Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
WhoAmI

Definition of Magic and Shirk?

Rate this topic

Salam alaikum. First of all I just want to start with I am young and like watching series/movies/Japanese animations. For the past 2 months I've been really bored because I haven't done what I liked to do I thought videogames/japanese animations which involves sorcery and false god is not permissible to watch or play. The question goes Whats the Shias definition of shirk and magic? for an example some of you brothers recognize the Anime Naruto which involves superhuman powers and false gods Am I allowed to watch It as long as It doesn't affect me ? Another example is the video game world of warcraft where's also involves false gods and magic, there's a false creatures called the old gods and norse mythology and you can be monster that cast magic spells and shapeshift into birds,sea lions and tigers. This won't affect my prayers or believe in the religion and actually I've started to pray Qada prayers that I've missed or done wrong in the past. I haven't been allowed to find the Shias thought about it only sunnis and from what I've read they say Its not good to play or watch these.

24 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Salam alaikum. First of all I just want to start with I am young and like watching series/movies/Japanese animations. For the past 2 months I've been really bored because I haven't done what I liked to do I thought videogames/japanese animations which involves sorcery and false god is not permissible to watch or play. The question goes Whats the Shias definition of shirk and magic? for an example some of you brothers recognize the Anime Naruto which involves superhuman powers and false gods Am I allowed to watch It as long as It doesn't affect me ? Another example is the video game world of warcraft where's also involves false gods and magic, there's a false creatures called the old gods and norse mythology and you can be monster that cast magic spells and shapeshift into birds,sea lions and tigers. This won't affect my prayers or believe in the religion and actually I've started to pray Qada prayers that I've missed or done wrong in the past. I haven't been allowed to find the Shias thought about it only sunnis and from what I've read they say Its not good to play or watch these.

Assalam.

Welcome to the forum.

Who's your Marja'a?:-)

Edited by Haimi

5 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

bismillah.gif

salam1.jpg

You don't need a Marja for this, you are young, watching haram movies/videos will effect how you think, specially when Shirk and sorcery is used. Slowly and but surely it will effect you. This is probably the same category as music. Why do you think pork is forbidden in Islam?? Because pigs are not clean and are shameless animals, if we eat it we will take up the characteristic of this filthy animal. I would suggest the same would happen with movies/video games. There are a lot of other videos that you can watch to cure your boredom and are educational, watch and learn about the universe, or Quran and science etc etc.

Wasalam

Edited by Unity4Imam

11 hours ago, Unity4Imam said:

bismillah.gif

salam1.jpg

You don't need a Marja for this, you are young, watching haram movies/videos will effect how you think, specially when Shirk and sorcery is used. Slowly and but surely it will effect you. This is probably the same category as music. Why do you think pork is forbidden in Islam?? Because pigs are not clean and are shameless animals, if we eat it we will take up the characteristic of this filthy animal. I would suggest the same would happen with movies/video games. There are a lot of other videos that you can watch to cure your boredom and are educational, watch and learn about the universe, or Quran and science etc etc.

Wasalam

Salam, I mean playing or watching games/series like this won't hurt if I play like for an hour and not addicted to it? Is it ok then?

I don't think playing such games or watching animes lile Naruto falls into the Haram category? -correct me if i am wrong- 

As long as you are watching ot for entertainment and not believing in any other God. It shouldn't be a problem. Although yes music or explicit visuals and language can be problem. Its is better to refrain from playing and wasting time. As the imam said we haven't been created to play games.

21 hours ago, Lordofgemini said:

I don't think playing such games or watching animes lile Naruto falls into the Haram category? -correct me if i am wrong- 

As long as you are watching ot for entertainment and not believing in any other God. It shouldn't be a problem. Although yes music or explicit visuals and language can be problem. Its is better to refrain from playing and wasting time. As the imam said we haven't been created to play games.

Yea, I know just like a said just couple of hours when I'm bored and maybe some one weekends but not too much so It will influence me?

6 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Or anything that you think you gonna fall in haram, doesn't matter if it's po.... Or if it's Tom & Jerry cartoon.

Jazakallah khair, If Im about to fall in haram I will immediately stop.

10 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Jazakallah khair, If Im about to fall in haram I will immediately stop.

I just asked for the issue, watching magical animation or games has no problem, just follow the fatwa:-)

Edited by Haimi

8 minutes ago, Ali_Ali_ said:

Do not associate anything or anyone other than Allah.

Remember in Allah and be grateful for your blessings.

I'm not going associate with anyone, I was just asking if it was halal or haram to do such things apparently our brother up there asked about the question and he got an answer that It is halal for me as long as I don't believe in such stuff.

19 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

I'm not going associate with anyone, I was just asking if it was halal or haram to do such things apparently our brother up there asked about the question and he got an answer that It is halal for me as long as I don't believe in such stuff.

You can associate other creation with creation, but don't associate anything with Allah (swt).