Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Saudi hospitality steals the heart of Iraqi Shiite

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators

Saudi hospitality steals the heart of Iraqi Shiite pilgrim

Sep 16, 2016

Faleh Al-Safi Faleh Al-Safi

By Mohammed Al-Aklabi

MINA — Faleh Al-Safi, an Iraqi Shiite lawyer, who was here for the Haj had distorted ideas about the Saudi people.

But his stay here has cleared all his misconception and he is now leaving the Kingdom satisfied that all is not that bad about Saudi Arabia and its people he has been made to believe all these years.

“I came for the Haj with misconceptions about the Saudi people. I was fearful and apprehensive because I heard that they are racists and that they treat others badly,” he said.

Safi said he began changing his ideas about the Saudi people when he was welcomed with flowers, Zamzam water and warm hugs and smiles on arrival at the Madinah airport.

“This immediately changed my perception. They (the Saudis) are generous and welcoming people. This is totally contrary to what I have been hearing from my Shiite clan,” he said.

Safi also said he used to hear that the Saudi security men were tough especially with the foreigners whom they maltreat and oppress. 

“I saw Saudi security personnel helping people, providing them water, guiding them politely to their destinations and sometimes carrying them on their backs to complete their Haj rites,” he said.

Safi said the nice treatment he received during his stay in the Kingdom for the Haj made him change his mind about the Saudi police.

He has now become confident that the bad things he used to hear about the Saudi people from the Shiites in his country were not more than plots to seed dissensions among the various Islamic factions.

He also accused the media in his country of circulating fabricated reports about the Kingdom and its people.

“From now on, I will not listen to anything negative about the Kingdom or its people,” he added.

Safi, 65, said he was hesitant to come to Saudi Arabia and was held back by what he used to hear about the Saudis’ racism and bad treatment of others.

“The Saudi people gave both the Sunni and the Shiite Iraqi pilgrims the same nice treatment. Whenever you go in the streets of the Holy Sites, you will see Saudi men and women competing to serve you,” he said.

Safi said he will spread the truth about the Kingdom and its people to his fellow Shiites back home. “You only see cordiality and peace in the Saudi people and police. This will be my message to my people back home,” the Shiite lawyer said.

http://saudigazette.com.sa/saudi-arabia/saudi-hospitality-steals-heart-iraqi-shiite-pilgrim/

• Forum Administrators
4 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

and what if this is a true story, what happens if iran writes a story about saudis receving love and kindness in iran, then what that is true and this is false?how would one tell

You just know, trust me. You rely on your experience and knowledge of the subject as well as the structure, design, and grammar of the piece. You just know.

• Veteran Member

What is the criterion of the real/haqiqat :

- Can be sensed/percepted with possibility of deception or discrepancy or deviation ?

- Just mere words in reports (with possibility of fiction/made up, misperception/understanding, discommunicate etc) ?

- Just a good act/behavior in one point of time and space of individual/communities ?

- Others ?

10 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Go to saudi arabia and see for yourself.

oh my goodness  that poor man ,, Astaghfirullah, this is disgusting.the shia in black looks so civil and dignified compared to the ughhh hooligans like monkeys who pushed off his turban, the poor man.i pray Allah can open my eyes and heart i dont want to like that which is wrong and evil and misleads.

16 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

I came expecting to read how they literally stole his heart...

Same here. I was expecting a story about how the dude was drugged and then they extracted his heart...

Never expected a piece straight out of Saudi Onion Arabian News...

• Forum Administrators
6 hours ago, notme said:

The grammar is flawless, 

That's because they use western PR agencies for this sort of work.

You could see the same 'quality' in Iyad Allawi's TV adverts in Iraq and the professionalism of the ISIS in-house magazine.

• Veteran Member

Saudi Wahabis, the government or the people have no love or respect for SUADI Shias, for their own countrymen. Saudi Shias have no rights as citizens whatsoever. Do not read from Shia sources, refer to independent, western and/or Human Rights Watch sources.

And not long ago, the Saudi government beheaded well known Saudi Shia scholar, Ayatollah Nimr (Ra) for just a speech and for pointing  out to the abuses & discrimination Shias face in the country.

