Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Guest silasun

I just love England (yous over the pond people would know it as Elizabeth's yard) in the Spring months. It's so beautiful.

Of course, that comes with a downside... my fingers end up turning brown from all the gardening!

--

Thought 2: I can't wait for the month of Ramadan. Or rather, I can wait - there's so much preparation to do to maximise the benefit!

It's said that very pious people used to prepare all year for Shahr Ramadan.

Actually, that's what Rajab and Shaban are there for. In the words of Hafez: drink for 3 months and abstain for 9! If you achieve a splendid Laylat al-Qadr then the rest of your year will be worthwhile.

And from Him is all of our success.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Birthday to Imam Zaman AS.  Happy Birthday @Zarla! 

Happy Birthday @starlight!! Hope you have a wonderful day.  

Wishing all SC'ers a blessed month of Rajab, InshAllah we can all reap some spiritual benefits. 

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

I was listening to Rahbar(May Allah swt keep him in the best of health IA)'s 1987 United Nations speech last night.

Everything he said and talked about, from Justice to Self Respect and Honor and Dignity to Human Rights, Independence and Freedom of nations... :')

Probably one of the best, if not the best speeches given that I've seen. 

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, E.L King said:

There is a huge misconception that Israel is the boss of America. It's actually the other way around.

Salam,

How so? 

Tbh most of congress is paid by AIPAC and politicans being brought off isn't a secret exactly....

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, 2113 said:

Salam,

How so? 

Tbh most of congress is paid by AIPAC and politicans being brought off isn't a secret exactly....

Even in college decades ago, we had that Likud is an American puppet party.

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, 2113 said:

Salam,

How so? 

Sayyed Hasan said so. I will link you to his words.

Israel is nothing but a puppet state and a Western creation.

22 hours ago, Zarla said:

Things haven't been going too well for me. Please guys...remember me in your prayers. 

You are in our dua's. I sincerely hope things improve. Always remember that sometimes in life, when things are tough and you are at your lowest, relief might be around the corner.

after-hardship-comes-ease.jpg

A beautiful saheeh narration from Al Kafi on patience during trials:

H 1684, CH 43, h 6

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Khalid from his father from Ali ibn al-Nu’man from ‘Abd Allah ibn Muskan from abu Basir who has said the following:
“I heard abu ‘Abd Allah[Imam Jaffer as-Sadiq a.s] saying, ‘A free person is free in all conditions. Even if hardships strike him he exercises patience, if afflictions batter him he does not break down even if he is taken as a captive and is overpowered and his comfort and prosperity are changed into poverty and hardships, just as in the case of Yusuf (Joseph) the truthful and trustworthy one (may Allah grant him blessings), whose freedom remained unaffected even though he was enslaved, taken as a captive and overpowered. The darkness and loneliness of the well did not harm him, nor did all that he went through until Allah granted him favors. He made the insolent tyrant into a slave for him after his being his king. He set him free and made a whole nation to be kind to him. This is how patience yields goodness. You must exercise patience and settle your soul upon patience and you will, certainly, be rewarded.’”

I would also like to share some select dua's from Al Kafi:

Kitab Al Kafi - Volume 2

H 3368, CH 55, h 7
A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from
‘Uthman ibn ‘Isa from Sama'a from abu ‘Abd Allah, [as]
covenant, who has said the following:

I have highlighted for you the portion to recite, with the English translation

29kvy36.png

“When you are afraid of something say, ‘O Lord, no one is an alternative for You and You are the alternative for everyone of Your creatures, suffice me in such and such matters.’”

sol4ky.png

“In another Hadith the Imam, [as] has instructed to say this, ‘O the One who suffices in everything and nothing is sufficient for Him in the heavens and earth, suffice me in what is important to me of worldly and the hereafter and bestow al-Salat (favors) upon Muhammad and his family.’

• Moderators
3 hours ago, magma said:

Yep, that's my people.

The article is a bit presumptuous. I won't pretend white supremacists don't exist in Appalachia, but the real reason people so adamantly supported Trump, and still do in spite of all he has done, is that he cast himself as anti-establishment. These sons and daughters of coal miners and subsistence farmers inherently distrust anything establishment, and that applies equally to white and black folks native to the region. 

Plus they really, really hate Hilary. 

• Veteran Member
On 4/10/2017 at 4:05 AM, notme said:

Any of y'all have palm trees? Some of mine have grown a strange yellow protuberance. Is it a flower? A fruit? Is it edible? I've never had palm trees before. 

IMG_20170406_162712990.jpg

I got the same funny protuberances on my palm last month. I think this is flower. In time it will dry out and crumble and you'll get this small green berry-like fruit. I don't think they are edible.

Pics taken today.

20170410_180046.jpg

See the dry yellow bits falling around? The looked the same as in your pic a month ago.

20170410_180050.jpg

• Moderators

@Marbles your tree looks quite similar to mine, but yours has spikes and mine has smooth petioles. Same leaf, same fibrous mat on the trunk. Probably closely related. I was thinking it was a flower, but wanted a second opinion since it's so very alien looking. 

• Forum Administrators
12 minutes ago, Who_Am_I said:

Happy belated birthday sis @hameedeh

April May Allah bless you and showers more blessings and prosperity  upon you your family and all in dunya and akhira. 

@Who_Am_I It's never too late to do a good deed. I thank you! 

eid mubarak everyone. this was the prize winning line in last nights jashan:

on qiyamat, all the others will be called as sons of their mothers. only the shia of ali (as) will be called by their fathers names, because only their halal birth is guaranteed! 

ok so it loses a lot in translation from punjabi to english, but it blew the roof of when the poet said that lol

• Moderators
On 4/11/2017 at 4:15 AM, hasanhh said:

My Television reception is terrible.

All l can get is cartoons, cooks, costumes, carnivals, crime and craziness.

That's not a reception problem. You need more channels. 

Or you could go the opposite direction and only watch old movies on DVD. 

• Veteran Member
On 4/10/2017 at 0:04 PM, E.L King said:

There is a huge misconception that Israel is the boss of America. It's actually the other way around.

Well it's kind of a two way street.

Israel is dependant on the US for its continued existence.

but Israel is, in a way, playing the role of the boss, because they have convinced the US that Israel's continued existence is imperative for the US national security (which is not the case at all)

• Veteran Member
10 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

eid mubarak everyone. this was the prize winning line in last nights jashan:

on qiyamat, all the others will be called as sons of their mothers. only the shia of ali (as) will be called by their fathers names, because only their halal birth is guaranteed! 

ok so it loses a lot in translation from punjabi to english, but it blew the roof of when the poet said that lol

There was once a man who ridiculed the people of a particular land and considered them illegitimate because they were not Muslim. The Prophet responded that God gave marriage for all nations. 

In other words, we recognize the marriages of other traditions, and the children of such unions as halalzadeh.

I don't know why questioning the legitimacy of other people's birth based on mazhab would blow the roof off of anywhere.

• Advanced Member
1 hour ago, baradar_jackson said:

Well it's kind of a two way street.

Israel is dependant on the US for its continued existence.

but Israel is, in a way, playing the role of the boss, because they have convinced the US that Israel's continued existence is imperative for the US national security (which is not the case at all)

Sayyed Hasan however makes it clear the US is the decision maker.