Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
AbbaJaan

Fadak belonged to Imam after Prophet not Fatima.

Rate this topic

علي بن إبراهيه، عن أبيه، عن ابن أبي عنير، عن حفص بن البختري، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلاو قال:

الأىفال ما له يوجف عليه بخيل ولا ركاب، أو قوو صالحوا، أو قوو أعطوا بأيديهه، وكل أرض خربة

وبطون الأودية فهو لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وهو للاماو من بعده يضعه حيث يشاء

Abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) said:”Al-Anfal is such property for the acquisition of which no camels or horses are use and no armed expeditions are undertaken. It is the property that may come as a result of negotiated settlement or certain people would give with their own hands, may come from a barren land or from inside the valleys. Such properties belong to the Messenger of Allah and it will belong to the Imam(leader) after the the Messenger of Allah. The Imam(leader) will spend them as he may consider proper.”(Al Kafi, Chapter The Fay’, al-Anfal, al-Khums, its rules and the properties subject to al-Khums, page 186).[Majlisi in Mirat al Uqul vol 6, page 255 graded it as Hasan(good)]

Al-Kulayni stated:

وأما الانفال فليس هذه سبيلها كان للرسول عليه السلام خاصة وكانت فدك لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله خاصة، لانه صلى الله عليه وآله فتحها وأمير المؤمنين عليه السلام، لم يكن معهما أحد فزال عنها اسم الفئ ولزمها اسم الانفال وكذلك الآجام(2) والمعادن والبحار والمفاوز هي للامام خاصة

The case of al-Anfal is different. It belongs to the Messenger only. Of such properties was Fadak that belonged to the Messenger of Allah only. It is because he and Amir al-Mu’minin (a.s.) conquered it and there no one else took part. The name al-Fay’ therefore does not apply to it. Al-Anfal applies to it. Similar to al-Anfal are such properties as the marshes, mines, oceans and the wilderness. They all belong to Imam(leader) exclusively.(Al-Kafi, Chapter 130, The Fay’, al-Anfal, al-Khums, its rules and the properties subject to al-Khums).

Thus we find that after Prophet(saw) the property given to Prophet, will belong to the successor of Prophet, the leader of Muslims. So how could AbuBakr usurp Fadak from Fatima, when it didn't belong to her in the first place?

3 hours ago, AbbaJaan said:

Thus we find that after Prophet(saw) the property given to Prophet, will belong to the successor of Prophet, the leader of Muslims. So how could AbuBakr usurp Fadak from Fatima, when it didn't belong to her in the first place?

Because Rasuallah (sawa) gave Fadak to Fatima Zahra (sa) during his lifetime. This is witnessed by Imam Ameerulmumineen (as), Umm Ayman and Umm Salamah among others. 

16 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

Because Rasuallah (sawa) gave Fadak to Fatima Zahra (sa) during his lifetime. This is witnessed by Imam Ameerulmumineen (as), Umm Ayman and Umm Salamah among others. 

This is not authentically proven, what is authentically proven is that Fadak belonged to the Imam after Muhammad(pbuh), as even attested by Kulayni.

24 minutes ago, AbbaJaan said:

This is not authentically proven, what is authentically proven is that Fadak belonged to the Imam after Muhammad(pbuh), as even attested by Kulayni.

Then how come Fatima (sa) said in her sermon at the Prophet's (sawa) mosque that Fadak belongs to her? Do you doubt her words?

O Muslims! Will my inheritance be usurped? O son of Abu Quhafa! Where is it in the Book of Allah that you inherit your father and I do not inherit mine?  Surely you have come up with an unprecedented thing. Do you intentionally abandon the Book of Allah and cast it behind your back? Do you not read where it says: And Sulaiman inherited Dawood'?

http://www.duas.org/Sahife Zehra/dua74.htm 

Edited by zainabamy
needed to add something

9 minutes ago, zainabamy said:

Then how come Fatima (sa) said in her sermon at the Prophet's (sawa) mosque that Fadak belongs to her? Do you doubt her words?

O Muslims! Will my inheritance be usurped? O son of Abu Quhafa! Where is it in the Book of Allah that you inherit your father and I do not inherit mine?  Surely you have come up with an unprecedented thing. Do you intentionally abandon the Book of Allah and cast it behind your back? Do you not read where it says: And Sulaiman inherited Dawood'?

http://www.duas.org/Sahife Zehra/dua74.htm 

I wouldn't doubt her, but it must be authentically proven that she did give this sermon. I haven't seen any authentic chain for this sermon neither in Sunni books or Shia books, so far I just found some un-academic excuses such has it has multiple chains. But you should know that, this is what the fabricators were known for, they used to create chains for a text that existed, So if one liar fabricated this narration, then the other liars  would just follow him by using his fabrication and creating new chains for it.

If you go by reality then Fatima would have called for Hilful fudool in the first place, instead of this unproven sermon.

6 minutes ago, AbbaJaan said:

Keeping aside the point whether Abu Bakr was an Imam or not, this doesn't effects the fact that it didn't belong to Fatima.

why keeping it aside? if you are arguing that it is the property of ameerul Momineen (as), does this mean that abu bakr had no right to take it?

1 minute ago, DigitalUmmah said:

why keeping it aside? if you are arguing that it is the property of ameerul Momineen (as), does this mean that abu bakr had no right to take it?

Friend, if you want to discuss that Fadak belonged to Ali, then you must open a new thread, and we shall discuss it there. This thread is to show that Fadak didn't belong to Fatima.

Just now, AbbaJaan said:

Friend, if you want to discuss that Fadak belonged to Ali, then you must open a new thread, and we shall discuss it there. This thread is to show that Fadak didn't belong to Fatima.

I am not your friend. 

by the hadith you yourself posted - fadak was the property of Ameerul Momineen (as). so abu bakr stole it. 

it seems the captain sunk his own ship by mistake. 

8 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I am not your friend. 

by the hadith you yourself posted - fadak was the property of Ameerul Momineen (as). so abu bakr stole it. 

it seems the captain sunk his own ship by mistake. 

Seems you misread the hadeeth, it doesn't mention anyone's name. It just says Imam. And technically Abu bakr was the Imam after Prophet(pbuh).

2 minutes ago, AbbaJaan said:

Seems you misread the hadeeth, it doesn't mention anyone's name. It just says Imam. And technically Abu bakr was the Imam after Prophet(pbuh).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

QUOTE by AbbaJaan:  technically Abu bakr was the Imam after Prophet(pbuh).

Nice joke. 

5 hours ago, AbbaJaan said:

I wouldn't doubt her, but it must be authentically proven that she did give this sermon. I haven't seen any authentic chain for this sermon neither in Sunni books or Shia books, so far I just found some un-academic excuses such has it has multiple chains. But you should know that, this is what the fabricators were known for, they used to create chains for a text that existed, So if one liar fabricated this narration, then the other liars  would just follow him by using his fabrication and creating new chains for it.

If you go by reality then Fatima would have called for Hilful fudool in the first place, instead of this unproven sermon.

You say that this isn't authentically proven!? This sermon has been passed down through the Ahlulbayt (as), Imam Ali (as) to Hassan (as) and Hussain (as), Hussain (as) to Imam Zainulabedin (as). How much more authentic do you want? Bibi Zainab (sa) and Bibi Umm Kulthum (sa) memorised this sermon as young girls!

If Fatima (sa) was wrong and this land belonged to the Imam (as) then why didn't Imam Ali (as) or someone inform her she was wrong?