Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Guest Slave of Zahra

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has said:

“God shall grant status and esteem to a person who, upon hearing my teachings, pays heed to them, retains them in memory and conveys them to those who have not heard them.”

al-Kafi, volume 1, page 403;

Behar al-Anwar, volume 2, page 148

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highly sensitive people are too often perceived as weaklings or damaged goods. To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness, it is the trademark of the truly alive and compassionate. It is not the e

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Messenger of God (pbuh) has said:

“If you want ease and success in this world, the death of a martyr, to be saved on the Day of Loss, a shade on the Day of the burning Judgement, and guidance on the Day of going astray, then take lessons from the Quran. Surely it is the word of the Merciful, a protection from Satan, and one of the most weightiest of things for the scale of (good) deeds (on the Day of Judgement).”

Jame’ al-Akhbar,

Page 78

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Shall I introduce to you a weapon which will both keep you safe from the evils of your enemies and have your sustenance increased? Call upon your Lord day and night with du’a, for du’a is the weapon of the believer.”

‘Udatt ad-Da’ei, #538

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam ‘Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as) has said:

“Having the Greatness of the Creator in your mind would make you realize the insignificance of the creatures in your view.”

Nahj al-Balaghah,

Statement 129

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Zayn al-‘Abedin (as) has said:

“If people knew the worth of acquiring knowledge, they would have done so even at the cost of a bleeding heart and by diving in stormy waves. Verily, God, the Glorious and the Elevated One revealed to the Prophet Daniel to the effect:

‘The most detestable of My servants is that ignorant one who underrates the learned men and ceases to follow their footsteps. The most beloved among My servants is one who wards off evil seeking My maximum rewards, remains in contact with the learned men, follows in the wake of the forbearing and accepts the advice of the sages.’”

Usoul al-Kafi,

Chapter 4

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Husayn (as) has said:

“One who pursues a goal through sinful ways, will ironically distance himself from that goal, and will approach what he was afraid of.”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 78, page 120

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Ibn Babeweyh narrated from Ali bin Ahmad bin Mohammad Al-Daqqaq, from Mohammad bin Abi Abillah Al-Koufi, from Musa bin ‘Imran Al-Nakha’ee, from his uncle Husain bin Yazid, from Ali bin Abi Hamza, from Yahya bin Qasem, who said:

I asked Imam Sadiq (as) about the verse, “ALIF, LAAM, MEEM. This is the Book; there is no doubt in it, (it is) a guidance for those who are pious, who believe in the unseen” (2:1-3).

Imam (as) replied:

“Those who are pious” are the Shia of Ali.

“The unseen” is the Decisive Proof (atf) who will be in hiding.

The supporting evidence for this (explanation) is the following verse, “And they say: ‘Why is not a sign sent down to him from his Lord?’ Say: ‘Verily, the unseen is only for Allah (to know), therefore wait; verily I am with you, among those who wait” (10:20).

The Qa'em in the Qur'an by Sayyid Hashim al-Bahraani, p. 88 (2006)

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Know that surely the world’s sweetness and bitterness are all [nothing but] dreams. Awareness is solely in the hereafter. The winner is the one who wins the other world and the wretched is the one who becomes wretched in it [the hereafter].”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 45, page 91

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“If the world is counted valuable, surely the house of God’s rewards is higher and more worthy. If bodies were created for death, surely being killed with swords in the way of God is a more honourable death. If the share of daily sustenance of each creature is provided by the creator, surely it is not decent for man to be greedy for gaining and eating too much. If wealth is amassed for one day to be left, then why [does] a free man become so miser on something he has to leave.”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 44, page 374

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“The sigh of the people of Hell is mostly because of the postponement of repenting.”

al-Mahajjat al-Baydha

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq (as) has said,

“The one who loves for God, hates for God, and donates (things) for God, thus he is one of those whose faith is complete.”

al-Kafi,

Volume 2, page 124

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“The Quran is God’s university; so, learn as much as you can in this university.”

Bihar al-Anwar,

Volume 92, page 19

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Muhammad al-Baqer (as) has said:

“Avoid laziness and discontent. These two are the keys to every vice.”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 78, page 175

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Death is only a bridge which takes you from misery and loss to the vast Paradise and the eternal graces. Then, is there anyone among you who dislikes to be transferred from a prison to a palace? For your enemies death is the opposite, it is like being transferred from a palace to a prison to be tortured. As my father quoted the Prophet (pbuh) as saying, ‘Surely, this world is a prison for the believer and a Paradise for the infidel.’ Death is a bridge to take some to their Paradise and some to their Hell.”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 44, page 297

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“When charity (alms) is delivered out of the hand of its owner, it (the thing being given) says five things: ‘At first I was perishing and you gave me life; I was insignificant and you made me great; I was an enemy and you turned me into a friend; you used to protect me then but now I will protect you up to the Day of Resurrection.’”

al-Ithna ‘Ashariyah,

Page 223

• Advanced Member
(bismillah)

(salam)

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) has said:

“Whoever sleeps through an obligatory, recommended or supererogatory prayer is at fault, and his sleep is the sleep of the heedless and the path of the losers; he is at fault.”

Lantern of the Path, Section 20,

On Sleep

(bismillah)

(salam)

What does this mean ???

