Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Reza

Thoughts 2016-2017 (Archives)

22 hours ago, E.L King said:

Sayyed Hasan however makes it clear the US is the decision maker.

They are the decision maker, yes... the Sayyed is one hundred percent correct.

But they have a tendency to make decisions with Israel's interest in mind. They have conflated their own interests with Israel's.

4 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

They are the decision maker, yes... the Sayyed is one hundred percent correct.

But they have a tendency to make decisions with Israel's interest in mind. They have conflated their own interests with Israel's.

The success of Isreal lies in convincing America that their interests are the one and the same. And this they have done well over the decades.

Israel is defended like as a US state because half the Jews of the world live in America and half of American Jews have Israeli citizenship. 

On April 12, 2017 at 6:23 AM, DigitalUmmah said:

@LeftCoastMom whats your thoughts on this?

https://imgur.com/gallery/oeClKM8

I thought it was an interesting take ,considering there is an audio tape from two years ago recording a meeting between reps of ETP and  the Standing Rock Tribal Council ( the Army Corps of Engineers rep was a no-show and no one seemed to know why) detailing what the tribe's concerns were. This tape was made public ....so the whole " the tribe boycotted the process" and "did not bring its issues forward" yammering  is bogus. ETP was doing" interesting" things with the permitting process ( busting it up into a series of smaller projects instead of the one big one which would have kicked stronger restrictions into play), from what I understand. Plus the tribal heritage preservation officer was given the run-around despite multiple attempts to contact the ACOE, the " archaeological " work was done by folks hired by the company, laws that apply to native artifacts on even now-private land were apparently ignored ( we shut down projects around here that hit artifacts/burials on traditional /treaty land until consult occurs, no matter who currently owns the land),etc.etc....Sorry I don't have much time today to get into this again right now. Do I think the SR Tribal Council did everything right? Not sure since I'm not boots on the ground there. I do know they weighed in a lot earlier and know a lot more about what they are doing in regards to these things than a lot of these pro-oil sites say they do. 

Once you complete Book 1 and 2 from the Madina Series [in my signature] , i highly recommend watching these islamic cartoons in Fusah Arabic [subtitled].

The combination of the books, vocabulary software, cartoons [all for free] are invaluable! In the old days, you would have to buy the book and go through it yourself or in a class. Now, with the age of the internet, you can access many free sources online, software designed to help you learn vocabularly, and also subtitled cartoons!

Once you learn Fusah Arabic, teach it to your kids, and make it a tradition in your family.

There's 200 video's here!

Edited by QuranandAhlulbayt

5 hours ago, magma said:

Interesting place, but still can't beat 'Murica. 

Why? 

My main complaint about Canada is that it's dark 16 hours per day in winter. I guess it would make less difference to a northerner. Niagara Falls Canadian side is nicer than the US side. 

On 4/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, notme said:

your tree looks quite similar to mine, but yours has spikes and mine has smooth petioles. Same leaf, same fibrous mat on the trunk. 

I heard about an app where you take a photo with your camera and it identifies the plant. They said the name is 'garden' but I could not find the app. :( 

12 minutes ago, wolverine said:

I heard about an app where you take a photo with your camera and it identifies the plant. They said the name is 'garden' but I could not find the app. :( 

You can upload a photo to an image hosting site, then tell Google to search for similar images. It's not foolproof, but it's not terrible. 

That's it, enough, I have always loved cars since I was a baby, I had over 200 cars as a kid, I owned the toy car scene. 

I have been driving my old beat up car for ages, its v6 engine is slower than vespa now, time for me to buy a car, here is my short-list in no particular order, what do you guys think: 

1) 2013 BMW 328i Sport

2) 2017 Subaru BRZ

3) 2014 Mercedes CLA

4) 2017 Subaru WRX

Test driven them all, I love all of them except maybe the CLA now, suggestions, advice and such? 

6 hours ago, notme said:

My main complaint about Canada is that it's dark 16 hours per day in winter. I guess it would make less difference to a northerner. Niagara Falls Canadian side is nicer than the US side. 

But that just means that there's more daylight hours during the summer, whrn you can actually use them.

16 minutes ago, notme said:

You can upload a photo to an image hosting site, then tell Google to search for similar images. It's not foolproof, but it's not terrible. 

