Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mohammadi_follower

iranians and ISIS?

Rate this topic

Salam aleykoum,

like you know there are now foreign fighters from the entire world who are now in syria and iraq for fight with ISIS. However i never saw statistics about how many iranians are fighting with isis , its strange because iran is 15% sunni so i find that weird that not any iranian sunni tried to join isis .

someone have statistics from different sources (iranian or others) about the number of iranians who are fighting with isis ?

2 hours ago, alidu78 said:

Salam aleykoum,

like you know there are now foreign fighters from the entire world who are now in syria and iraq for fight with ISIS. However i never saw statistics about how many iranians are fighting with isis , its strange because iran is 15% sunni so i find that weird that not any iranian sunni tried to join isis .

someone have statistics from different sources (iranian or others) about the number of iranians who are fighting with isis ?

W Salam

In one of his recent comments, the Iranian Minister of Intelligence said: "1500 Iranian youth have been found who were willing to join Isis. They were either invited, or 'summoned in a arrest-like process'. Discussions with these youth were held on the basis of the teachings of Qur'an and the Prophet (pbuh&h) and they were stopped from joining the terrorist group."

http://www.presstv.ir/DetailFa/2016/08/26/481780/Iran-Ministry-of-Intelliegence-Mahmoud-Alavi-Daesh

1 hour ago, mesbah said:

W Salam

In one of his recent comments, the Iranian Minister of Intelligence said: "1500 Iranian youth have been found who were willing to join Isis. They were either invited, or 'summoned in a arrest-like process'. Discussions with these youth were held on the basis of the teachings of Qur'an and the Prophet (pbuh&h) and they were stopped from joining the terrorist group."

http://www.presstv.ir/DetailFa/2016/08/26/481780/Iran-Ministry-of-Intelliegence-Mahmoud-Alavi-Daesh

Well even if 1500 is many its not so much when we know that there are millions of sunnis in iran . And these young iranians were mostly baloch ? Kurds ? Converts ? No precision ?

53 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Well even if 1500 is many its not so much when we know that there are millions of sunnis in iran . And these young iranians were mostly baloch ? Kurds ? Converts ? No precision ?

No, no precision. they might even be non-sunni (and non-muslim) youth who look for excitement, who knows. Are all those who join Daesh from other countries, Sunnis? like western members, all of them are real sunnis? some of them are not even Muslim. They get paid for what they do.

Edited by mesbah

47 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Brother, recently they killed some Sunni scholars in the Kurdistan of Iran. The terrorist group of " Tawheed and Jihad ". Why should Sunnies join ISIS !? I mean those takfiries are killing Sunnies too. Only extremely ignorant people join them.

42 minutes ago, maes said:

Brother, recently they killed some Sunni scholars in the Kurdistan of Iran. The terrorist group of " Tawheed and Jihad ". Why should Sunnies join ISIS !? I mean those takfiries are killing Sunnies too. Only extremely ignorant people join them.

I didnt say "sunni=ISIS" but isis pretend to be a sunni caliphate so its logical that more sunnies will try to join them than others  

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 4:39 AM, alidu78 said:

Salam aleykoum,

I don't think Sunnis are 15%. Sunnis are around 7% of Iranian population...

Those who join ISIS are from Balouch and Arab extremists who had the history of Takfirism and were trained and funded by Saudi and other states for destabilizing Iran via sectarianism in the past. Now a few of those leftovers join ISIS with their own will. No country ever tries to encourage Iranian Sunnis to join ISIS... because it is not in their interests... joining ISIS often means 'one way' ticket to Sunni extremists... and in most cases they should leave the country and become active members in Syria/Iraq/Libya.. and ending up dying.

33 minutes ago, Noah- said:

I don't think Sunnis are 15%. Sunnis are around 7% of Iranian population...

Those who join ISIS are from Balouch and Arab extremists who had the history of Takfirism and were trained and funded by Saudi and other states for destabilizing Iran via sectarianism in the past. Now a few of those leftovers join ISIS with their own will. No country ever tries to encourage Iranian Sunnis to join ISIS... because it is not in their interests... joining ISIS often means 'one way' ticket to Sunni extremists... and in most cases they should leave the country and become active members in Syria/Iraq/Libya.. and ending up dying.

