Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Engineer73

Were we not with you?

Rate this topic

The verse 14 of Chapter 57 (Al-Hadeed):
 يُنَادُونَهُمْ أَلَمْ نَكُن مَّعَكُمْ قَالُوا بَلَى وَلَكِنَّكُمْ فَتَنتُمْ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَتَرَبَّصْتُمْ وَارْتَبْتُمْ وَغَرَّتْكُمُ الْأَمَانِيُّ حَتَّى جَاء أَمْرُ اللَّهِ وَغَرَّكُم بِاللَّهِ الْغَرُورُ

(They will call out to those, “Were we not with you?” - the others will answer: “So it was! But you allowed yourselves to succumb to temptation, and you were hesitant, and you were doubtful; and your wishful thinking beguiled you until God’s command came to pass: for, [indeed, your own] deceptive thoughts about God deluded you.)

Wa tarabbastum (an you waited)
Wartabtum (and you doubted)
Wa gharratkumul amaniyyu (and deceived by own wishful thinking)

This verse reminds me a person, I don't know why it makes me so sure that the person whose name is coming in my mind is the exact person saying this "were we not with you?"  That person is he who accepted publically that he doubted on Prophet many times, but the doubt which came in his heart that day, never came before. He accepted that he paid fidyah, did fast and offered prayers so that Allah forgive his sins.

The next verse describes more details:  فَالْيَوْمَ لَا يُؤْخَذُ مِنكُمْ فِدْيَةٌ

(so today ransom shall not be accepted from you)

My Question is that what should I do, should I take this thinking as an act of Shaitan or is it some sort of knowledge that a mutashabeh is becoming non-mutashabeh for me?

Stop thinking about how this verse applies to others but rather start reflecting on how this verse is applying to you because every single verse in the Quran is relevant to every single human being 

Edited by yolanda313786

2 hours ago, Sajjad Zaidi said:

The verse 14 of Chapter 57 (Al-Hadeed):
 يُنَادُونَهُمْ أَلَمْ نَكُن مَّعَكُمْ قَالُوا بَلَى وَلَكِنَّكُمْ فَتَنتُمْ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَتَرَبَّصْتُمْ وَارْتَبْتُمْ وَغَرَّتْكُمُ الْأَمَانِيُّ حَتَّى جَاء أَمْرُ اللَّهِ وَغَرَّكُم بِاللَّهِ الْغَرُورُ

(They will call out to those, “Were we not with you?” - the others will answer: “So it was! But you allowed yourselves to succumb to temptation, and you were hesitant, and you were doubtful; and your wishful thinking beguiled you until God’s command came to pass: for, [indeed, your own] deceptive thoughts about God deluded you.)

Wa tarabbastum (an you waited)
Wartabtum (and you doubted)
Wa gharratkumul amaniyyu (and deceived by own wishful thinking)

This verse reminds me a person, I don't know why it makes me so sure that the person whose name is coming in my mind is the exact person saying this "were we not with you?"  That person is he who accepted publically that he doubted on Prophet many times, but the doubt which came in his heart that day, never came before. He accepted that he paid fidyah, did fast and offered prayers so that Allah forgive his sins.

The next verse describes more details:  فَالْيَوْمَ لَا يُؤْخَذُ مِنكُمْ فِدْيَةٌ

(so today ransom shall not be accepted from you)

My Question is that what should I do, should I take this thinking as an act of Shaitan or is it some sort of knowledge that a mutashabeh is becoming non-mutashabeh for me?

Brother, I suggest you to be very careful about the mutashabeh verses. Some time they also expose the diseases of hearts.

"Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 7:

هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُّحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّا أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ

He it is Who has revealed the Book to you; some of its verses are decisive, they are the basis of the Book, and others are allegorical; then as for those in whose hearts there is perversity they follow the part of it which is allegorical, seeking to mislead and seeking to give it (their own) interpretation. but none knows its interpretation except Allah, and those who are firmly rooted in knowledge say: We believe in it, it is all from our Lord; and none do mind except those having understanding."

If you have doubts that your interpretation might cause any fitnah, then keep quite and dont discuss that matter in public. 

2 hours ago, Spiritual said:

Brother, I suggest you to be very careful about the mutashabeh verses. Some time they also expose the diseases of hearts.

"Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 7:

هُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُّحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِّنْ عِندِ رَبِّنَا وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّا أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ

He it is Who has revealed the Book to you; some of its verses are decisive, they are the basis of the Book, and others are allegorical; then as for those in whose hearts there is perversity they follow the part of it which is allegorical, seeking to mislead and seeking to give it (their own) interpretation. but none knows its interpretation except Allah, and those who are firmly rooted in knowledge say: We believe in it, it is all from our Lord; and none do mind except those having understanding."

If you have doubts that your interpretation might cause any fitnah, then keep quite and dont discuss that matter in public. 

Good reply.