Rate this topic

:salam:

I don't know whether this was posted here before or not, so if repetitive, forgive me for sharing it :).

This was made in memory of those who died by the missile of US navy force to the none military Iranian airplane, which was intentionally because the commander of the battle ship which did it was awarded with medal of honor(dishonor)

7 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

The commander was really given a medal of honor?

unfortunately,Yes, This is the nature of US army, killing innocents while they can't kill military forces.

1 minute ago, Hidaren said:

unfortunately,Yes, This is the nature of US army, killing innocents while they can't kill military forces.

May Allah(SWT) curse every single one of them in the army, even the ones that does it only for money. May Allah(SWT) curse whatever action that deserves to get cursed. 

48 minutes ago, David66 said:

Hello,

No, he was not given the Medal of Honor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_C._Rogers_III

All the Best,

David

I think it was 3 years ago that he was given the Medal, if no one edited wikipedia, then it doesn't mean he was not given medal. It is mentioned in the Persian version of wikipedia:

https://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/پرواز_شماره_۶۵۵_ایران_ایر

Edited by Hidaren

40 minutes ago, David66 said:

Hello,

If the Persian version of Wikipedia states the above then it is an error.

Captain Rogers has never been nominated for or received The Medal of Honor.

All the Best,

David

What do you think of "captain" rogers did he get what he deserves according to you?

5 hours ago, David66 said:

No, he was not given the Medal of Honor.

Hello, David. The OP said "medal of honor" not Medal of Honor. That is not the same thing. There was an honor awarded to the captain and it is mentioned in the wikipedia link that you posted above, in a footnote which leads to washingtonpost website:

"The president of the United States takes pleasure in presenting the Legion of Merit"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1990/04/23/2-vincennes-officers-get-medals/cf383f02-05ce-435b-9086-5d61de569ed8/

^ Hello,

You are technically correct.  However, based on context, I do believe Hidaren was referring to The Medal of Honor.  The Medal of Honor is the highest US military honor awarded for valor above and beyond the call of duty.  The Legion of Merit is different.

Probably just a misunderstanding caused by two people conversing with different native languages.  I think your post and mine clears things up.

All the Best,

David

11 minutes ago, David66 said:

I think your post and mine clears things up.

Except for the fact that 290 innocent people were martyred and others were rewarded for doing it. 

Hello,

You believe it to be a fact Captain Rogers was awarded the Legion of Merit for killing 290 people?  I do not believe you do.  However your post fans the flames hatred.

Please do not respond right away.  Take some time and do some reading regarding the events surrounding this tragedy.  I can see how the medal award is seen as insensitive.  But, to suggest the shoot down was a deliberate act and to suggest a person was rewarded for this act by the US government is a gross and harmful analysis.

All the Best,

David

12 hours ago, Hidaren said:

:salam:

I don't know whether this was posted here before or not, so if repetitive, forgive me for sharing it :).

Salam. Thank you for sharing the video. I had not seen it yet. Iranian videos are full of symbolism and quite touching. The rising of the water smashing the ship reminds me of the Red Sea destroying the tyrant. I noticed in the mid part of the video there are 10 men with flags, but at the end there are 11 flags on the sea shore. Seems to me they are waiting for the 12th flag, the return of Imam Zaman AJ. 

symbolism.jpg

1 hour ago, David66 said:

Hello,

You believe it to be a fact Captain Rogers was awarded the Legion of Merit for killing 290 people?  I do not believe you do.  However your post fans the flames hatred.

Please do not respond right away.  Take some time and do some reading regarding the events surrounding this tragedy.  I can see how the medal award is seen as insensitive.  But, to suggest the shoot down was a deliberate act and to suggest a person was rewarded for this act by the US government is a gross and harmful analysis.

All the Best,

David

Where was the apology then? Or is there no apology for accidents in the US government/Military....even though everyone in the world laughs at a US warship not knowing the difference between a civilian aircraft and a military one. 

Anyways those days are gone now. This is the new age.......

http://www.stripes.com/iranian-boats-swarm-us-warship-force-it-to-change-course-in-persian-gulf-1.427427

After this incident some reports say the US wants a channel to communicate through when things like this happens with Iran to which the Iranian response was: Where was your channel when you shot down our civilian plane?

1 hour ago, hameedeh said:

Salam. Thank you for sharing the video. I had not seen it yet. Iranian videos are full of symbolism and quite touching. The rising of the water smashing the ship reminds me of the Red Sea destroying the tyrant. I noticed in the mid part of the video there are 10 men with flags, but at the end there are 11 flags on the sea shore. Seems to me they are waiting for the 12th flag, the return of Imam Zaman AJ. 

symbolism.jpg

You have a great mind in understanding hidden messages of movies like this, I suggest you to watch I pet Goat II animation, it is full of symbols as well and contains the plan of Zionists for the future. You can find it on youtube.

What you said about the awaiting of 12 imam is somehow true, but what I got at the first watch is that 11 represents 11 Imam, and it is a warning that by the belief in these 11 we are doing such things, consider what will happen if we are given the 12th.

Edited by Hidaren

Hello,

3 hours ago, repenter said:

Where was the apology then? Or is there no apology for accidents in the US government/Military....even though everyone in the world laughs at a US warship not knowing the difference between a civilian aircraft and a military one. 

US President, Ronald W. Reagan, Statement on the Destruction of an Iranian Jetliner by the United States Navy Over the Persian Gulf July 3, 1988

"I am saddened to report that it appears that in a proper defensive action by the USS Vincennes this morning in the Persian Gulf an Iranian airliner was shot down over the Strait of Hormuz. This is a terrible human tragedy. Our sympathy and condolences go out to the passengers, crew, and their families. The Defense Department will conduct a full investigation.

We deeply regret any loss of life. The course of the Iranian civilian airliner was such that it was headed directly for the USS Vincennes, which was at the time engaged with five Iranian Boghammar boats that had attacked our forces. When the aircraft failed to heed repeated warnings, the Vincennes followed standing orders and widely publicized procedures, firing to protect itself against possible attack.

The only U.S. interest in the Persian Gulf is peace, and this tragedy reinforces the need to achieve that goal with all possible speed."

All the Best,

David