Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2016-2017 (Archives)

Reza

• Forum Administrators
10 hours ago, Struggling_onn said:

Thoughts: When you wrote a whole post and interent gets disconnected. The whole post is lost !! :ranting: 

To be safe, back up your posts (especially long posts) somewhere else by copy/pasting it on Word or your email before submitting the post. 

• Veteran Member
31 minutes ago, Struggling_onn said:

I usually do... but this time i hit submit... and bam... it's gone :( 

Do you lose it? I thought SC text editor saved text instantly so even if the next page doesn't load or you accidentally close the window, the content is saved and you can recover it when you open the same page. Or is it just my browser? (Chrome). I don't know, I never lose anything!

Edited by Marbles

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

what does it want? it looks suspicious to me

It's visiting UK because it's tired of hanging out here in the US and figured it'd better go while it still could get a visa. It's just touristing. It can't stay long, don't worry.

47 minutes ago, notme said:

It's visiting UK because it's tired of hanging out here in the US and figured it'd better go while it still could get a visa. It's just touristing. It can't stay long, don't worry.

well tell it to go away! 

I miss permanently grey skys, horizon to horizon clouds with not a single patch of blue to be seen. RULE BRITTANIA

2 hours ago, Marbles said:

Do you lose it? I thought SC text editor saved text instantly so even if the next page doesn't load or you accidentally close the window, the content is saved and you can recover it when you open the same page. Or is it just my browser? (Chrome). I don't know, I never lose anything!

it happened to me many times... yes i lost all of it. :( 

On 24/03/2017 at 1:24 PM, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

While there is no doubt about the high status of the daughter of the apostle [asws] and one of the leaders of the women of Jannah (paradise), nevertheless, i sincerely hope that entries will not seek to delve into exagerration in the name of poetic freedom. To honour Fatima a.s is to ensure one gives her a due status - not to raise her above what she is, nor lower her below what she was.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

nor lower her below what she was.

Either people don't have ma'refat about members of the Ahlulbait (a.s.) or they try to undermine their fazilat. 

If you want to have any further discussion then create a thread or PM me. 

Edited by Lover of Ahlulbait (ams)

6 minutes ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Either people don't have ma'refat about members of the Ahlulbait (a.s.) or they try to undermine their fazilat. 

Not at all. We should be cautious to discuss and say those things about the Ahlulbayt which they themselves said about their status. Don't you agree? We should refrain from attributing to them what we can not reliably say has come from a statement where they clearly specify that attribute or status.

• Veteran Member

I cannot do it. I cannot choose between the liberals and the Nazis. There are some people who seem friendly with both sides. I really want to go with liberals but why are they not willing to give me the freedom they claim to give to everyone? 

• Development Team
4 hours ago, IbnSina said:

What significance does the age of 40 have in islam?

I heard long ago that one reaches spiritual maturity at 40, or something like that, has anyone ells heard anything like that?

Prophet Muhammad was bestowed Prophethood at 40 years old. 

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, IbnSina said:

What significance does the age of 40 have in islam?

I heard long ago that one reaches spiritual maturity at 40, or something like that, has anyone ells heard anything like that?

Sura Ahqaf, Ayat 15.

And there ain't nothing aesthetic or spiritual about it. You are granted it (as in Sura lqra) or you are not.

Edited by hasanhh

Guest silasun

It's amazing how my duvet becomes 50 degrees hotter and much more comfy on a cold spring morning.

Bed, you're one of my bestest friends ^__^

• Veteran Member
On 3/24/2017 at 2:07 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

Life at my house. @notme

image.jpeg

Unfortunately I am one hundred and ten percent sure this was no accident.

Some (and by some I mean 99.9 percent) of Americans have a disorder where they think dogs are people. Pardon me: did I say people? I meant demigods.

22 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

I cannot do it. I cannot choose between the liberals and the Nazis. There are some people who seem friendly with both sides. I really want to go with liberals but why are they not willing to give me the freedom they claim to give to everyone? 

Simple: choose neither. Stand out like a sore thumb. Be an outcast. Let the hate flow through your veins.

• Veteran Member

Thoughts: currently gaining rare, valuable, technical know-how expertise knowledge from a super intelligent person and who is a rare breed in terms of his "think outside the box" mind.

Problem is, his way of disseminating the knowledge (not that he is stingy with it any way) is that he's extremely intimidating  because he tries to get you to really think for yourself but ends up making you feel like the most stupidest person on earth until he actually disseminates it and it's quite annoying because I just want him to tell me without humiliating me first and then telling me. He's not a bad person in any way and means well, it's just his dry intimidating cold British-like (sorry Britishers) way of conveying his knowledge and his experience. By the way time I am done with him, I feel like the knowledge and common sense that he has instilled in me is priceless and ends up benefiting me in all aspects of my life. Problem is the HUMILIATION and intimidation that I have to go through first which sorta traumatises me as well in the process....  but it's worth it! (I think). 

• Forum Administrators
8 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

Thoughts: currently gaining rare, valuable, technical know-how expertise knowledge from a super intelligent person and who is a rare breed in terms of his "think outside the box" mind.

Thats brilliant, always good to learn.

9 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

Problem is, his way of disseminating the knowledge (not that he is stingy with it any way) is that he's extremely intimidating  because he tries to get you to really think for yourself but ends up making you feel like the most stupidest person on earth until he actually disseminates it and it's quite annoying because I just want him to tell me without humiliating me first and then telling me.

Hmmm...you can take note, remember and appreciate all the things you've learnt from him especially if you know he's a good guy.

11 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

Problem is the HUMILIATION and intimidation that I have to go through first which sorta traumatises me as well in the process....  but it's worth it! (I think). 

Really sis? Humliation and intimidation that traumatises you? No one deserves to feel like that especially if the other person is meant to be doing a favour by helping/teaching you! Maybe he doesnt realise he's doing this, have you tried expaining how you feel?

• Veteran Member
17 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

have you tried expaining how you feel?

I don't want to start getting emotional with him he's not one of those people that you start explaining your feelings to lol... he's like this dry wall that u just wanna squeeze knowledge out of and just get the hell out lol. I just think that I need to stop being so sensitive and just shun out my emotions for a bit ... sometimes that's all you need to do, no room for emotions. 

• Forum Administrators
1 minute ago, Pearl178 said:

I don't want to start getting emotional with him he's not one of those people that you start explaining your feelings to lol... he's like this dry wall that u just wanna squeeze knowledge out of and just get the hell out lol. I just think that I need to stop being so sensitive and just shun out my emotions for a bit ... sometimes that's all you need to do, no room for emotions. 

That's fair enough sis, you can still learn as long as you are not being made to feel less intelligent. It may be increasing your knowledge but it wont be doing any wonders for your self-esteem. You are a strong, educated, confident woman, so don't let anyone put you down! :respect: