Al naj

How to Attain Great Enlightment?

Rate this topic

Salam,

I'm writing to ask if anyone could help me with Persuing great Enlightment, you know like being very close to Almighty God. And also how can one have such strong spiritual power?

PS: just to let you know I just joined this site :D

Thank you brothers and sisters 

Salam. This forum has many topics about ethics and self development. InshaAllah you find the information useful and we look forward to learning from you as well. Welcome to ShiaChat.  

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/forum/109-ethics-and-self-development/

3 hours ago, Al naj said:

Salam,

I'm writing to ask if anyone could help me with Persuing great Enlightment, you know like being very close to Almighty God. And also how can one have such strong spiritual power?

Thank you so much hameeda and Ali.isa, I look forward to learning from you as well.

May Allah bless you 

9 hours ago, Al naj said:

Salam,

Salaam Aleikum,

Enlightenment is the greatest thing there is because you see Reality for what it really is.

In order to achieve this, one must follow the True Path as God has told us to do. You cannot rely on what others do or say, because only very few follow the right path.

Enlightenment can only be attained through hard work and in this process you will face many hardships. It is not something easily given to anyone by God. After you pass a test, there will be a bigger test, after that even bigger, etc. It may take years to get there, one must persist!

First thing to do is stop all sins that you commit. If you have any addictions, then those must be stopped as well (gradually).

Two important things in order to get there is Zikr & Salah. Always try to be in Zikr and always pray your Salah.

@Connectors Al naj replied to you, but accidentally clicked the Report button instead of Reply, so the message was sent only to Moderators. Al Naj's message to you:

Again thank you so much brother, your very right it's all about what you do and not just doing what others do too.

i have learned a lot from your post thank you

may Allah bless you

Read the book 'light within me'

https://www.al-islam.org/light-within-me-mutahhari-tabatabai-khomeini

Or if you want a shorter version 'kernel of kernels'

https://www.al-islam.org/al-tawhid/vol13-no4/lubb-al-lubab-short-treatise-wayfaring-s-m-husayn-husayni

This one is the part written only by Allama tabatabai of light within me. 

The path to what you seek lies in there^

I don't think any of us here know.

Of course we can say things like follow Quran and Ahlulbayt, but what does it mean to us? Others can talk about Du'a etc, but none of us really know. We know general things, we know generally the way but we don't know at the same time anything really.

Most people that just means following a particular Marjaa or group of scholars. To others, it means studying ilmel rijaal etc, and just going through the same process of confirming what is always confirmed through that means and so on and so forth.

To be honest, were it not that I know for sure there is alternative way that I have not found yet, I probably would ended up more on the new age side and looked for spiritual mentors. 

But I know there is a way, there is a way, certainly, for enlightenment. It just isn't "official" or "well known" at the moment.

It's not found in any group of people that are manifest today.

I have no idea how to distinguish falsehood from truth at the moment, and don't have time to do it at the moment, really busy with university but I do know there is alternative way then we have been going about this.

What I know that it's not found in looking to be guided by people who have not been assigned the duty of guiding others. 

We can take such people as resources towards the Guides, but not as the guides themselves.

I am tired of religion. Really tired of it and it makes me feel alienated from people. 

It was meant to establish a love and bond of brotherhood, but we forgotten an important and vital part of the message, that has caused us to become enemies to one another and hate one another.

We broken the trust. The bond will not work "You think them together, but their hearts are disunited, that is because they are people who do not understand?", and how can we understand and build our unity on that, when we make others think for us!

How much of us think God's religion is truly the best gift to humanity to the extent we care about this gift so much we don't want to tarnish it with falsehood? Hardly any, because the Taghut and the bond on that, is more important to us.

We are fools, real fools, we don't believe as true humans believe, we convince ourselves we are some sort of elite pious humanity, when we lack the necessary characteristics of what it means to be human, what it means to be a sincere servant of God.

We deceive ourselves every time.

Edited by LinkZelda

42 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

How to attain great Enlightenment, inshallah?

Turn on a light and read Quran ... and some hadith.

Each morning if you woke up for fajr pray say Alhamdulellah and do a Salam to imam zaman a.t.f

At the end of the day (before sleep)

Count your bad deeds, say Esteghfar

Count your good deeds, say Alhamdulellah.