Now, this Iraqi Shia is so pleased that he is not going to listen to "Shias" in his country anymore to speak on Saudis brutalities?

Don't you belong to the same country where Saudis money and funded terrorists massacred thousands of your young men in a row? You don't see any Saudi hate and hand in that? Provoking Sunni Iraqi Arabs, aiding the ex-Baathists and sending thousands of Takfiris into Iraq for years? And the daily bombing of markets and buses, the daily insults of Saudi ambassador inside your country who think that is his job to teach Iraqis how a 'democratic system' is all about?

WE DON'T FORGET OR FORGIVE THE BEHEADING OF SHIA SCHOLAR, the beheading of Sheikh Nimr and the daily abuses and discrimination of Saudi Shias... Saudis will be punished and will pay big for that... And we don't and shouldn't forgive Saudis for destroying the lives of Iraqi Shias, for exporting Takfir, hate, death and destruction upon the Shias of Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bahrain, Yemen, Nigeria, Lebanon and many more Shia communities across the planet.

Power to the Shia soldiers of Yemen, with the blessing of Shahid Ayatollah Al-Baqir Nimr

Down with the Satanic government and Takfiris of Saudi Arabia

• Veteran Member
On 9/16/2016 at 10:11 AM, myouvial said:

What is the criterion of the real/haqiqat :

- Can be sensed/percepted with possibility of deception or discrepancy or deviation ?

- Just mere words in reports (with possibility of fiction/made up, misperception/understanding, discommunicate etc) ?

- Just a good act/behavior in one point of time and space of individual/communities ?

- Others ?

I just want to do 'adl and the points above is things that should be considered.

And also the rule of generalization, fallacy/hasty generalization, e.g. this web :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faulty_generalization

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasty_generalization

• Advanced Member

And if that Article wasn't written with perfect grammar would you not criticize it for not looking legitimate?  If the all the Saudi's were so cruel, why would they even bother letting Shia's come immigrate to Hajj if they were so keen on lumping them all as kufrs?

Or do you all of you forget that as muslims you should all be inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and not predispose to call people liars as that is Islam? 

What do anti-shia or extreme Wahabis have to gain by making up stories or asking people to deceive Shii' people by saying they treat them well?

You've already seen some Saudi (many not just some) scholars outwardly call Shia' Kufr, why would they start now with deception?  They're better off just saying no Shia' can come.

Having been there myself, I've seen Shii' people treated with dignity and respect, but there exist few cases where there is mistreatment and that mistreatment extends beyond just the Shia people.

Or are you all going to come tell me I'm making this stuff up to deceive you?

Assuming and judging people without proof, you all to me sound like the very same Saudi/Wahabi people that slighted the Shia.

Quran: 49-6

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

Sayings from Imam Ali AS:

The intellect is better than desire, for the intellect makes you a king over your destiny, and desire makes you a slave of your destiny.

The intellect is what arrives at what is correct through reasoning, and recognizes what has not yet happened through what has already taken place.

Use your intellect to understand something when you hear about it-the intellect that examines, that is, and not just the intellect that repeats what it hears, for surely there are many who repeat the knowledge that they hear, and there are few who examine it.

These are straight out of al islam.org

Edited by wmehar2
  • Forum Administrators

^ I doubt this article was written by religious scholarly authorities. It was probably written by some PR firm or corporation who realize discrimination and fear from potential clients is bad for their $$$$. For the price of peanuts and the 10 minutes to write this up, the potential for return is exponentially higher.

Edited by magma
  • Advanced Member
8 minutes ago, magma said:

^ I doubt this article was written by religious scholarly authorities. It was probably written by some PR firm or corporation who realize discrimination and fear from potential clients is bad for their $$$$. For the price of peanuts and the 10 minutes to write this up, the potential for return is exponentially higher.

It wouldn't do much good to waste the effort or time writing an article on something that is wholly a lie, and then be exposed for being liars, for that is much worse.

That logic doesn't make sense.   If motivation was money, then its counter productive to BS the world that Shia' are treated well there when its exposed that they are not.  Because then, non-Shia would see it and question the contradiction/hypocrisy.

Or another perspective,

if the  Naseebi Sunni or Extreme Wahabi population have such a strong distaste for Shias, wouldn't they benefit from hearing how awful the Shia are treated?  Why would they want to do Hajj with other Shia present that are treated well, if anything that would shoo them away wouldn't it.

