Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Sawa said:

Salam,

I think societies evolve. A lot of religions have changed their view on gender roles and have come to evolve with the times. Like the Mormons once allowed polygamy but they eventually banned it, traditional christian societies once did not allow women to work or hold any position of power but that too changed.  I think Islam can change with the times as a lot of faiths have done.  

What you are saying is very dangerous things, you do not realize right now what you are saying but if you would study more about your religion and more about the nature of Allah(SWT) more about the nature of humans, you would realize just how incorrect what your saying is.

This kind of "islam needs to change to the modern society" thinking is something I hear from two groups: People who hate islam or people who severely lack knowledge of islam, so they do not really know what islam says and what islam is.

Just let me take this time and quote you real quick:

On 8/18/2016 at 3:27 PM, Sawa said:

I am a Muslim (not shia or sunni to tell the truth I am neglectful in my religion and I have a lot of non Muslim friends here in the DMV area.

If you study islam for real you will see just how perfect it is in all times, not just in the past but in the present and the future as well. Although our surroundings change, our cars, our houses, our electronics, etc, etc, we humans do not change and we have the same desires and wishes as we had 1000 years ago and so, because islam is FOR humans and the human nature does not change, islam is timeless.

@Shia.a What is the problem exactly? I would like to share something with you. I used to be a christian woman who used to think just like you, i would curse islam because I USED TO THINK it votes for sexual inequality, and i was even AGAINST marriage because i wouldn't want to marry a christian man that will eventually cheats over me, who will have mistresses or simply just go to a nightclub. I even hated the nature of men.

Then I was introduced to Islam and to ahlulbayt(as), and everything changed, my whole life and mentality. Suddenly everything made sense, because a MAN OF GOD would Never hurt his women in any way.

When a women will marry a man whom she doesnt know quite well, doesnt know how Sick he is, and who doesnt know the level his commitment and faith, then it's Her fault. Because The second she decided to marry him she decided indirectly to trust his judgment and everything he says, it became her responsibility.

When God(azwj) gave men this Superiority over women in certain things He knew what He was doing. It is Allah eventually and we shouldn't doubt 1 second his judgment.

These creatures you are talking about are what we call immature Boys, they are not even close to immature Men.

A religious man would advise his women for her own sake for her own after life, a sick mentally ill boy would advise his women for his own sake and benefit, a religious man would treat his lady like imam ali used to treat sayeda fatima... matter fact sayeda fatima is the perfect example of how much strong women can be.

Now it took me almost 1 and a half year to reach and understand this mentality, ofcourse i was studying islam and the teachings of ahlulbayt(as) meanwhile. If i were to follow this islam humans created i would never ever had converted. So please do yourself a favor and get to know a bit more your religion? for your own peace of mind and soul.

I think @Shia.a and a lot of others confuse Islam and Muslim.

Islam gives women all the rights and protections required.

Muslim (men) on the other hand like all other men try to dominate their women. It happens all over the world.

So at the risk of sounding redundant - the problem is men, not Islam.

And no brother @Haimi - the problem is not women and their skirts.

Salam,

Which Christian societies didn't allow women to work or hold positions of power?

In the US and most of Europe women did not have the right to vote until the 20th century and they mostly did not work and stayed at home. Yet, western societies which were a lot more conservative and reflected their Christian identity changed with the emancipation and feminist movements of the early 20th century. 

Going from believing something is commanded by God and that we should follow it, to believing that we can pick and choose what we want to follow, and that in any case God hasn't really communicated anything to us anyway?

God is the most merciful I do not believe he will send someone to hell for not following everything he commands absolutely, I think god understands society more than anyone. And there are tons of interpretations of the Quran. 

Also, society should discourage sexual assault, it shouldn't be on girls to worry if they are going to be assaulted when they go out. A society that excuses sexual assaults is not a healthy one. 

Christianity doesn't change

It does, there are tons of different Christian sects that exist. And they probably look at that proverb that you provide differently. Christian women today don't live like they did 100 years ago, Christian societies have evolved over the time. 

5 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Then tell that to imam Khomeini r.a

care to cite the exact 'fatwa' or khutba where he said all the abuse men commit against women is due the length of their skirts include throwing acid on their faces.

6 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

care to cite the exact 'fatwa' or khutba where he said all the abuse men commit against women is due the length of their skirts include throwing acid on their faces.

Reread my hadith of him again please.

No need for that, it has few words, no more no less.

Plus read Shahid Mutahhari r.a books about women, doesn't cost you a penny, trust me:)

13 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Plus you put things into my mouth, where did I say he said something like that?

Well time to unfollow the thread, I said what I had to say.

Edited by Haimi

49 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Reread my hadith of him again please.

No need for that, it has few words, no more no less.

Plus read Shahid Mutahhari r.a books about women, doesn't cost you a penny, trust me:)

lol. I didnt know we attributed hadith to Ayatollah Khomeni.

38 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

lol. I didnt know we attributed hadith to Ayatollah Khomeni.

:) 

actually Hadith in Arabic means news/ speech / event 

If you look at Arabic news channels it says al Hadith/ al Hadath in some.

So it necessarily doesn't only mean the sayings of the prophet .

Because it is Arabic we automatically give it some holy attribute lol

Similar to the word ziyarat. If you go to Arabic countries for vacation they Stamp in your passport saying ziyarat , that doesn't mean you are going to a holy shrine ... though you maybe going to burj al Arab to have sushi by the deck lol.

Edited by certainclarity

3 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

:) 

actually Hadith in Arabic means news/ speech / event 

If you look at Arabic news channels it says al Hadith in some.

So it necessarily doesn't only mean the sayings of the prophet .

Because it is Arabic we automatically give it some holy attribute lol

Similar to the word ziyarat. If you go to Arabic countries for vacation they Stamp in your passport saying ziyarat , that doesn't mean you are going to a holy shrine ... though you maybe going to burj al Arab to have sushi by the deck lol.

fair enough. I know what hadith is by definition; I just didnt know we used it in this form. For example, I have never heard anyone say, "I heard a hadith from Sistani..."

12 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

fair enough. I know what hadith is by definition; I just didnt know we used it in this form. For example, I have never heard anyone say, "I heard a hadith from Sistani..."

Probably when they speak Arabic they would use it.

Since we are not Arabic speakers it sounds abit odd.

Also mixing Arabic and English language could cause confusion.

Edited by certainclarity