes ago, Nataly said:

it's so bad, talk in the school, because people can't do that, can we dress like we want in west? yes? or no? surely, those kids were really mean, I don't say certain things here, otherwise I'd be banned.

hmmm nataly, do you know anyone living in the west? what are they like towards latinas / latinos like yourself. i feel some accents are accpeted and okay to use such as your spanish accent, jamaican accent, maybe chinese accent but i am unsure about indian accents. The thing is how can you go thru school without people talking to you and ignoring you, that will bother you and that in its own self is a form of abuse