Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ordinary Iranians are losing interest in the mosqu

Rate this topic

http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21628596-ordinary-iranians-are-losing-interest-mosque-take-it-or-leave-it

I used to be very interested to learn about shia islam and thinking of converting to it but it's kinda sad that most iranians and azerbaijanis are atheist.

Oh well at least we sunnis are huge in number and have strong faith 

Edited by Ark1
  • Advanced Member

This article is just one person's opinion and self-observation. We don't even get information on who wrote this article, we just have to assume it is a viable source and un-bias. 

Second even for argument's sake if you accept this as being truthful. It has little to do with Shia or Sunni. There are plenty of Sunni states that are secular and many of its populations are irreligious. Take Turks in Turkey. Majority of the Turks on the western coast are non-practising muslims and many as such in the diaspora are also non-practicing muslims. Go with a country like Bosnia and Herzegovina and Albania, both have Sunni majority, yet the Sunnis are irreligious primarily. Similar with Kurds in Iraqi Kurdistan. Primarily Sunni and yet many are irreligious. 

You see nitpicking isn't a viable way of arguing or getting a point across. 

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
2 minutes ago, Haimi said:

ark with 10 post in the forum and only focusin on iranian people. you remind me Muhammad guy. sup brother?

@Zendegi we need you in here. youre expert on detecting trolls

Honnestly i thought exactly the same.

1 hour ago, Haimi said:

ark with 10 post in the forum and only focusin on iranian people. you remind me Muhammad guy. sup brother?

@Zendegi we need you in here. youre expert on detecting trolls

It could be another account of his and I would suspect so. At the same time they hasn't given out a lot of information or any particular similar information to what's been posted on MohammadMianSunni and MuhammadXII besides indicating that they live in Canada.

Other thing is that this Ark1 has mostly posted so far during the 12am-6am period assuming he lives somewhere like Toronto or Vancouver, which is obviously night time in Canada where people will be off course asleep. Either this guys is nocturnal or actually not even living in Canada.

Edited by Zendegi

Besides all that I am pretty sure as I have made in my previous posts that MohmmadMianSunni and MuhammadXII are the same people. From reading the stuff posted and private messaged to me, including changing their Username from 'Mohammad Mian' on another site straight after I posted about it on ShiaChat plus with quite a similar question posed about Iranian youth on this site and the other one only a day apart, I can ascertain that its the same person behind those two accounts.

But no the moderators will unfortunately remain defiant and not even consider all the evidence I have collaborated to them. I will never assume anything about anyone or anything if I had no evidence about it whatsoever. I am against making assumptions but in this case I am quite sure these are the same people.

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
20 minutes ago, Zendegi said:

It could be another account of his and I would suspect so. At the same time they hasn't given out a lot of information or any particular similar information to what's been posted on MohammadMianSunni and MuhammadXII besides indicating that they live in Canada.

Other thing is that this Ark1 has mostly posted so far during the 12am-6am period assuming he lives somewhere like Toronto or Vancouver, which is obviously night time in Canada where people will be off course asleep. Either this guys is nocturnal or actually not even living in Canada.

Yes he said to me that he lives in Canada...

Exactly like MohammadMianSunni and MuhammadXII