Step back, look on your bad deeds, look for the causes and deeply think about the results, and try to avoid them.

After two weeks you see brighter.

Edited by Haimi

You won't learn true enlightenment here. Instead you may find the steps towards the path of enlightenment, if you can sift through the dirt to find the gold. Not everyone's opinions are worthy, in fact most opinions are not at all. The path is dark and you will need a teacher once you've reached a certain level who can illuminate the right path for you. 

Salam and May Allah guide us all closer to him.

This is what I have gathered from readings how to attain enlightenment.

Tasawwuf is necessary to cleansing the heart, originally called Tazkiyyat an-Nafs in the Qur'an. That involves Austerity (Zuhd),  Purification (Tazkiyyah) and Perfection of Character (Ihsan). The terms Zuhd, Tazkiyyat and Ihsan were the terms used in the time of the Prophet (s).

So, with purified nafs, mystic methods are used to experience spiritual layers of consciousness beyond normal senses, perception, rational mind but to the deepest- conscious- cognitive function. 

According to the people who went through such state, most surface part is nafs ammarah (12:53), then once that is disappeared by the continuing zikr, you go through nafs lawwamah (75:2), then nafs mutma'innah / qalb (89:27-30), then ruH. Some Sufi says there is even deeper part called sirr, or ghaib al ghuyub. And while going through, it is said to have visions for each stage. Our normal perception of reality is only surface, partial reality, and by removing noise and distractions of surface consciousness, we go deeper into our existence.

Then there is zero point of consciousness that Sufi calls this point as fana al fana. As for zero point of existence, Sufi calls it Haqq. Suhrawardi called this as Nur al anwar, and ibn Arabi called it Wujud that is ghaib.

Going to and coming back to the awareness is called su'ud and nuzul. If you are interested, please read about the area of 'aalam al mithal.

Once you reach fanaa and then baqaa, that is the ultimate enlightenment.

I am not ready for that extent of enlightenment yet.

14 hours ago, ema said:

This is what I have gathered from readings how to attain enlightenment.

Tasawwuf is necessary to cleansing the heart, originally called Tazkiyyat an-Nafs in the Qur'an. That involves Austerity (Zuhd),  Purification (Tazkiyyah) and Perfection of Character (Ihsan). The terms Zuhd, Tazkiyyat and Ihsan were the terms used in the time of the Prophet (s).

So, with purified nafs, mystic methods are used to experience spiritual layers of consciousness beyond normal senses, perception, rational mind but to the deepest- conscious- cognitive function. 

According to the people who went through such state, most surface part is nafs ammarah (12:53), then once that is disappeared by the continuing zikr, you go through nafs lawwamah (75:2), then nafs mutma'innah / qalb (89:27-30), then ruH. Some Sufi says there is even deeper part called sirr, or ghaib al ghuyub. And while going through, it is said to have visions for each stage. Our normal perception of reality is only surface, partial reality, and by removing noise and distractions of surface consciousness, we go deeper into our existence.

Then there is zero point of consciousness that Sufi calls this point as fana al fana. As for zero point of existence, Sufi calls it Haqq. Suhrawardi called this as Nur al anwar, and ibn Arabi called it Wujud that is ghaib.

Going to and coming back to the awareness is called su'ud and nuzul. If you are interested, please read about the area of 'aalam al mithal.

Once you reach fanaa and then baqaa, that is the ultimate enlightenment.

I am not ready for that extent of enlightenment yet.

Dear sister, with all due respect, we should not care for what Sufis say?

Anything that is not authenticated by Quran, Sayings & Actions of the Prophet S and Ahlulbayt AS, is a lala land, a fantasy world, an imaginary play of words by certain people of learning.

I would recommend OP to read through Light With In Me and other books suggested in other posts. 

12 minutes ago, ema said:

Shia has ‘Irfaan عرفان; gnosis that is Islamic mysticism that has been intertwined with sufism and almost identical.

Irfan is not for lay people. Irfani people can use Irfan in a wrong way to mislead people. If we are not in hawzah we don't need to delve into such things. Just because a Shia scholar might teach Irfan in hawzah, it is only because his students need to know everything about that. We don't know all the details that Ulema know. They know the 'ins and outs' of it and know what to discard.