Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Why the need for discussion on "GHADIR KHUM" now?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykum...,

Some Muslims are of the view that truly the event of "Ghadir Khum" in the tenth year of Hijrah was a reality. But, we are now in a new era, totally different from that age and there is no need for discussion about "Ghadir Khum" at this period against!

Thus, in your candid opinions, why the need for its discussion at this time?

Thanks

• Development Team
16 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

at the event of ghadeer, the following quranic verse was revealed:

[5.67] O Apostle! deliver what has been revealed to you from your Lord; and if you do it not, then you have not delivered His message, and Allah will protect you from the people; surely Allah will not guide the unbelieving people.

the event of ghadeer was as important as the entirety of the prophetic mission itself. 

is this not important to discuss, as muslims, if there is conflict regarding this event? surely we need to determine the truth of it?

the shia believe it was the day that the successor of the holy prophet (pbuh) was announced, and then three days after the event, Imam Ali (as) was placed in a tent, and the prophet (pbuh) made all muslims give their hands in bayah to Ali (as). 

the bakri believe that the prophets most important message of his life was "Ali is my BFF". because bakri logic. 

This right here is essential reading for those ignorant of Ghadir Khumm and insist on continuing their debate about Ghadir Khumm despite their ignorance. You are adding nothing new and the horse is already beaten to death with your unrelenting pride. There are plenty of other subjects to debate besides Ghadir Khumm. 

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
  • Advanced Member

New poster?

This is ShiaChat.com. We discuss 3 topics repeatedly:

1) Ghadir Khumm and Imam Ali as the successor vs. Abu Bakr and Umar

2) Whether tawassul is shirk or not

3) Why aren't my Iranian neighbors religious?

Edited by ChattingwithShias
  • Advanced Member

The Prophet S.A.W announced his Prophethood at the age of 40 and continued preaching until his death at 63. In these 23 years of his hard and tremendous work in which he taught all the principles of religion, under which he went through so many hardships like the loss of his family members, his most beloved wife, loss of many children, underwent constant harassment and in some cases physical torture, in which the entire ummat went through many difficult battles such as Badr, Uhud, Khandaq, Hunain etc etc, losing many true sahaba and other true muslims to martyrdom, and after so much painstaking effort when Mecca was finally conquered and the Prophet S.A.W and the rest of the muslims finally became victorious, as quoted above this last ayat was revealed at Ghadir Khum 

38 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

[5.67] O Apostle! deliver what has been revealed to you from your Lord; and if you do it not, then you have not delivered His message, and Allah will protect you from the people; surely Allah will not guide the unbelieving people.

It obviously implies that if the Prophet S.A.W does not do at Ghadir what he has been instructed, then all those 23 years of pain, labor and hard work, and whatever has been taught amounts to nothing as he will not have done his job.

So, to answer the question of  "why the need for its discussion at this time?" it is very simple, the need will always be there to discuss Ghadir and to bring up Ghadir here and there and EVERYWHERE because as long as the overwhelming majority of the muslims in the world (i.e Sunnis) are still  ignorant / or refuse to accept the message that was declared at Ghadir i.e holding onto Quran and Ahle Bayt A.S and the successor-ship of Ali A.S  (which is found in all their most authentic books) the ummat will continue to remain deprived and will continue to remain in ignorance and devoid of Allah's Message. 

Edited by Kirmani
  • Development Team
26 minutes ago, ChattingwithShias said:

New poster?

This is ShiaChat.com. We discuss 3 topics repeatedly:

1) Ghadir Khumm and Imam Ali as the successor vs. Abu Bakr and Umar

2) Whether tawassul is shirk or not

3) Why aren't my Iranian neighbors religious?

Don't forget number 4: mutah. 

