Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sidnaq

sunni- islamic calligraphy on the walls not liked?

Rate this topic

Asalamualaikum is islamic calligraphy on the walls not allowed or disliked in sunni islam ? I mean you guys have it on the walls in mosques there is no prophetic hadith forbidding it, and the fact that the kaaba  has islamic lettering on its walls, and in gold, yet whenever i search quite a number of websites say that it is, isnt this dangerous thinking for example : - http://www.muslimsandtheworld.com/is-it-halal-to-use-islamic-calligraphy-as-wall-decor/ this guy adam roth scares me with his thinking, https://islamqa.info/en/254   http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=90090 is it wrong to feel spiritual with the names of Allah around you?or in front of you? as said in islamqa ? @Fahad Sani and others 

Edited by sidnaq

7 minutes ago, realizm said:

:salam:

No offense bro/sis but why even care about the opinion of those narrow minded people ?

They are obviously salafis, who see the evil in anything.

Yesterday I unfortunately came across a Youtube tutorial of brushing teeth with miswak, the heavy bearded guy was explaining that the length of the miswak should not exceed x inches (cannot remember) because of "the risk of Shaytan sitting on it". Ridiculous.

Salam,

Satan sitting on it ...

Okay!

38 minutes ago, realizm said:

No offense bro/sis but why even care about the opinion of those narrow minded people ?

Yesterday I unfortunately came across a Youtube tutorial of brushing teeth with miswak, the heavy bearded guy was explaining that the length of the miswak should not exceed x inches (cannot remember) because of "the risk of Shaytan sitting on it". Ridiculous.

How many views?

45 minutes ago, realizm said:

Gonna Cut My Miswakel or using my finger as a Miswak:D:cool:

52 minutes ago, realizm said:

That's to be expected from Wahhabi/Salafi types, their logic gives me a strangely pagan vibe. If you know what I am saying? 

Most Sunnis don't believe this @sidnaq and don't bother yourself with this nonsense. 

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

a strangely pagan vibe.

Can you imagine that when someone became muslim through reading Quran (by the Will of Allah) and then comes to know sunni hadith literature and some shia hadith literature as well becomes astonished about its alien-Quranic character.

1 hour ago, Faruk said:

Can you imagine that when someone became muslim through reading Quran (by the Will of Allah) and then comes to know sunni hadith literature and some shia hadith literature as well becomes astonished about its alien-Quranic character.

Yes, I can because I was once that person you described @Faruk

5 hours ago, realizm said:

I'm intrigued. Do you mind sharing this video?

6 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That's to be expected from Wahhabi/Salafi types, their logic gives me a strangely pagan vibe. If you know what I am saying? 

Most Sunnis don't believe this @sidnaq and don't bother yourself with this nonsense. 

i want to see the sunnis opiniond to be honest, how theyd defend such a statement, especially if not backed by hadithi am shocked to be honest i never expected this .... and well gaius i am glad you came out of it

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

i want to see the sunnis opiniond to be honest, how theyd defend such a statement, especially if not backed by hadithi am shocked to be honest i never expected this .... and well gaius i am glad you came out of it

It's all too easy when you have no clue about Islam. I mean I wasn't truly a Salafi, never was and never have been but because I didn't know anything, I was unawares of the direction I was going.  

I was getting ready to take lessons from Bilal Phillips and listened to Yusuf Estes and Abdur Rahman Green. I thought these guys were traditional Madhabi Sunni, whoops, I was wrong. Got really upset and disturbed  became an Qur'anist for a bit but quickly left because that wasn't Islam. Just people cherry picking ayahs and "following" Islam with progressive values.

Salafis, excellent dawah and very accepting of converts but overall, wacky beliefs and questionable role models.  They are definitely the type to defend such beliefs @sidnaq

3 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

It's all too easy when you have no clue about Islam. I mean I wasn't truly a Salafi, never was and never have been but because I didn't know anything, I was unawares of the direction I was going.  

I was getting ready to take lessons from Bilal Phillips and listened to Yusuf Estes and Abdur Rahman Green. I thought these guys were traditional Madhabi Sunni, whoops, I was wrong. 

