Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Slave of Zahra

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

"Whenever the eye looks at something forbidden, a knot of desire is tied in the person’s heart, and that knot will only be untied by one of two conditions: either by weeping out of grief and regret in true repentance, or by taking possession of what one desired and looked at. And if a person takes possession unjustly, without repentance, then that will take him to the Fire. As for the one who repents of it with grief and regret, his abode is the Garden and his destiny is Allah’s favour."

Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (as)

سمعت حمران بن أعين يسأل أبا جعفر عليه السلام عن قول الله تبارك تعالى بديع السماوات والأرض فقال أبو جعفر ان الله ابتدع الأشياء كلها على غير مثال كان وابتدع السماوات والأرض ولم يكن قبلهن سماوات ولا أرضون اما تسمع قوله تعالى وكان عرشه على الماء فقال له حمران بن أعين أرأيت قوله عالم الغيب فلا يظهر على غيبه أحدا فقال له أبو جعفر عليه السلام الا من ارتضى من رسول وكان محمد والله ممن ارتضاه واما قوله تبارك وتعالى عالم الغيب فان الله عالم بما غاب عن خلقه بما يقدر من شيء ويقضيه في علمه فذلك يا حمران علم موقوف عنده إليه فيه المشية فيقضيه إذا أراد ويبدو له فيه فلا يمضيه فاما العلم الذي يقدره الله ويقضيه ويمضيه فهو العلم الذي انتهى إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله ثم إلينا

Narrated to us Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al-Hassan Bin Mahboub, from Ali Bin Ra'ab, from Sadeer who said:

"I heard Humran ibn A‘yan ask abu Ja‘far (as) about the words of Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High Allah, ‘. . . One Who is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. . .’" [6:101] Abu Ja‘far (as) said, "Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, originated all things through His knowledge. It was unprecedented. He invented the heavens and earths and there were no heavens and earths before. Have you not considered the words of Allah, ". . .His Throne existed on water. . ." [11:7]

Humran then said, "Have you considered His words, Majestic is Whose name, ‘He knows the unseen and He does not allow anyone to know His secrets . . ." [72:26]

Abu Ja‘far (as) then said, " except those of His Messengers whom He chooses. [72:26] Muhammad (as), I swear by Allah, was one of those whom Allah had chosen. However, there are His words "He knows the hidden facts." The fact that Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, knows what is hidden from His creatures of the things that He measures and determines and decrees in His knowledge before creating it and before assigning to the angels, it is because of the following. O Humran, there is the knowledge withheld before Him in which He has a wish. He then decrees it when He wills. Bada’ may take place in it and He then will not decree it. The knowledge that, however, Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, measures and determines and approves is the knowledge that reaches the Messenger of Allah and then it reaches us."

[source: Basaar Al-Darjaat, Vol.2, Chapter. 22, Hadees. 1 & Al-Kafi, Vol.1 Pg. 256]

All narrators are trustworthy. Narration is Saheeh (Authentic).

[Regarding Sadeer Al-Sairafi, he is considered as Trustworthy by Sayed Khoi. See Mojam Al-Rijal, Narrator no. 4992]

http://www.marefatea...bait/ilm-e-gaib

Edited by muhibb-ali

"People are slaves to the world , and as long as they live favorable and comfortable lives , they are loyal to religious principles. However , at hard times , the times of trials , true religious people are scarce."

Imam Hussain(as) {Bihar al-Anwar, Vol. 78, p.117}

assalamu alaikum

since this is the quran and hadith forum ..i thought i would post the hadiths i get in my email everyday inshallah.. anyone can contribute as well.. i will just post a new one in this thread everyday inshallah... i hope u guys enjoy them...

]It is narrated that the Prophet (saw) has said:

Allah does not look at (the value of) you faces nor you wealth but

He looks at you heart and practice

Very nice thank you for sharing it