Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
oxyvie

Hizb at-Tahrir

Rate this topic

As Salam Alaykom dear brothers and sisters, let me ask a question about the Hizb at-Tahrir social and political movement. What is the Shia stanze with reference to this initiative? My belief is that this grass-roots movement helps Muslims in different countries unite in one Ummah. In other words, it seeks to attain good objectives - building and developing strong Muslim community across borders. Setting aside a political element, the social rationale behind Hizb at-Tahrir is based on positive Islamic assumptions - to pursue unity and build a strong common identity. It is about implementing the principles of Islam in everyday life of individual people and all the Muslim community. And how do you feel about this issue?

Salam

I have personal experience with them. they are indeed a "grass roots" initiative to seek out impressionable and lonely/ socially outcast muslims.

from my own experience their beliefs and sources are flawed, and they seem to be "introducers" for their recruits to more hard line salafi groups.

3 hours ago, Ali.Isa said:

:bismillah:

Salam, which hizb at-tahrir you mean, give us a link from wiki!

As Salam Alaykom, there is one movement with chapters (branches) operating in particular countries. The idea is to unite Muslims in different geographical locations.

We are already united, what kind of unity are you referring to. Do you believe muslims are disunited or what!

I do mean all muslims, the movement of unity happens between muslims and it takes time, but no group has right to usurp it and control it, it is a gift from Allah, as time passes this unity will show it self stronger and manifest itself to the world.

No dear Brother, I couldn't agree with you less... We may have different observations, though. My utopian and maybe naive idea would be the entire Islamdom speaking in one voice and adopting a common stanze vis-a-vis the international affairs. This will not come true so quickly for a number of reasons: particular nationalistic status-quos of respective countries, lack of power on the part of ordinary Muslim citizens to develop cross-border collaboration, external lobbying groups that drive the infamous Sunni-Shia split, Muslims pre-occupied with the necessities of life, etc. etc. I would daresay it takes effort to shape unity - whereas a lot of people give it up and cultivate their private and internal faith (nothing bad, by the way) but does not contribute to consolidating the Ummah on a global scale

What international affairs, give some examples! It is your views on the Muslim Ummah, so necessary it does not mean the status quo is like that. The problem does not get solved through some group, but it is the scholars that will strengthen further the Muslim Ummah through more unity, and people need to listen and follow their scholars if they want a strong Ummah unified against external threats and internal threat. You have to prove it, there is a split between so called shia/sunnah and sunnah/sunni and your other points does not mean hundred percent correct for all Muslim nations and Muslim families because there is all different human beings and Muslim nations are all different progressive on those issue. Our smallest unit is not individualistic but it is familyhood.