In my experience, this kind of search just results in the word "green" or "plant" popping up in the searchbox, along with a bunch of photos of random plants or scenery. Google Image search has only worked for me when I actually need to find a duplicate image or the source of the original image.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

On 4/15/2017 at 1:26 PM, magma said:

In Toronto, Canada right now.

Interesting place, but still can't beat 'Murica. 

Why if I ask? 

I say Toronto is the most live and active cities in all of North America with the exception of NYC and L.A.

Our sport teams are something we should not discuss though, lol.

1 minute ago, GreyMatter said:

Our sport teams are something we should not discuss though, lol.

At least the Laffs won today.

Probably their last win this season, though, to be honest.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

19 hours ago, GreyMatter said:

1) 2013 BMW 328i Sport

2) 2017 Subaru BRZ

3) 2014 Mercedes CLA

4) 2017 Subaru WRX

Test driven them all, I love all of them except maybe the CLA now, suggestions, advice and such? 

I never knew one could get rich by selling a pair of sneakers!:woot:

On 4/15/2017 at 6:30 PM, notme said:

Why? 

Night is a source of comfort. Always has been.

How many peaceful nights have you had, vs. how many peaceful days with all the noise, people moving around, sun beating down on your face, etc?

3 hours ago, wolverine said:

l read of the same thing. Wish l could remember for you.

Edit: l found one. Search "app" + "plant identification" and you'll find a FREE one on Androoid.

Edited by hasanhh

19 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

But that just means that there's more daylight hours during the summer, when you can actually use them.

When you don't live on the tundra, you can use daylight hours year round. 

19 hours ago, baradar_jackson said:

This is true. My mind enjoys night, but my body needs daylight. I tend to get Seasonal Affective Disorder if I don't get enough sun. 

How many peaceful nights have you had, vs. how many peaceful days with all the noise, people moving around, sun beating down on your face, etc?

Yeah. And since Maghrib is at 5:00 it forces me to avoid delaying Zuhr prayer. Nowadays I sometimes delay it a lot. And I have until 6:30 to pray Salat al Layl. Fajr is at 5:00 now. Thats why I love Canadian winters.

People sometimes forget their anxieties loneliness and problems in general amongst the noise and people that you mention. The night tends to be a reminder of all that to some. 

My library book is due back tomorrow, I've used all my renewals, and I've still got 180 pages to read. Pray our internet goes out. 

Actually no. Without internet, people might actually want to interact with me while I'm trying to read. 

I think I can do this. 

Surah Yusuf:

A. Joseph’s dream (vv. 4-6)
B. The brothers’ plot against Joseph (vv. 7-22)
C. Potiphar’s wife’s attempt to seduce Joseph (vv. 23-29)
D . A similar attempt by Egyptian ladies (vv. 30-34)
E. Joseph’s imprisonment (vv. 35-42)
F. The king’s dream (vv. 43-44)
F’. The king’s dream interpreted (vv. 45-49)
E’. Joseph’s release from prison (v. 50)
D’. Confession of the Egyptian ladies (v. 51a)
C’. Confession of Potiphar’s wife (vv. 51b-57)
B’. The brothers learn their lesson (vv. 58-99)
A’. Fulfillment of Joseph’s dream (vv. 100-101)

SubhanAllah, this is true for EVERY surah in the Quran. This is what you call a 'ring' structure, the first part of the surah corralates to the last, the 2nd to the 2nd last, the third to the third before the last etc.

http://blog.bayyinah.com/introduction-to-parallelisms-in-the-quran/

Edited by QuranandAhlulbayt

2 hours ago, notme said:

My library book is due back tomorrow, I've used all my renewals, and I've still got 180 pages to read. Pray our internet goes out. 

Actually no. Without internet, people might actually want to interact with me while I'm trying to read. 

I think I can do this. 

Try phoning them. A librarian can usually override the system-mandated due date if you give them a good enough excuse.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:12 AM, starlight said:

I never knew one could get rich by selling a pair of sneakers!:woot:

Loool, lease for the standard 48 months with haggling the 6 dealerships that we have in the city for Subarus, the average monthly payment is a lot nicer. Plus the WRX hold value really well, so you can flip the blue colour for a small profit when lease is over as well. 

As for sneakers, I got too lazy and spent that time ( with procrastination) upgrading my skills to polish up my overall professional value at work/resume. There are rare yeezys releasing last week of April though, if luck is with me, I hope I could get my handle and sell a handful. 

This means you carefully plan and enjoy being a baller .. on a budget. :grin:

Edited by GreyMatter