16 minutes ago, Kirmani said:

So, to answer the question of  "why the need for its discussion at this time?" it is very simple, the need will always be there to discuss Ghadir and to bring up Ghadir here and there and EVERYWHERE because as long as the overwhelming majority of the muslims in the world (i.e Sunnis) are still  ignorant / or refuse to accept the message that was declared at Ghadir

the shia will always remember, while the bakri will always forget, that there was only a short amount of time between the hand of Ali (as) being raised by the prophet (pbuh) at ghadeer, and the head of Hussain (as) being raised by a spear at karbala. 

so we will remember ghadeer until qiyamat, despite the muqassir mullahs attempts

• Basic Members

There are some reasons for "Ghadir Khom" to be discussed now. These are: its landmark and its profound impacts on Islamic siciety.

The landmark and importance of this happening, due to its religious-political nature, is worth to be discussed. The leathership of Islamic society determined his Caliph, which is an effective decision. Because the manager personality and attribute of a society are affect on a commnity destination.

• Development Team
1 minute ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

@DigitalUmmah needs to control his tongue. Calling the people of tradition as bakris is not conducive to a peaceful dialogue.

Salaam friend,

I think the term 'bakri', as you understand, is not derogatory or defamatory. As follower of Imam Jafar Sadiq (a.s.) is called as Jafari, similarly follower of Abu bakr can be termed as bakri. Since bakri=goat in urdu language, it gives you a wrong perception.

Why would you not like to associate with the one you follow ?

• Basic Members

THE ISSUE OF GHADIR KHUMM  ( غدیرالخم  )

(a) Shia misrepresentation of Facts

Shias claim that Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) was divinely appointed as Caliph and Successor to Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) at Ghadir khumm, therefore, the caliphate of three Khulafa e Rashideen, before Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) was illegal and usurped. The following is the Shia version of Ghadir Khumm. 

SHIA CLAIM : After completing his last pilgrimage (Hajjatul-Wada), Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was leaving Makka toward Madina, where he and the crowd of people reached a place called Ghadir Khumm. It was a place where people from different provinces used to greet each other before taking different routes for their homes.  In this place, the following verse of the Quran was revealed:

يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ ۖ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ ۗ  (O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don’t do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people)” (Al-Maeda - 67) 

The last sentence in the above verse indicates that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was mindful of the reaction of his people in delivering that message but Allah informs him not to worry, for He will protect His Messenger from people. Then followed the key sentence denoting the clear designation of Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) as the leader of the Muslim Ummah. The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) held up the hand of  Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) and said:

" من كنت مولاه فهذا علي مولاه [For whoever I am his Leader (Mawla), ‘Ali is his Leader (Mawla)]."

Immediately after the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) finished his speech, the following verse of Quran was revealed:

“الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا  (Today I have perfected your religion and completed my favor upon you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion).” (Al-Maeda - 3)

The above verse clearly indicates that Islam without clearing up matter of leadership after Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was not complete, and completion of religion was due to announcement of the Prophet’s (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) immediate successor. 

There are four points in the above Shia claim, as follows. 

(1) After completing his last pilgrimage (Hajjatul-Wada), Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was leaving Makka towards Madina, where he and the crowd of people reached a place called Ghadir Khumm.  Ghadir Khumm was a place where people from different provinces used to greet each other before taking different routes for their homes. Meaning everyone who performed Hajj with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) accompanied him till Ghadir Khumm.

(2) At Ghadir Khumm, a Quranic verse was revealed asking asking the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to announce the Leadership/Caliphate of Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) after him.  In the Quranic verse, Allah assured the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) not to worry about his people, how they will react after the announcement, as He will protect him from them  after the announcement.

(3) The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) announced the leadership of Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) on this place after the verse was revealed.  

(4) After the Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) announcement, another Quranic verse was revealed announcing the completion of religion.

We have discussed these points below to see if Shia are truthful in their claims.

(1) Ghadir Khumm is located in Rabigh Vally, Hejaz, Arabian Peninsula.  During Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) time there was a pond formed by a spring at this place.  

