Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest silasun

Make someone's day!

Rate this topic

Guest silasun

Bismillah

In true spirit of the day of Eid, I wanted to make a thread as a gift to my brethren on this site-  a Sadaqa Jariyah if you like (a lasting charity, like funding a library or hospital), with one purpose.

Make someone's day!

Is there someobody on this site whose posts inspire you? Someone who has always been there when you needed a hand? Someone who has inspired you to keep firm to your faith, or take up an important political or social stand?

Tag them in a post and give them an ego rubbing :P  write for them a few words of praise!

Guest silasun

I will get the ball rolling.

@Muhammed Ali

This is  brother who I really look up to. I can't call him a friend because I have not spoke to him much, but I would love to meet him. He is the sort of brother you phone up to go to congregational duhr prayers prayers together, then go to a coffee shop after prayers but spend so long in deep conversation, on all matters of importance, with each other that you end up leaving the coffee shop at maghrib time to go and pray again!

He has excellent akhlaq and works tirelessly for the betterment of our community. I am sure that when he reads this he will ask God to keep him away from self-conceit due to our praise!

He has brilliant posts which reflect an excellent mind. I wish more people would read his posts and I also wish he would post more.

A great influence, and a very positive role model.

34 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

Ohhhh this hard just to name one person!

First I'm going to put forward @Gaius I. Caesar, someone who is incredibly faithful, thoughtful and intelligent. As a fellow revert its very reassuring to have someone who understands your journey and your struggles alhamdulilah. I pray sincerely to Allah (swt) through Ahlulbayt (as) that he will be blessed with the opportunity to ziyarat very soon inshallah. 

I have been on this site for over a decade - gaius is honestly one of the best members to ever sign up here

hmm i like @hameedeh for her inspring work and kindness towards us shiachatters @Heavenly_Silkfor being incredibly awesome and kind and the person who made that how to be positive blog page, i think thats what its called. as for posts there arent specific members i like because at time some members post very interesting posts.Also where is @Nader Zaveri i wish he would post more i really think he is a thoughtful brother

@Khadim uz Zahra

For his... colorful posts over the years.

An example:

On 1/20/2012 at 3:48 PM, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Yes, she is Her Purply Purple Ducthess of Purple Isles found on Purplon in the Pulpy Galaxy in Violet Constellation.

Another to celebrate his modship:

On 1/20/2012 at 10:24 AM, Khadim uz Zahra said:

Umm, actually, she was not saying she is bluey but rather that Replicant is bluey because he is now a blue mod! :D

:hahaha:

@Khadim uz Zahra It was gonna get out eventually!

17 hours ago, zainabamy said:

Ohhhh this hard just to name one person!

First I'm going to put forward @Gaius I. Caesar, someone who is incredibly faithful, thoughtful and intelligent. As a fellow revert its very reassuring to have someone who understands your journey and your struggles alhamdulilah. I pray sincerely to Allah (swt) through Ahlulbayt (as) that he will be blessed with the opportunity to ziyarat very soon inshallah. 

Thank you very much, Amy; you are a very good sister and overall, good human being. I have the deepest respect for you.  You are very kind, pious and thoughtful as well. You are also very inspiring to me and I wish I had the  taqwa and the same level of love for the Ahlulbayt (as) as you. Even though you are younger than me, I look up to you. 

Insha'Allah, I will go on Ziyarat soon, sis. 

16 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I have been on this site for over a decade - gaius is honestly one of the best members to ever sign up here

I am? Wow, well I didn't know that you and @zainabamy felt that highly of me, I feel almost unworthy of the praise. 

Guest silasun

@Marbles

Spends all his day earing roti (couldn't think of another Pakistani food) and reading

Is bearable at times............

:clap:

Of course kidding. I love me some Marbles. A top lad, on point with the banter all the way from Pakistan. Seems a genuinely nice guy.

I praised him like a year ago, he replied that we need to converse iirc. I still haven't talked to him...

Typical.

Edited by silasun

Guest silasun

I feel surprised how much I am encouraged to become a God conscious person by a person who has never encouraged me to be a God conscious person.

@notme

Edited by silasun
Replaced "be" with "become"- self conceit is a dangerous vice!

Guest silasun

@LeftCoastMom

Everybody's favourite Christian aunty! (For the record LCM, Middle Easterners refer to elders as aunties and uncles)!

May God help the oppressed men and women throughout the world, and aid you in your struggle.

Guest silasun
4 hours ago, Haimi said:

No one, no one can be like @hameedeh

I didn't see anything wrong from her, her duty in the forum etc... She's just such a nice person, Masha'Allah & Alhamdulellah.

/Respect

This is in danger of becoming Hameedeh appreciation thread 2... I think everyone, everyone, loves her like their own family.

On September 12, 2016 at 1:11 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

shout out to all the sisters, who all the brothers want to tag in but are too shy. 

brothers - FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BOLD. 

On September 13, 2016 at 3:45 AM, strangelove said:

Fortune doesn't favour the bold in this case

On 9/13/2016 at 9:40 PM, Sumayyeh said:

@zainabamy For being the Star that always shines

(I could go on and on, but we'll leave it at that :) )

@hameedeh For being amazingly nice at all times (how do you do that lol?)

@StarryNight For being my buddy

Aww my dear buddy @Sumayyeh you are so nice mashAllah. May Allah swt always protect you <3 

Guest silasun

@Sheikh Voldemort

@Ali-F

Old friends may not be in contact with you too often, but they have a certain place in your heart (even if they are nose-less)

I love you my brothers!

Edited by silasun

@baradar_jackson for offering a certain degree of unintentional amusement in their content.

