Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
S. Shuja

Are Arabs supreme in Islam?

Rate this topic

From the Islamic and Quranic point of view, neither Arabs nor non-Arabs are superior to one another. Both are created from a single male and female. What makes them superior to others, is their good character. Their acquired virtues such as sincere faith and good deeds can win them Allah's satisfaction. Geographical belongings, socio-political status, racial and tribal affiliations and the like have nothing to do with the prosperity of man in the worlds. The only criterion in the Islamic worldview is piety. Piety -being a game changer- can make a big difference in one's life and his aftermath.

Allah, the most Exalted, says:

یا أَیُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْناكُمْ مِنْ ذَكَرٍ وَ أُنْثى وَ جَعَلْناكُمْ شُعُوباً وَ قَبائِلَ لِتَعارَفُوا إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِنْدَ اللَّهِ أَتْقاكُمْ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلیمٌ خَبیرٌ

O mankind! Indeed, we created you from a male and a female, and made you nations and tribes that you may identify yourselves with one another. Indeed, the noblest of you in the sight of Allah is the most God-wary among you. Indeed, Allah is all-knowing, all-aware.

The Noble Prophet of Islam also says:

إنّ النّاس من عهد آدم إلى يومنا هذا مثل أسنان المشط، لا فضل للعربيّ على العجميّ، و لا للأحمر على الأسود، إلّا بالتّقوى

Surely people from the period of Adam until now are like the teeth of a comb: there is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab and of the red over the black except on the basis of piety.”

Thus, Arabs are neither superior nor inferior to others in Islam.

May God Bless You

Source: The Fundamental Equality of Humanity

Ahsant, point to remember is that our bodies does not belong to us, nor do we have any power to decide into what "race" we get born into, so to cling to some kind of self made sense of false pride is no good nor constructive for your ruh and iman.

The things we do have power over however and the things we do decide are our actions, and it is by our actions during life on dunya that we will be finally judged.

bismillah.gif

salam1.jpg

Not only Arabs are not superior over anyone else, The Holy Quran says that Arabs are the worst people. Sorry I can not find the verse, if anyone can find it please let us know. I know there is one Hadeeth that Mohammad s.a.w. says: "I am an Arab, but Arabs are not from me".

ws2.png

3 minutes ago, Unity4Imam said:

bismillah.gif

salam1.jpg

Not only Arabs are not superior over anyone else, The Holy Quran says that Arabs are the worst people. Sorry I can not find the verse, if anyone can find it please let us know. I know there is one Hadeeth that Mohammad s.a.w. says: "I am an Arab, but Arabs are not from me".

ws2.png

Quran:

The Arabs are the worst in disbelief and hypocrisy, and the most likely to ignore the laws that Allah has revealed to His messenger. Allah is Omniscient, Most Wise. (9:97)

1 minute ago, certainclarity said:

Quran:

The Arabs are the worst in disbelief and hypocrisy, and the most likely to ignore the laws that Allah has revealed to His messenger. Allah is Omniscient, Most Wise. (9:97)

Thank you bro

Edited by Unity4Imam

@certainclarity @Unity4Imam

Maybe the Arabs refereed to was the Arabs of the time living there and not all arabs for all eternity.

What does the tafsir say?

Edited by IbnSina

5 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

Quran:

Assalam.

Remember in this verse A'arab means the people who lived in desert, and that means they are more Monafiq and Kafir than people who lives in the city, otherwise I'm sure our beloved Ma'asoomins were Arab.

Wassalam. 

1 minute ago, IbnSina said:

Maybe the Arabs refereed to was the Arabs of the time living there and not all arabs for all eternity.

Tafsir says people who lives in desert, let us say layman's.

Actually الاعرابی means people who lives in desert.

Wassalam.

Just now, Haimi said:

Tafsir says people who lives in desert, let us say layman's.

Actually الاعرابی means people who lives in desert.

Wassalam.

It does not mention anything about the people of that time? Should one assume it referees to all time then?

2 minutes ago, Haimi said:

Assalam.

Remember in this verse A'arab means the people who lived in desert, and that means they are more Monafiq and Kafir than people who lives in the city, otherwise I'm sure our beloved Ma'asoomins were Arab.

Wassalam. 

Wasalam.

Of course God is not talking about Ahlul Bayt a.s. The Holy Quran talks about the hypocrite Arabs such as Abu Sufiyani and the people like Ahle Saud al Yahood!

Just now, IbnSina said:

It does not mention anything about the people of that time? Should one assume it referees to all time then?