God forbid there is any merit to this man's story.  Perhaps that paranoia, or strong sense of distrust is what's also perpetuating a divide between Shia' and Sunnis.  If one side wants to try and be nice, the other must assume deception is afoot, but in this instance there's nothing to be gained from the other side from the deception.

Edited by wmehar2
  • Development Team
3 minutes ago, magma said:

This is essentially my thoughts on this article @wmehar2. Magma summed up it up perfectly. 

• Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

It wouldn't do much good to waste the effort or time writing an article on something that is wholly a lie, and then be exposed for being liars, for that is much worse.

I doubt the ordinary Saudi has much experience of interacting with hajis (whose movements are strictly controlled) and what happens to foreigners on the hajj is mostly what Saudis see in the media.

So a media which says that everything is so wonderful that even pseudo-Muslims like Shias are enjoying the experience makes the ordinary Saudi feel good.

Actually, it gets better.

The Saudi authorities can claim that any hardships the ordinary Saudi feels is because they spend so much on their haji guests (as a religious duty).

• Advanced Member

Based on my personal experience the Saudi were everything I had heard about and much much worse in treating any body ! But of course the Shia have a special place in their hearts, so the treatment was much worse! 

In Mecca I saw little of Islam’s compassion, but a lot of Saudi Arabia’s neglect:

I did not see compassion from our hosts, I did not see their concern for our welfare

interesting article to read :

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/02/hajj-muslims-mecca-islam-protest-saudi-arabia?0p19G=c

• Advanced Member

Where was Saudi Arabias hospitality and respect towards those killed in the stampedes? 

May Allah break the nose of every person that supports the cursed Saudi clan. The Ka'ba is in the hands of the Shai'taan and God willing it will return to the Muslims (Shia).

• Veteran Member

^And the usual mistreatment and insults to Shias in Medina and Jannatul Baqi... I have no idea how come some ppl even try hard to tell us the goodness of Saudis towards Shias based on their personal journey... How many Saudis (security/people) even knew that you were Shia to begin with.. ? Not around Baqi of course, where they shout 'Mushrik,Mushrik'.

2010: Imam of Mecca calls Shia scholars "apostates" and 10s of other insults.. internet is full of the nonsense from Saudi scholars, gov. and even ppl if anyone is interested.

[

Edited by Noah-
On 9/18/2016 at 11:43 PM, wmehar2 said:

And if that Article wasn't written with perfect grammar would you not criticize it for not looking legitimate?  If the all the Saudi's were so cruel, why would they even bother letting Shia's come immigrate to Hajj if they were so keen on lumping them all as kufrs?

Or do you all of you forget that as muslims you should all be inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and not predispose to call people liars as that is Islam? 

What do anti-shia or extreme Wahabis have to gain by making up stories or asking people to deceive Shii' people by saying they treat them well?

You've already seen some Saudi (many not just some) scholars outwardly call Shia' Kufr, why would they start now with deception?  They're better off just saying no Shia' can come.

Having been there myself, I've seen Shii' people treated with dignity and respect, but there exist few cases where there is mistreatment and that mistreatment extends beyond just the Shia people.

Assuming and judging people without proof, you all to me sound like the very same Saudi/Wahabi people that slighted the Shia.

O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.

The intellect is better than desire, for the intellect makes you a king over your destiny, and desire makes you a slave of your destiny.

The intellect is what arrives at what is correct through reasoning, and recognizes what has not yet happened through what has already taken place.

Use your intellect to understand something when you hear about it-the intellect that examines, that is, and not just the intellect that repeats what it hears, for surely there are many who repeat the knowledge that they hear, and there are few who examine it.

Wowo JazakAllah for opening my eyes brother

• Veteran Member
On 19/09/2016 at 5:43 AM, wmehar2 said:

:salam:

Come on brother, it may be the only time when Saudis speak good of shias.

Just poor tactics to give more confidence to shias in order to ensure they will not lose more income; when more and more shias turn to shrine cities - where I am certain you do meet real hospitality- for their religious tourism.

They try to look attractive to some "good shias", that is just pathetic.