Iranian kurds who are anything like 10 % of iranian population are mostly sunnis, there are also baloch and turkmens who are 4 % of iranian population who are pratically all sunnis, there are even some arabs and persians who are sunnis in iran . So yes i think there are 15 % sunnis in iran , even why not 20 % .

36 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Iranian kurds who are anything like 10 % of iranian population are mostly sunnis, there are also baloch and turkmens who are 4 % of iranian population who are pratically all sunnis, there are even some arabs and persians who are sunnis in iran . So yes i think there are 15 % sunnis in iran , even why not 20 % .

Who says majority of Iranian Kurds are Sunni? Or Iranian Balouch entirely Sunni? Majority of Iranian Sunnis come from Kurdish and Balouch origin, that doesn't mean that they are all Sunni. And yes I know about Turkmen (less than a million) who are Sunnis or Arabs in Ahwaz who are Sunnis. 

Do not mix ethnics with sect. Provide us a reference where it indicates that Sunnis in Iran are 15% or 20%. You cannot just guess based on your own prediction to say yes 15%, even why not 20%  or it could be 30% and why not!

Wikipedia, that is linked to many other sources states: "Islam is the religion of 99.4% of Iranians. 90-95% of Iranians are Shi'a and 5-10% are Sunni."

1 hour ago, Noah- said:

Who says majority of Iranian Kurds are Sunni? Or Iranian Balouch entirely Sunni? Majority of Iranian Sunnis come from Kurdish and Balouch origin, that doesn't mean that they are all Sunni. And yes I know about Turkmen (less than a million) who are Sunnis or Arabs in Ahwaz who are Sunnis. 

Do not mix ethnics with sect. Provide us a reference where it indicates that Sunnis in Iran are 15% or 20%. You cannot just guess based on your own prediction to say yes 15%, even why not 20%  or it could be 30% and why not!

Wikipedia, that is linked to many other sources states: "Islam is the religion of 99.4% of Iranians. 90-95% of Iranians are Shi'a and 5-10% are Sunni."

Well wikipedia is not a great source in general , honnestly when i see for exemple 99,4% of iranians are muslims is just false.

now no one will contradict me when i say that most of kurds in iran are sunnis. I will try to find a link about sunni statistics in iran .

47 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Well wikipedia is not a great source in general , honnestly when i see for exemple 99,4% of iranians are muslims is just false.

now no one will contradict me when i say that most of kurds in iran are sunnis. I will try to find a link about sunni statistics in iran .

You need to search better before posting about it tbh.

On 9/6/2016 at 7:27 PM, Noah- said:

Actually, Ahwazi Arabs are 95% Shia, not Sunni. 

^I don't know about Ahwazi Arabs percentage being Sunni/Shia, but the point was that Sunnis are found amongst Kurds, Balouch, Arabs, Turkmen..... the Kurds are not absolute Sunni either... there are a good percentage of Kurds who are Shia and some ppl talked about it long time ago on this forum.. majority of Kurds or Balouch being Sunni means they are more than 50% Sunni amongst those communities, unlike the above poster who thinks all the Kurds or Balouch are Sunni. After all, many sources suggest that the entire Sunnis that you add them from each ethnic and exclude the Shias of those communities, the Sunnis are less than 10% of total Iranian population... more realistic one would be like 7%.

On 9/7/2016 at 2:00 AM, alidu78 said:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/war/kurdistan-iran.htm

13 hours ago, Noah- said:

^I don't know about Ahwazi Arabs percentage being Sunni/Shia, but the point was that Sunnis are found amongst Kurds, Balouch, Arabs, Turkmen..... the Kurds are not absolute Sunni either... there are a good percentage of Kurds who are Shia and some ppl talked about it long time ago on this forum.. majority of Kurds or Balouch being Sunni means they are more than 50% Sunni amongst those communities, unlike the above poster who thinks all the Kurds or Balouch are Sunni. After all, many sources suggest that the entire Sunnis that you add them from each ethnic and exclude the Shias of those communities, the Sunnis are less than 10% of total Iranian population... more realistic one would be like 7%.

Baloch are 90% Sunni, Turkmen are 95% Sunni, Kurds are 70% percent Sunni, Larestanis are 70% Sunni as well.