Assalam.

In other verses it is like what you say.

That's why we call it: History:-)

<3 Arabs

Btw I was miss you brother, so much, thou I lost illidan forever! :-)

Wassalam.

2 minutes ago, Unity4Imam said:

Wasalam.

Of course God is not talking about Ahlul Bayt a.s. The Holy Quran talks about the hypocrite Arabs such as Abu Sufiyani and the people like Ahle Saud al Yahood!

Assalam.

In some verses yes it's like that, like:

Cursed tree, الشجرة الملعونة.

Wassalam.

I think you guys are getting confused a little. First of all, remember that Arabs are not superior nor are they inferior. Just like the Holy Prophet s.a.w.a said the only difference is taqwa.

Also the verse in the Holy Quran is talking about the A‘arab which means desert Bedouin who are lawless tribal. Just like @Haimi said.

15 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

This is refering to specific Arabs . The Al- makes it specific Arabs who chose disbelief and hypocrisy when truth has come to them .

This is not refering to a specific time, but is refering to all these kind of Arabs thru out time , as they are worse in comparison to others if they choose to disbelief .

The word kufr also means those who conceal the truth.

We also see this clearly in many Arabs now adays also.

We have plenty of Hadith that the Qaim will be most severe with the these kind of Arabs, and these traits are more in Arabs than other people ...

Edited by certainclarity

Is it not a pride that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Imam Ali (a.s), Bibi Fatima (s.a), Husnain (a.s) were Arabs?

Is it not a pride that arabic language has been mentioned as "Arabiye Mubeen" in Quran and whole Quran is revealed in arabic language?

We should avoid making absurd comments. Yes the dwellers of desert have been mentioned as worst in disbelieve & hypocricy, but that does not mean we reduce the value of Arabs & Arabic language.  

1 minute ago, Spiritual said:

Is it not a pride that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Imam Ali (a.s), Bibi Fatima (s.a), Husnain (a.s) were Arabs?

Is it not a pride that arabic language has been mentioned as "Arabiye Mubeen" in Quran and whole Quran is revealed in arabic language?

We should avoid making absurd comments. Yes the dwellers of desert have been mentioned as worst in disbelieve & hypocricy, but that does not mean we reduce the value of Arabs & Arabic language.  

salam1.jpg

Take it easy brother, its not my opinion, this is what our Prophet s.a.w. said, "I am an Arab, but Arabs are not from me". Arabs have nothing to do with our Prophets or our Imams! Allah has created the universe because of the Prophet Mohammad s.a.w and his Holy household. Allahuma sall e alla Mohammad wa all e Mohammad.

16 minutes ago, Unity4Imam said:

salam1.jpg

Take it easy brother, its not my opinion, this is what our Prophet s.a.w. said, "I am an Arab, but Arabs are not from me". Arabs have nothing to do with our Prophets or our Imams! Allah has created the universe because of the Prophet Mohammad s.a.w and his Holy household. Allahuma sall e alla Mohammad wa all e Mohammad.

Brother, I am not an Arab so dont expect that i am getting emotional here.

Secondly, how many companions of Imam Ali (a.s) were Arab? How many companions of Imam Hussain were Arabs? 

In last i would like to know the chain of narrators of this hadith. Is it mutawatir or hasan or zaeef? 

"Surah Al-Jumua, Verse 2:

هُوَ الَّذِي بَعَثَ فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ رَسُولًا مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ

He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Apostle from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them,"

I dont know what you are going to translate the meaning of "minhum" here.

"Surah An-Nahl, Verse 103:

لِّسَانُ الَّذِي يُلْحِدُونَ إِلَيْهِ أَعْجَمِيٌّ وَهَٰذَا لِسَانٌ عَرَبِيٌّ مُّبِينٌ

The tongue of him whom they reproach is barbarous, and this is clear Arabic tongue."

Edited by Spiritual

2 hours ago, Unity4Imam said:

bismillah.gif

salam1.jpg

ws2.png

The word Arab is not found in the Quran, the verse says al a3rab

I don't see the point of argument...

I think it is very obvious which type of Arabs the Quran is talking about. Whether Bedouin or not. 

It is talking about " CERTAIN/ SPECIFIC " type of Arabs that are worse in disbelief and hypocrisy .

Just look thru out history after the death of the prophet and Wahabis now adays ... Many may even have university degrees and are not Bedouins...

But the mentallity of these sort of Arabs have not changed since centuries.

The prophet came to them, the Quran was revealed in Arabic, yet these specific ignorant Arabs have not changed.