Salafis, excellent dawah and very accepting of converts but overall, wacky beliefs and questionable role models.  They are definitely the type to defend such beliefs @sidnaq

so what happened, you got ready to take the notes, and well what did you discover that made you change your mind, and how did you get out of it? and come to shia islam. your words fascinate me.

13 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

so what happened, you got ready to take the notes, and well what did you discover that made you change your mind, and how did you get out of it? and come to shia islam. your words fascinate me.

Well this quite frankly:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_Philips

Look in the controversy section, Sidnaq. I wanted to know who I was learning from, you know? At first, I thought that this was some mistake, but I didn't want to take lessons from a terrorist sympathizer. Plus there were courses  on Muhammad Abdul Wahhab's Kitab at-Tawheed and Nawaaqid al Islam. I didn't want to be Wahhabi either. 

I snapped out of it by listening to someone who was a Qur'anist and getting convinced to join a Qur'anist forum  (big mistake ) I only stayed for a few months,I couldn't stand the blasphemy and ignorance I was reading. 

After that, I looked around and decided to give Shia Islam a chance .

25 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Well this quite frankly:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilal_Philips

Look in the controversy section, Sidnaq. I wanted to know who I was learning from, you know? At first, I thought that this was some mistake, but I didn't want to take lessons from a terrorist sympathizer. Plus there were courses  on Muhammad Abdul Wahhab's Kitab at-Tawheed and Nawaaqid al Islam. I didn't want to be Wahhabi either. 

I snapped out of it by listehing to someone who was a Qur'anist and getting convinced to join a Qur'anist forum  (big mistake ) I only stayed for a few months,I couldn't stand the blasphemy and ignorance I was reading. 

After that, I looked around and decided to give Shia Islam a chance .

woahhhh, this was the person whose lectures i used to listen to ,......oh my gosh, i cant believe it...you know many sunnis listen to him......... whats going on.............wow,, i am glad you gave shia islam a good chance, i too pray fo the return the quick return of Imam al -Mahdi atfs

24 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

woahhhh, this was the person whose lectures i used to listen to ,......oh my gosh, i cant believe it...you know many sunnis listen to him......... whats going on.............wow,, i am glad you gave shia islam a good chance, i too pray fo the return the quick return of Imam al -Mahdi atfs

Sis, now do see what I mean when I say be careful with or avoid any Sunni sites? Not all Sunnis are Salafi but all Salafis are Sunni. I don't know what exactly is going on but I can tell you that it much to do with Saudi Arabia and the petro-dollar. We have the Ahlulbayt (as) for guidance, let us avoid any confusion that will lead us astray, insha'Allah. 

13 hours ago, realizm said:

One guy told me that if I leave the sijjada (praying mat) open after finishing salat Shaytan will run on it 

Edited by Ibn Al-Shahid

10 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Yes, I can because I was once that person you described @Faruk

I'm really interested to know your story, i've been through the Quranist stage as well. What things did you hear/read that you thought were blasphemous? 

8 hours ago, YAli said:

I'm really interested to know your story, i've been through the Quranist stage as well. What things did you hear/read that you thought were blasphemous? 

Well, I thought that code 19 was a bit of a stretch and the people had me worried that I was "damaged goods" because I was circumcised, I snapped out of that and realized that they were full of lies.

A couple of members said that the Hajj today is irrelevant and not the Hajj in the Qur'aan and they apparently wanted to blow up the Kaaba because a remnant of paganism in Arabia, astaghfirillah.

That was a bit much for me and then I got accused of being an member of ISIS on their forum. I didn't appreciate that very much, really upset me at the time. 

Noticed Qur'anists leaving and becoming atheist and that didn't sit well with me and I kind of knew why, they didn't know the contexts of the ayahs revealed in the Qur'aan because they rejected all hadiths. 

When I asked about Nahjul Balagha out of curiosity , I was told rather harshly  to not waste my time and if I did read it, I would be disappointed as it's advice and knowledge was something that I could figure out on my own without reading it and it was very "simplistic".

Then one night, a thunderstorm came and I felt that it was a sign from Allah (swt) to avoid that place and so I did.

7 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

A couple of members said that the Hajj today is irrelevant and not the Hajj in the Qur'aan and they apparently wanted to blow up the Kaaba because a remnant of paganism in Arabia, astaghfirillah.

