Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Reza

Thoughts 2016-2017 (Archives)

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

 

Lol, Is food all you men think of? 

Why do you think your mommy taught you to cook?  :D

I was at my little sister's today. Her friend cooked me lranian Fries and gave me some meat stuffed into a folded bread and baked called "food" :love:  <---luv 4 food

:eat: Inshallah, when l get to Jenna, l'II pick the "72 cooks".

Edited by hasanhh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, hasanhh said:

l was at a dinner last night and afterwards everyone but me was playing with their phones rather than conversing.

So l contented myself by playing with my little nephew.

Sad, that l got more interaction from a 17 month-old than the adults.

From page 48, this thread.

l visited this nephew. He is almost 19months. Someone gave him a toy similar to an Etch-O-Sketch. My nephew picks it up out of his pile of toys, sits down and makes a couple of lines on it with the attached 'marker'. Then shows it to me.

l guess that is pretty good for a boy who'll be 19months in two days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://gma.yahoo.com/dying-encourage-partner-love-again-194818538--abc-news-lifestyle.html

when insensitive people try to be caring or try to make rules about akhlaq, it's so annoying. Death is scary and it's also extremely sad. A dying person should not be expected to worry about others or focus on petty needs of others. Other people should focus on dying person and try to make him/ her comfortable. Now I know people will say Hazrat Fatima (A.S.) did the housework on Her last day and She told Hazrat Ali (A.S.) to get married. Hazrat Fatima (A.S.) was infallible, She also knew exactly what was going to happen and She was sure that She was going to heaven. I am sure Hazrat Ali (A.S.) was more worried about Her than His loneliness. 

Sometimes it feels like we are all ruled by someone like Negan who is extremely cruel but he pretends to be extremely just and caring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Why do you think your mommy taught you to cook?  :D

I was at my little sister's today. Her friend cooked me lranian Fries and gave me some meat stuffed into a folded bread and baked called "food" :love:  <---luv 4 food

:eat: Inshallah, when l get to Jenna, l'II pick the "72 cooks".

Lol Hasanhh, men make pretty good cooks themselves although I get your point! : D

That sounds yum! My Iranian friend makes me delicious food whenever I see her. 

Hasanhh, isn't Jenna a girls name? :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how much things change in couple a years and how much our perspectives change. Things that used to get under your skin are pretty much irrelevant now. Cliche but true. 

On another note, this site has changed quite a bit too. I've been on here on and off for the past week after not being on for a little over a year and half and it looks so different!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2017 at 11:43 AM, Brained said:

You know when you've been sapped of all motivation and desire, when you're down and out and only trudge along because societal expectations keep you from falling.

I've got tons of things to do, responsibilities to fulfill, people to answer to, oh god. Life feels like a burden and I honestly don't know what to do.

Please keep me in your prayers. 

Hang in there, inshAllah it will come together. Life is full of ups and downs but no situation ever remains the same, although I understand it's difficult. Will keep you in my prayers. 

I love this quote: 

Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all it is only during the darkest nights that the stars shine more brightly. 

~ Imam Ali (a.s) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

really need your duas guys. I am awaiting a decision on something pretty critical to me at this stage in my life, they said they would email me yesterday, its still no word so I dont know what to do now

Whatever Allah wants right? Why worry? Whatever happens happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Romantic gesture from hubby trying to tell you you're the best wife ever?! :love:

Probably not. Hubby is great, but he's oblivious to flowers. Seriously. We had 3 foot tall big orange flowers along the front walkway, and I commented about them, and he had no idea what I was talking about until I took him outside and showed him. 

Either one of my teenage boys has an admirer, or, more likely, a neighbor is leaving them for my sweet and friendly little daughter, after watching her collecting wildflowers almost every day that she can. She always smiles and waves at all the neighbors, and says she's friends with all three elderly people who live in the three houses across the street. 

 

5 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Probably a serial killer trying to lure you out, I am feeling paranoid about this, my stranger danger senses are tingling. Better tell your husband about the flowers.

Also a possibility, but I'm pretty tough. If someone attacks me, I think I can take them, especially if it's one of the elderly neighbors like I suspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, notme said:

Also a possibility, but I'm pretty tough. If someone attacks me, I think I can take them, especially if it's one of the elderly neighbors like I suspect. 

Either way, it will not bode well for them, insha'Allah it gets resolved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, notme said:

Either one of my teenage boys has an admirer,

Do the youth even do that nowadays? I suppose it makes a difference from putting up pouting selfies on socia media in a bid to try and attract attention from the opposite sex.

23 minutes ago, notme said:

a neighbor is leaving them for my sweet and friendly little daughter, after watching her collecting wildflowers almost every day that she can. She always smiles and waves at all the neighbors, and says she's friends with all three elderly people who live in the three houses across the street. 

Aww, what a little darling! <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, notme said:

Also a possibility, but I'm pretty tough. If someone attacks me, I think I can take them, especially if it's one of the elderly neighbors like I suspect. 

a serial killer cant kill you...if YOU are the serial killer! walk round with a chainsaw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DigitalUmmah said:

really need your duas guys. I am awaiting a decision on something pretty critical to me at this stage in my life, they said they would email me yesterday, its still no word so I dont know what to do now

guys its good news....alhamdulillah :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DigitalUmmah said:

HA he came out holding a tatbir blade

I laughed actually.....until i imagined what the mother goes through. Birth is painful enough, birth while holding a tatbir blade?????? ouch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

a serial killer cant kill you...if YOU are the serial killer! walk round with a chainsaw. 

Oh, I do that all the time, either a chainsaw or a machete. 

I'm thinking about mixing things up and going out today with a reciprocating saw, only I need a 500' extension cord unless I want to carry trees closer to the house. I think carrying trees shouldn't be too bad. I'll try it, inshaAllah.

If you were a serial killer, would a reciprocating saw scare you off? Or a hijabi lady carrying trees? 

Edited by notme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Either way, it will not bode well for them, insha'Allah it gets resolved.

I sometimes get weird apologetic notes in my mailbox.

Most are generic inter-ethnic strife stuff.

one  recently was apologizing for some past wrong they felt they had done to me personally. ( unsigned so no way to follow up)

either the person had the wrong mailbox or I have forgotten the incident because it made no sense.

If so,as I've said before, I like forgetting nasty stuff.

I am down with this plan.

By the time I am much older I will have forgotten it all and everybody will be my best friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, notme said:

Oh, I do that all the time, either a chainsaw or a machete. 

I'm thinking about mixing things up and going out today with a reciprocating saw, only I need a 500' extension cord unless I want to carry trees closer to the house. I think carrying trees shouldn't be too bad. I'll try it, inshaAllah.

If you were a serial killer, would a reciprocating saw scare you off? Or a hijabi lady carrying trees? 

I have found that against  a marauding serial killer ,zombies,or the odd vampire, any gardening tool will do in a pinch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...