Ghadir Khumm was located at roughly 180 kilometers from both Makka and Madina on the route between Syria and Yemen where travelers used to replenish their drinking water supplies in order to survive in the desert.  Shias claim that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) announced Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) to be his successor at this place in front of the huge crowd  who had performed Hajj with him. 

The claim of Shias that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) announced in front of the all the people who performed Hajj is false, because he did not instruct people to accompany him to Ghadhir Khumm.  Hajj was performed in Makka and after the Hajj, a large number of people went back to their homes in Makka, Taif, Yemen and other areas south of Makka. Madina is in the north of Makka. The people who were the residents of Madina or probably Syria, accompanied the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) till Ghadir Khumm. Thus, not everyone who performed Hajj was with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) at Ghadir Khumm.  The announcement was made in front to a fraction of the crowd who had performed Hajj with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). 

(2) Shias claim that when the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) reached Ghadir Khumm, the following Quranic verse was revealed.  

يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ ۖ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ ۗ  (O Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don’t do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people)” (Al-Maeda - 67)

Above claim is not based on facts. Shias do not write the full verse which would make the whole issue clear. The following is the full text of the verse.

يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ ۖ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ (O'Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don’t do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are kuffar.)” (Al-Maeda - 67).

Shias write only three parts of the above Quranic verse, and claim that  in the Quranic verse, Allah assured the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) not to worry about his people (Muslim Ummah), as to how they will take the announcement as He (Allah) will protect him from them after the announcement. 

When we read the fourth part of that verse, it says :  إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ  (Allah does not guide the people who are unbelievers).  When we read the whole verse, we know that this verse was not meant for Muslims. It was meant for Kuffar.  Shia hide the last part of the verse, and impose it on Muslims and relate it to the announcement of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) in Ghadir Khumm. 

If you read a verse in Quran before the above verse, you will know for whom this verse was revealed. We have provided below both these verses together.

وَلَوْ أَنَّهُمْ أَقَامُوا التَّوْرَاةَ وَالْإِنجِيلَ وَمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِم مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ لَأَكَلُوا مِن فَوْقِهِمْ وَمِن تَحْتِ أَرْجُلِهِم ۚ مِّنْهُمْ أُمَّةٌ مُّقْتَصِدَةٌ ۖ وَكَثِيرٌ مِّنْهُمْ سَاءَ مَا يَعْمَلُونَ    ( And if they had kept up the Taurat and the Injeel and that which was revealed to them from their Lord, they would certainly have eaten from above them and from beneath their feet, there is a party of them keeping to the moderate course, and (as for) most of them, evil is that which they do) (Al-Maeda - 66)

يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ ۖ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ ۗ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الْكَافِرِينَ (O'Apostle! Deliver what has been sent down to you from your Lord; and if you don’t do it, you have not delivered His message (at all); and Allah will protect you from the people. Verily, Allah guides not the people who are kuffar.)” (Al-Maeda - 67).

When you read both the verses together, you will know the reference to context of these verses.  These verses were revealed with reference to Jews and Christians of Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)  time, and were not meant for Muslims, as claimed by Shias. Allah is commanding the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to proclaim Islamic faith fearlessly; assuring him divine protection against the conspiracies of  Jews and Christians. Since the episode of Ghadir Khumm is completely unrelated with the subject matter of these verses, there is strong likelihood that these verses were revealed at another place, in another context.      

(3) Shias also claim that one more verse was revealed at Ghadir Khumm after the announcement of Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) appointing Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) as leader of Ummah.

“الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا  (Today I have perfected your religion and completed my favour upon you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion).” (Al-Maeda - 3)

Shias say:  'the above verse clearly indicates that Islam without clearing up matter of leadership after Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was not complete, and completion of religion was due to announcement of the Prophet’s (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) immediate successor'. 

However, authentic Ahadith narrated in trusted Ahadith books like Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Nasai, etc., confirm the fact that this verse was revealed at Arafa, during Hajj when Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) had finished his farewell sermon.