Hence these kind of specific Arab people who do kufr and are Monafiq are worse than Kafirs who don't know Arabic at all...

This verse is not about the believing Arabs who supported the prophet.

These kind of Hypocrite Arabs , whose language is Arabic , yet, hide the truth of the Quran which is in Arabic are the worst ...

This is not time bound... It is addressing all those who fall into this category...

Edited by certainclarity

50 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

The prophet came to them, the Quran was revealed in Arabic, yet these specific ignorant Arabs have not changed.

Hence these kind of specific Arab people who do kufr and are Monafiq are worse than Kafirs who don't know Arabic at all...

Brother, this is not the topic. Nasibiyat is present in Pashtoons of Afghanistan & Pakistan, you can also find genuine believers in Pashtoons too. 

50 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

Again the same absurd argument, and off topic. Why you're unable to see ignorant Persians, Afghans, Pakistani's, Indians etc. Why only Arabs? Prophet does no came for Arabs only.

Secondly, it is a fazilat for Arabs that Prophet(pbuh) was an Arab, Imam ul muttaqeen (a.s) was an Arab, Quran revealed in Arabic. This is a pride for believers who are Arabs. If these all were persian, every persian believer can feel proud on that.

Your comments basically targeting the believers instead of Nasibi's or hypocrites or kafirs. 

Just now, certainclarity said:

I don't see the point of argument...

I think it is very obvious which type of Arabs the Quran is talking about. Whether Bedouin or not. 

It is talking about " CERTAIN/ SPECIFIC " type of Arabs that are worse in disbelief and hypocrisy .

Just look thru out history after the death of the prophet and Wahabis now adays ... Many may even have university degrees and are not Bedouins...

But the mentallity of these sort of Arabs have not changed since centuries.

This verse is not about the believing Arabs who supported the prophet.

These kind of Hypocrite Arabs , whose language is Arabic , yet, hide the truth of the Quran which is in Arabic are the worst ...

This is not time bound... It is addressing all those who fall into this category...

You clearly don't know Arabic and you are obviously jealous of Arabs.

The Verse is speaking about الاعراب and not general Arabs - so you cannot use a specific Verse and use it generally. 

18 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

Brother, this is not the topic. Nasibiyat is present in Pashtoons of Afghanistan & Pakistan, you can also find genuine believers in Pashtoons too. 

Again the same absurd argument, and off topic. Why you're unable to see ignorant Persians, Afghans, Pakistani's, Indians etc. Why only Arabs? Prophet does no came for Arabs only.

Secondly, it is a fazilat for Arabs that Prophet(pbuh) was an Arab, Imam ul muttaqeen (a.s) was an Arab, Quran revealed in Arabic. This is a pride for believers who are Arabs. If these all were persian, every persian believer can feel proud on that.

Your comments basically targeting the believers instead of Nasibi's or hypocrites or kafirs. 

I think it is very clear, this is nothing got to do with believing Muslims who practise taqwa , whether Arab or non Arab .

That is why it is in surah tawba.

All of the above nationalities who delibertly chose kufr and nefaq are worse, but when the Quran comes in your mother tongue , and you still choose to disbelief, it is worse, than those who don't understand Arabic at all.

People who don't speak Arabic can be easily fooled with wrong translations ...

But hypocrite Arabs have no excuse to reject, the prophet,the ahlul bayt, the Quran that was revealed in Arabic, that is why it says in the Quran:

"We have made the Qur'an easy in your language so that they may take heed it."  (Qur'an 44:58)

"If We had made it a FOREIGN Quran, they would have said, ‘If only its verses were clear! What? Foreign speech to an Arab?’ Say, ‘It is guidance and healing for those who have faith, but the ears of the disbelievers are heavy, they are blind to it, it is as if they are being called from a distant place.’ (Qur'an 41:44)

So when Allah says:

"We have sent it down as an Arabic Qur'an so you people may understand / reason" (Qur'an 12:2)

13 minutes ago, The Batman said:

You clearly don't know Arabic and you are obviously jealous of Arabs.

The Verse is speaking about الاعراب and not general Arabs - so you cannot use a specific Verse and use it generally. 

Brother, you clearly did not read my post properly . I mentioned SPECIFIC  kind of hypocrite Arabs.Kindly reread again .

How different are the wahabi Arabs from the Bedouin Arabs ?

There is no need to be jeolous of any body, specially wahabi and Monafiq Arabs lol

Edited by certainclarity

The fact is you are doing self-tafsir which is haram unless you have background knowledge of the Holy Qur'an.