@notme for writing good posts and liking mine.

@Bakir for being so nice.

@magma and @IbnSina for rolling with the punches

@uponthesunnah for being akhlaqi even though everyone has become annoyed with him at some point even if we like him

@Martyrdom and @rinneganMahdi for mastering all the advanced forbidden jutsus

Guest silasun

@Haydar Husayn

A very interesting bro with a lot to say of benefit on Islam and the West. I like a lot of his posts.

@baradar_jackson 

Your go-to person if you are loving with a group of politically backwards people. Is a good bit of comic relief.

@magma

One of my favourite posters, a very nice guy with a lot to benefit!

@yusur317 @Bakir @enigma313 @Heavenly_Silk The nice people and friends of the chatroom! Can benefit this site a lot as a quadruple, at the very least based on good posts which I have benefitted a lot from (I don't go stalking what you wrote 3 months ago lol, but don't expect much different)!

@repenter everybody's favourite doogh drinking, pocket tanks playing, sabzi eating, bodybuilding, bell pepper hating admin.

Edit: forgot to add @Khadim uz Zahra to the list of "friends"... does that say a lot?!!! =P

Kidding of course, KuZ is my fave!:cuddle: 

Edited by silasun

Thank you @ShiaChat for making me the most liked poster of the week, third most in the month, and fourth most in the year!

You are not doing this to like me, you are doing this to like yourselves. You have exceptional vision and taste, of the sweet and wholesome. Each "like" is a rustling feather in your cap and a sip of water from the gushing river of love, honor, and victory. WIN, WIN, WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

@silasun and @all those on the path of Wilayat

اَلْحَمْدُ للهِ الّذى جَعَلَنا مِنَ الْمُتَمَسِّكينَ بِوِلايَةِ اَميرِ الْمُؤْمِنينَ وَالاَئِمَّةِ عَلَيْهِمُ السَّلامُ     

Praise be to Allah, who blessed us to be among -those who cling and hold to the "Wilayaat" (love, and authority) of Ameer Al Momineen and all the Imams, peace be on them all.

Eid al-Ghadeer Mubarak

:salam: 

you're too kind silasun! Thanks for tagging me =D 

I have far too many to tag!! Though not necessarily for threads, just talking to them generally inspires me spiritually and motivates me to do better in life. 

To start with, you @silasun, for being awesome and super kind! An exemplary person to follow. You're very polite and creative in your thinking. No problem is too big for silasun! "Where there is a will, there is a way" 

@Khadim uz Zahra and his strange personalised nicknames. There's lots to say about khadim. We all know him, so I'm pretty sure your list is just as long as mine. One of the best people i have come across!  Always know i can count on him to ask questions, relevant to faith or not. He's helped me on many occassions. Especially with my story writing that i kinda sorta abandoned.... sorry!! >_< 

@Noor al Batul, who's disappeared off to who knows where needs a tag too! She's inspired me to read more! Though there's still plenty of space for improvement there. She's made me love germany just a little more too.  

@Cake, you inspire me to study religion more. You are one of the few people who managed to tolerate my annoying stubborn nature, though even you came VERY close to giving up lol 

@enigma and @Heavenly_Silk, you two inspire me to be strong in life and faith, despite circumstances. @enigma inspired me to take up running again too :)

@Qa'im... I mean, have you read his posts?! 

@repenter, with his recent bloggs has inspired me to become a female hulk. :brucelee: 

To be honest, there are far too many to tag. I love you all! SC has just become another much bigger family for me :) 

Guest silasun

@yusur317

"An exemplary person to follow"?!!!

Sheesh, I know there is a high inflation rate and all... but you need to take it easier!!

And I cannot believe you used the word creative to describe a wannabe engineer. We fix problems, not figuring out the most beautiful way of doing it! I used to get the worst grades in art class back in the day lol!

@Qa'im 

100% certified legend. One of the best guys on here.

@starlight @apofomysback

Supermoms! God protect you and your families!

Edited by silasun

I always wanted to appreciate some of the members' approach, so I think Now Is The Time:

Brother @skamran110 for his non-stop participation in Shia-Sunni discussions and defending Ahlulbayt in a respectful manner.

@mostafaa and @mighdad for answering the unanswered fiqhi questions.

@E.L King (The Batman) and @IbnSina for their ghayoraneh and courageous stance on cultural matters such as hijab issue. I can't talk about the details, but don't let any lavmatal laem discourage you. Ibnsina, keep your marg bar amrika up!

Sister @mina for being revolutionary even where revolutionaries become conservative, without being afraid of the blame of the blamers.

@silasun for being God-fearing and of course delicious and sweet like Iranian limou shirin's.

And all our brothers and sisters, especially the humble ones and those whom you can see their concern over the world and Ummah.

ربنا... ولا تجعل فی قلوبنا غل للذین ءامنوا ربنا انک رئوف رحیم

"Our Lord...do not set up in our hearts rancor towards (the ones) who have believed. Our Lord, surely You are Ever-Compassionate, Ever-Merciful." [59:10]

Edited by kamyar

Guest silasun

@kamyar 

One of my best friends here. I like him more than I like lawashak لواشک

And that's saying something. Lawashak is darn good, bro!

Edited by silasun

On 9/20/2016 at 5:52 PM, habib e najjaar said:

To SC's most successful Rishta aunt to date. Too bad I can't tag her, but I will link her this thread. 

I bet i got some of you thinking now. :D

Do you have ANY IDEA how many younglings's emotions you played with here ????

@habib e najjaar  One of the coolest members of SC , I wish she would post more.