It is in Hadith - Narrated Tariq bin Shihab , "A Jewish man said to Hadhrat Umar, `O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar bin Al-Khattab (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) asked, `Which is that verse' The Jew replied; 

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا  (Today I have perfected your religion and completed my favour upon you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion).” (Al-Maeda - 3)

Umar replied, 'By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed to Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) . It was the evening on the Day of `Arafah on a Friday.' (Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Nasai).  Bukhari recorded this Hadith through Hassan bin Sabbah from Ja'far bin Awn - رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم ).

Thus, it is clear that, the Shia claim,  that the verse was revealed in Ghadir Khumm after Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) announcement, is not based on facts. They try to mislead people and sow the seeds of misgiving and hatred in people's minds about Sahabah.

(4) We have provided below,  Ahadith related to Ghadir Khumm.  

(i) It is in Hadith - Narrated by Ali Ibn Abi Talib, Zayd Ibn Arqam, S’ad bin Abi Waqqas, Buraida bin Husaib, Abu Ayyub al Ansari, Bara bin Azib, Abdullah Ibn Abbas, Anas bin Malik, Abu Sa’eed and Abu Hurraira (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین) - The Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said : For whosoever I am Mawla then Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) is his Mawla. O' Allah befriend those who befriend Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) and be enemy of those who are enemy to Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ).

[Ahmed (4-370), Ibn Hibban (2205), Ibn Abi Asim (1367, 1368) Haythami (9/104) Tirmidhi (2/298)]

(ii) It is in Hadith - Narrated Buraidah (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) - "I invaded Yemen with Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) and I saw coldness from his part; so when I came (back) to the Apostle of Allah ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) and mentioned Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) and criticized him, I saw the face of the Apostle of Allah ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) change (in anger) and he said : 'O'Buraida (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ), am I not closer to the believers than they are to themselves?' I said 'Yes   O'Apostle of Allah ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم )'.  He (then) said  'Whomsoever's Mawla I am, this Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) is also his Mawla'.

(Musnad Ahmad - v5, p347, #22995 with a Sahih chain of transmission and all trustworthy [thiqa] narrators relied upon by Bukhari and Muslim; an-Nasa'i in Sunan al-Kubra - v5, p45, #8145; al-Hakim in al-Mustadrak - v3,  p119, # 4578; Abu Nu'aym; Ibn Jarir and others)

Shia claim that the meaning of 'Mawla' in the above Ahadith is 'Leader and Master' and therefore,  Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) was divinely appointed as Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) successor. 

Imam Shafi’i said with regards to Mawla in Hadith of Ghadir Khumm, it  is meant 'the bond of Islam'.

Al-Jazari said in an-Nihaayah - The word Mawla is frequently mentioned in Ahadith and it is applied in various meanings, like (1) Lord, (2) Owner, (3) Master, (4) Benefactor, (5) Who frees a slave, (6) Supporter, (7) Who loves another, (8) Follower, (9) Neighbor, (10) Cousin (son of paternal uncle), (11) Ally, (12) In-law, (13) Slave, (14) Freed slave, (15) To whom one has done a favor, etc.  Therefore, the word Mawla should be understood in the manner implied by the context of the Hadith in which it is mentioned.

We are Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a and we proclaim our unwavering faith in whatever meaning the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) implied while declaring Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) as our Mawla. 

Yes, Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) is our Mawla, our Master, our Leader, our Benefactor, our Supporter and our Guide in both the worlds. Yes, indeed, he is one of the successors (Khulafa-e-Rashideen) of Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ), there is no doubt about it.  We believe in all Khulafa e Rashideen;  Hadhrat Abu Bakr, Hadhrat Umar, Hadhrat Uthman, Hadhrat Ali,  Hadhrat Hassan and Hadhrat Hussain (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین).  All of them are our masters, leaders and guides in both the worlds.

