Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Soldiers and Saffron

The modern hijab of women and the best one

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I think a lot of people need to watch this video. The women in this video is honest about how she finds Hijab difficult but continues to wear it for the sake of Allah.

I don't also agree with how men criticise women for how they wear hijab. A women is trying her best and you have these people saying "there is no point", "her hijab has no meaning". Like everyone is going through a struggle and there is no point in putting down all those who wear the hijab. 

I see many guys dressed like one direction themselves and when they see a women having some sort of fashion, they get all fired up. We should look at our own faults before criticizing others.

For sure the hijab of the women, especially in the west its huge struggle and nobody can deny it nor diminish its worth. And for sure for some people, they feel the best about themselves when they criticize others.

Yet this is not a discussion regarding how hard it is to practice the hijab nor about trying to feel good by criticizing others.

Rather this is a discussion about what the ideal hijab is as described and practiced by Ahlul Bayt(as), a discussion about what the purpose of the hijab is on principal level, the development of the modern hijab, the direction it is heading, who it is that affects the development and why we let ourselves get affected.

We must confess that there are forces who are actively working towards the extinction of the islamic hijab because not only do they make money on it but they make our sisters feel like they are only worth anything if they are beautiful for the public and who decides what beautiful is today? They make concepts such as self confidence, personality development, intellectual aspirations, etc, obsolete and only want our sister to think they are worth anything if the public finds them beautiful and make them into people who does anything in order to get validated.

May Allah swt bless who ever does jihad for the sake of His Pleasure, regardless of what type of jihad it is and to what extent it is.

Modern hijab is colorful. Modern hijab is not careful to cover every hair. Women wear makeup and beatify themselves with modern hijab. Here are some examples of modern hijab:

Hasht-Behesht_Palace_santur.jpg

204f23a3e81a8b31ed23e078b4f1d12a.jpg

14_Woman-with-flowers-FLAT-e136275948285

musicians_and_their_instruments.jpg

Passion-for-Perfection-Islamic-art-11.jp

e34ca3a07b52ff104ba16d6bf237973f.jpg

Point is people are always people. The golden days are tinted with nostalgia, but were in truth not better than today. In many ways today is better because more people have access to knowledge.

There are criteria for hijab, and women will either meet those criteria or not, but within the criteria there's a lot of variation. 

Skin covered except hands and face (and some marjas say feet), not see-through or tight, not with the intention of alluring men, not an object of ridicule or attire characteristic of men. That's the criteria. What a woman chooses to wear within that criteria is up to her. A woman in burqa is neither superior nor inferior to a woman in loose clothing with a scarf. 

Edited by notme

3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

@notme Would you say that there is such a thing as the ideal hijab?

Ideal hijab covers hair, all skin except face and hands, is not see-through or tight. It doesn't make the wearer an object of ridicule, is not worn with the intention of attracting lustful looks, and is not attire characteristic of men or of unbelievers. 

Hijab is not only modesty, it is also reaching out. Different individuals in different circumstances require different clothing. 

You wouldn't wear a business suit to work as a bricklayer. 

Edited by notme

Just now, notme said:

Ideal hijab covers hair, all skin except face and hands, is not see-through or tight. It doesn't make the wearer an object of ridicule, is not worn with the intention of attracting lustful looks, and is not attire characteristic of men or of unbelievers. 

Hijab is not only modesty, it is also reaching out. 

by hair you mean every inch of it right?

Just now, notme said:

Yes, but I'm not willing to condemn a fellow believer for accidental slippage.

if its accidental but what if its on purpose like this one here below

4 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

7c6fea8db22acabcb4d8fea6c2456888.jpg

Just now, Lion33 said:

if its accidental but what if its on purpose like this one here below

That doesn't meet the criteria for covering, but I'll condemn her less than a man who doesn't support his family. She's appears to be trying. 

1 minute ago, notme said:

That doesn't meet the criteria for covering, but I'll condemn her less than a man who doesn't support his family. She's appears to be trying. 

There is no need to condemn anyone, but there is a need to question.

3 minutes ago, notme said:

Of course a man should support his family nobody said anything about that but how is she trying? She could easily move the hijab 2 or 3 inches and wear it properly. Dont you think?

Edited by Lion33

11 minutes ago, Lion33 said:

how is she trying? She could easily move the hijab 2 or 3 inches and wear it properly. Dont you think?

Who knows what cultural or social pressure she faces. If I knew her, I might ask her to attend a lecture on hijab with me, or gift her a book on hijab. Better to teach than to preach, don't you agree?

Just now, notme said:

Who knows what cultural or social pressure she faces. If I knew her, I might ask her to attend a lecture on hijab with me, or gift her a book on hijab. Better to teach than to preach, don't you agree?

I think preaching is good and also the giving of books and lectures on hijab so I agree with you for the most part on this issue. Still I know a few girls who do the half hijab thing here in Cali but most of them do the full hijab and so I am sure its not that hard. Those girls probably think that the half hijab thing makes the look more attractive but in all honesty it doesn't look good and actually girls that wear the hijab properly look more attractive anyways.

Like these girls below here look super hot but the one with the half hijab just looks like a confused idiot.

4 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

4b73cc94eb267f4adf3e63527695ba14.jpg

e91e28360ba382f12207d36c546f858c.jpg

11 minutes ago, Lion33 said:

I think preaching is good and also the giving of books and lectures on hijab so I agree with you for the most part on this issue. Still I know a few girls who do the half hijab thing here in Cali but most of them do the full hijab and so I am sure its not that hard. Those girls probably think that the half hijab thing makes the look more attractive but in all honesty it doesn't look good and actually girls that wear the hijab properly look more attractive anyways.

Like these girls below here look super hot but the one with the half hijab just looks like a confused idiot.

Looking attractive or not looking attractive has nothing to do with hijab brother, you dont wear it for the sake of men, nor do you not wear it for the sake of men.

To wear it is obedience to Allah swt, to not wear it is disobedience to Allah swt and what I think they look like or what you think they look like has no meaning or value.

Edited by IbnSina