What?!... i heard they did not agree with many of the rituals.... but this.... wow.... 

Just now, YAli said:

What?!... i heard they did not agree with many of the rituals.... but this.... wow.... 

That's just the tip of the iceberg, brother. They pretty much want to follow a modernized, gay - friendly  "Islam " and get rid of the traditions of Islam, @YAli. They say that Islam needs a Reformation like Christianity. If what I saw is their idea of a reformation, then I want nothing to do with them, period. 

2 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That's just the tip of the iceberg, brother. They pretty much want to follow a modernized, gay - friendly  "Islam " and get rid of the traditions of Islam, @YAli. They say that Islam needs a Reformation like Christianity. If what I saw is their idea of a reformation, then I want nothing to do with them, period. 

Yeah I see. It's quite a dangerous time we live in I think. One must be very steadfast. There is so much going on everywhere... Reformist movements like the one you mentioned, extremists on the other hand like wahabi and Isis, and then on top snakes like secret western agencies that play a undercover hand in many affairs and happenings in the world. Be steadfast and have a pure heart and pray to Allah that he guides and protects us. 

22 minutes ago, YAli said:

Yeah I see. It's quite a dangerous time we live in I think. One must be very steadfast. There is so much going on everywhere... Reformist movements like the one you mentioned, extremists on the other hand like wahabi and Isis, and then on top snakes like secret western agencies that play a undercover hand in many affairs and happenings in the world. Be steadfast and have a pure heart and pray to Allah that he guides and protects us. 

If Wahhabism tolerated gay marriage and put tons of emphasis on modern man and his achievements while eschewing hadiths and rejecting the rituals and history of Islam; I dare say that the resemblance to the Qur'anists would be absolutely uncanny @YAli.

On 18/09/2016 at 8:58 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

To me they seem to be obsessed by Shaytaan in such a way that they see it in potentially everything. 

Long trousers  = Shaytaan gripping. Unfolded carpet (I heard it too) = Shaytaan crawling. Long nails = Shaytaan hiding beneath.

They do not understand the logic behing these, if it was even mentioned by some early muslims - I doubt any Prophet would gather asses using such weird metaphors.

Worst thing is that would obviously repell anyone with a logic and a rational mind. Sadly enough, a certain propotion of the ones who are lucky enough to embrace Islam will adopt this way of thinking and become almost alienated. This is when the clash of civilisation takes place.

And even for us it may be hard sometimes if we adopt self criticism. For example try to explain to a doctor that it is better to wash a bloody body part three times with water than with antiseptic because the latter does not make it tahir while the former does... See what answer you will get. :censored:

Generally I feel all of this is so remote to the essence of Islam. Thank Allah we have rules and self discipline but we might tend to exagerate those aspects which are not the core of our religion.

Self (nafs) purity and cleanliness, sincerity of intention, abandonment of our ego during prayers are much closer to the Islam of Ahl el beit than our daily fiqh preoccupations.

Edited by realizm

On 9/18/2016 at 1:06 PM, realizm said:

14 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

One guy told me that if I leave the sijjada (praying mat) open after finishing salat Shaytan will run on it 

If you have ever seen or prayed in a sunni mosque, you know why they put emphasis on making sure why the ffet of brothers touch each other (No gaps)? because shaytan comes in between the gaps.

Never leave the Quran open - shaytan reads it.

@sidnaq:

Please take a look at the link below. Names of Imams in caligraphy in Masjid-Nabawi.

https://sayyidamiruddin.com/2014/03/20/names-of-the-immaculate-twelve-imams-as-they-appear-at-masjid-an-nawabi-s-ksa/

https://sayyidamiruddin.com/2014/03/20/names-of-the-immaculate-twelve-imams-as-they-appear-at-masjid-an-nawabi-s-ksa/

@zainabamy

Look at this sis, I am shocked and pleased that the names of the Ahlulbayt (as) are not forgotten in Masjid An-Nawabi. Alhamdulillah that the Saudis didn't remove their names. 

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@zainabamy

Look at this sis, I am shocked and pleased that the names of the Ahlulbayt (as) are not forgotten in Masjid An-Nawabi. Alhamdulillah that the Saudis didn't remove their names. 

Alhamdulilah how extraordinary, I'm surprised the Saudis didn't destroy this.