Hadhrat Hussain (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) sacrificed his life and life of  his family and friends in protecting الخلافه الراشده Khilafat-e-Rashida.  He showed us the highest standard of Islam; performed Salah while he had uncountable deep bleeding wounds on his body and asked his assassin to wait a few seconds until he finishes his Salah. His head was severed while he was in prostration in front of Allah.

We salute our Khulafa e Rashideen.  Following the footsteps of the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ), you all have shown us the straight path of Islam.

1 hour ago, sunnilove2hussain said:

@DigitalUmmah needs to control his tongue. Calling the people of tradition as bakris is not conducive to a peaceful dialogue.

bakri means one who chooses the path of abu bakr.

alvi means one who chooses the path of Ali (as).

you are a bakri, I am an alvi.

1 hour ago, Umair mudassir said:

The claim of Shias that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) announced in front of the all the people who performed Hajj is false, because he did not instruct people to accompany him to Ghadhir Khumm.  Hajj was performed in Makka and after the Hajj, a large number of people went back to their homes in Makka, Taif, Yemen and other areas south of Makka. Madina is in the north of Makka. The people who were the residents of Madina or probably Syria, accompanied the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) till Ghadir Khumm. Thus, not everyone who performed Hajj was with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) at Ghadir Khumm.  The announcement was made in front to a fraction of the crowd who had performed Hajj with the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم). 

this is just completely wrong.

even if people were from mecca, who did hajj, or from other places, the tradition was for all hajji to go to ghadeer as a junction point where everybody would disperse to their respective countries.

so saying that "the prophet didnt instruct" etc and "not everyone was with the prophet at ghadeer" are strawman arguments.

the most comprehensive resource online regarding ghadeer is here:

https://www.al-islam.org/ghadir/incident.htm

After completing his last pilgrimage (Hajjatul-Wada'), Prophet was leaving Makkah toward Madinah, where he and the crowd of people reached a place called Ghadir Khumm (which is close to today's al-Juhfah).  It was a place where people from different provinces used to greet each other before taking different routes for their homes.

https://www.al-islam.org/ghadir/location.htm

and....you know....its basic common sense. the holy prophet (pbuh) just performed the only hajj of his life, think logically. which sahaba is going to see the prophet leaving for ghadeer and say "my wifes made my favourite curry, Id better rush on home Im sure whatever the prophets about to do isnt important"

Shias write only three parts of the above Quranic verse, and claim that  in the Quranic verse, Allah assured the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) not to worry about his people (Muslim Ummah), as to how they will take the announcement as He (Allah) will protect him from them after the announcement. 

yet another complete lie.

look at post 3 - have I quoted the whole ayah, or part? where have you seen shias not showing the whole aya?

When you read both the verses together, you will know the reference to context of these verses.  These verses were revealed with reference to Jews and Christians of Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)  time, and were not meant for Muslims, as claimed by Shias. Allah is commanding the Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) to proclaim Islamic faith fearlessly; assuring him divine protection against the conspiracies of  Jews and Christians. Since the episode of Ghadir Khumm is completely unrelated with the subject matter of these verses, there is strong likelihood that these verses were revealed at another place, in another context.  

bakris seem to forget that tafsir is a thing.

https://www.al-islam.org/ghadir/credibility.asp

Transmitters of the Ghadir Khumm narration

(as listed by 'Allamah al-'Amini in Al-Ghadir)

from the first generation -  110 Companions (sahabah) of the Prophet
    from the second generation - 84 Successors (tabi'un) who came after the Companions
    from the third generation onwards - 360 Scholars ('ulama) of the Islamic world, from the first to the fourteenth century AH (seventh to twentieth century CE)

(those not explicitly listed by 'Allamah al-'Amini in Al-Ghadir)

from over 200 Other Scholars of the Islamic world, from the first to the fourteenth century AH (seventh to twentieth century CE)

what, shall we just ignore all these narrators/ witnesses to the event....because a sunni online is refusing to mention that tafsir of verses exist?