(wasalam)

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq (as) has said:

“Do not show off your actions to someone who neither gives life nor causes death, and who cannot take away from you your burdens. Showing off is a tree whose only fruit is hidden association of other gods with God and its root is hypocrisy.

The vain one will be told on the Day of Judgement: ‘Take what you consider to be the reward of your actions from those you took as your partners with Me. Look to those whom you worshipped and called on, from whom you entertained hopes and whom you feared. And know that you cannot conceal anything inside of you from God, you will be deceived by yourself.’”

Lantern of the Path,

Showing Off

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“People are the dependents of God for sustenance, so the most beloved one of people with Him is the one who is helpful to the dependents God and makes the family members of a house happy.”

al-Kafi,

Volume 2, page 164

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Happy is he who has not great expectations and wishes (in his life) and tries to make the most of his remaining life-time.”

Ghurar al-Hekam,

Page 206

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Ask others to do good; you will thus be among the good doers. Desist others from evil with your action as well as your speech, and stay away, to the best of your ability, from he who commits it. Struggle for God as is His due; and the reviling of a reviler should not deter you in matters of God. Leap into danger for the sake of right wherever it may be.”

Nahj al-Balaghah,

Page 392, letter 31

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Two things cause people to be destroyed (and lead unto Hell): fear of poverty, and seeking superiority through pride.”

Bihar al-Anwar,

Volume 72, page 39

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“God will make everything fear whoever fears God, and will make whoever does not fear Him fear everything.”

Meshkat al-Anwar,

On Fear and Hope

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Whoever satiates a hungry believer so that the one is satisfied fully; neither a human being among people nor a near-stationed angel nor a divine Messenger knows how great his reward is in the Hereafter except God, the Lord of the Worlds.”

Then, he added: “Feeding a hungry Muslim is from among the means of forgiveness.”

After that he recited the word of God, Almighty and Glorious: “Or the feeding on a day of hunger, of an orphan near of kin, or to the indigent (down) in the dust.” (Surat al-Balad, number 90, verses 14 to 16).

al-Kafi,

Volume 2, page 201

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Holy Prophet (pbuh) defined a good friend in these words:

“He is the one whose very sight makes you remember God, whose conversation increases your knowledge, and whose deeds remind you of the world in the Hereafter.”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 15, page 51

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“An unlawful look (at non-mahram) is an arrow from the arrows of Satan which is poisonous. He who abandons it for the sake of God, Almighty and Glorious, and not for something else, consequently, God will give him a Faith that he finds its pleasure (in his self).”

Man La Yahdhuruhu al-Faqih,

Volume 4, page 18

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Holy Prophet of Islam (pbuh) has said:

“Those who befriend each other for the sake of God, the Most High, shall be resting on the pillars of ruby in the Paradise, supervising the inmates of Paradise. Whenever one of them comes forth, his splendour shall fill the houses of the people of Paradise. Then the people of the Paradise shall say: ‘Let us out so that we can have a glimpse of those who befriended each other for the pleasure of God.’ Then they will be brought out to see them. One of them will have a face like the full moon, and on their foreheads will be written: These are the people befriending each other for the sake of God!”

al-Amali,

Eighth Assembly

--

You're most welcome, Healer. Please remember me in your du'as.

Edited by Ali Mahdi
  • Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

It has been narrated from Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) that he said:

“A person seeing (visiting) my grave deserves my intercession. And a person who visits me after my death is like a person who visited me during my lifetime.”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 96, page 334

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Be the friend of he who may grace you, not of one whom you are better than.” (- viz. make friends with ones who are higher than you so that you progress.)

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 76, page 267

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam as-Sadeq (as) narrates from his forefathers (as), from the Messenger of God (pbuh), who said:

“He who feeds a believer to satiate him, God will feed him from the fruits of Heaven; he who dresses him to cover his nakedness, God will give him clothing of brocade and silk; he who quenches the thirst of a believer, God will give him drink of the sealed container; and he who helps him or removes his grief, God will settle him under the shade of His Throne on the Day of Reckoning when there is no shade except for His Shade.”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 74, page 382

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Husayn ibn ‘Ali (as) has said:

“Oh son of Adam! Think for a while and ask yourself: Where are the kings and emperors of the world? Where are those who rebuilt the ruins, dug ditches and wells, planted trees and set up habitable towns? Where are those who gathered wealth? They had to part with their wealth and properties and leave them to others reluctantly. We, too, will have the same fate.”

Irshad al-Kuloub,

Volume 1, page 29

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Sins will not be minor ones if you insist on committing them, and they will not be major ones if you repent and ask for forgiveness.”

Meshkat al-Anwar,

On Avoiding the Forbidden and the Like

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

The Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) has advised:

“When making a decision to do something, think about its outcome. If it is good for your advancement and development, follow it, but if it is misleading, leave it out....”

Behar al-Anwar,

Volume 77, page 130

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

“Good temper will melt your sins just as the sun melts frozen goods. Bad temper will spoil your deeds just as vinegar spoils honey.”

Meshkat al-Anwar,

On Being Good Tempered

• Veteran Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

God’s Prophet, Muhammad (pbuh), has said:

“Generosity is a tree rooted in Heaven with its branches hanging over the Earth. Whoever grabs one of those branches will climb up it to Heaven.”

Meshkat al-Anwar,

On Generosity and Stinginess