I checked out all the tafaseer and none of them support what you say, they all say this is specifically speaking about the bedouins - only. Not Arabs who go to University or whatever you said.

2 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

hypocrite Arabs have no excuse to reject, the prophet,the ahlul bayt, the Quran that was revealed in Arabic, that is why it says in the Quran

Ask the supreme leader then, and ask ayatullah sistani, why they prohibited to curse those hypocrites? Why ammunity has been given to 3 hypocrites?

Now where the verse of chapter 9 says Arabs? Are you unable to see the difference between Arab & Al-Aaraab? 

Strange thing is that you believe Prophet & Aimma e Tahireen are " hujjatullahe alal khlaq", yet you're continue to emphasize on Arabs. Your brothers in Iraq, Syria & Lebnon will hate you for such comments. 

26 minutes ago, Spiritual said:

Ask the supreme leader then, and ask ayatullah sistani, why they prohibited to curse those hypocrites? Why ammunity has been given to 3 hypocrites?

Now where the verse of chapter 9 says Arabs? Are you unable to see the difference between Arab & Al-Aaraab? 

Strange thing is that you believe Prophet & Aimma e Tahireen are " hujjatullahe alal khlaq", yet you're continue to emphasize on Arabs. Your brothers in Iraq, Syria & Lebnon will hate you for such comments. 

This is my last statement . I said *SPECIFIC* HYPOCRITE ARABS, not Arabs in general .

***Wahabi type of Arabs ***They are no different from Bedouin Arabs/ Araab.

Unless you agree with wahabi Islam which is based on hypocrisy .

I am talking about all Wahabi hypocrite Arabs , whose mother tongue is Arabic yet, they spread falsehood, and call themselves custodians of the Holy kabaa.

Edited by certainclarity

11 minutes ago, certainclarity said:

This is my last statement . I said *SPECIFIC* HYPOCRITE ARABS. 

I hate hypocrites, for me there is no difference in an Arab hypocrite or a Persian hypocrite. 

I hate nasibi's irrespective of their nationalities. 

For me Aimma e Tahireen are "hujjatullahe alal khalq" not "hujjalullahe alal Arab". This is what you're missing.

On 9/12/2016 at 10:11 AM, certainclarity said:

This is my last statement . I said *SPECIFIC* HYPOCRITE ARABS, not Arabs in general .

I am talking about all Wahabi hypocrite Arabs , whose mother tongue is Arabic yet, they spread falsehood, and call themselves custodians of the Holy kabaa.

Too bad for you [that] hypocrites are of all races. Wahabbis are not only Arabs - they are from all races.

[MOD NOTE: The word "that" was inserted to make sure that others do not think that The Batman was putting certainclarity in a category of "you hypocrites".]

Hello everybody, this is my first time posting on SC.

Even if the Qur'an does not specify whether or not Arabs are superior or inferior, Islam seems posit that Allah prefers Arabs to all others. Let me explain how I see this.

All the Muslims I have asked about this say the same thing: that linguistic translations of the Qur'an are not actually true Qur'an; that if I read the Qur'an in English, or French, or Cantonese, etc... I can never truly understand it because I'm not reading it in Arabic. This means that native speakers of Arabic are the only ones who can truly truly  understand its teachings.

Now, some of my Muslim friends counter that statement by saying "Well, you could learn Arabic and read it for yourself." But actually, this is fallacious. It takes decades to study a language and learn it thoroughly enough to completely comprehend it. I have been speaking Spanish for over a decade, and I'm still not even close to being an expert. Because at the root of all learned languages, comprehension takes place in the first language. Meaning, when I hear Spanish, I have to translate it in my own head to understand it. This is the case for most people who have learned a second language in adulthood, we hear, translate it, and comprehend it. Therefore, even if I learned Arabic really well, I would still be reading a translation of the Arabic Qur'an... my own translation.

So  Allah, as characterized in Islam, does not deal with mankind fairly or justly. He does not give everyone the same opportunity to study and understand his Word.

This is very different than the way that Allah is characterized in the Bible; John, one of the disciples of Jesus, shares with us his prophetic vision of the End Times, in Revelation 5

And they sang a new song, saying, “Worthy are you to take the scroll and to open its seals, for you were slain, and by your blood you ransomed people for God from every tribe and language and people and nation, and you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth."
(Rev 5:9-10)

God accepts praise and prayer in every language. It doesn't make sense that he would suddenly change his mind centuries later (with the inception of Islam).
What are your thoughts on this?