It is in Hadith - Narrated Tariq bin Shihab , "A Jewish man said to Hadhrat Umar, `O Leader of the Believers! There is a verse in your Book, which is read by all of you (Muslims), and had it been revealed to us, we would have taken that day (on which it was revealed) as a day of celebration.' `Umar bin Al-Khattab (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) asked, `Which is that verse' The Jew replied;

الْيَوْمَ أَكْمَلْتُ لَكُمْ دِينَكُمْ وَأَتْمَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعْمَتِي وَرَضِيتُ لَكُمُ الْإِسْلَامَ دِينًا  (Today I have perfected your religion and completed my favour upon you, and I was satisfied that Islam be your religion).” (Al-Maeda - 3)

Umar replied, 'By Allah! I know when and where this verse was revealed to Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) . It was the evening on the Day of `Arafah on a Friday.' (Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Nasai).  Bukhari recorded this Hadith through Hassan bin Sabbah from Ja'far bin Awn - رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم ).

Thus, it is clear that, the Shia claim,  that the verse was revealed in Ghadir Khumm after Prophet's (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) announcement, is not based on facts. They try to mislead people and sow the seeds of misgiving and hatred in people's minds about Sahabah.

see my previous point. who has the most weighty evidence?

We are Ahle Sunnah wal Jama'a and we proclaim our unwavering faith in whatever meaning the Prophet ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ) implied while declaring Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) as our Mawla.

Yes, Hadhrat Ali (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) is our Mawla, our Master, our Leader, our Benefactor, our Supporter and our Guide in both the worlds. Yes, indeed, he is one of the successors (Khulafa-e-Rashideen) of Prophet Mohammad ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم ), there is no doubt about it.  We believe in all Khulafa e Rashideen;  Hadhrat Abu Bakr, Hadhrat Umar, Hadhrat Uthman, Hadhrat Ali,  Hadhrat Hassan and Hadhrat Hussain (رضئ اللھ تعالی عنہم اجمعین).  All of them are our masters, leaders and guides in both the worlds.

do you even read the things you copy and paste, bakri?

Edited by DigitalUmmah
  • Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Salati AbdulQadir said:

Salaam Alaykum...,

Some Muslims are of the view that truly the event of "Ghadir Khum" in the tenth year of Hijrah was a reality. But, we are now in a new era, totally different from that age and there is no need for discussion about "Ghadir Khum" at this period against!

Thus, in your candid opinions, why the need for its discussion at this time?

Thanks

Thanks you all for your contributions.

Let me start with this simple and straight-forward illustration. "When the root of a plant is weak or damaged, the existence of such a plant is at stake. Likewise, when the foundation of a building (with beautiful structures on it) is faulty, the life span of the whole building is being threatened.

The continuity of the pristine Islam after the demise of the Prophet (s.a.w.a) is only guaranteed with the concept of Imamate/Leadership which is perfected at "Ghadir Khum". In view of this, the event of "Ghadir Khum" is the only basis for the continuity of Islam preached by the noble Prophet of Islam (s.a.w.a).

Deviation from the messages of Ghadir Khum brought about disunity among the Muslims immediately after the Prophet (s.a.w.a) and which continues to the present time. Deviation from the messages of Ghadir Khum leads to the weakness of the Muslim nations. Deviation of Muslims from the messages of Ghadir Khum brings about the present predicaments in the Muslim world..

Thus, the only solution that brings about unity among the Muslims, revives the strength and the lost glory of Islam and the Muslim nations nowadays is going back to the messages of Ghadir Khum. Discussion of the messages of Ghadir Khum at this present age is the only sure way to unify the Muslims back to their origin (i.e. an orthodox Islam preached by the noble Prophet "s.a.w.a").

May Allah continue to be our guard and guide in all our endeavors (Ilahi Amin).