Guest Slave of Zahra

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

1. "There are two types of problems in the world (i) The one which can be solved (ii) The one which can not be solved. Why to worry about the (i) which can be solved? What is the benefit of worrying for (ii) which can not be solved. Hence just chill and try to solve the problem which can be solved instead of worrying about it and leave the problem which can not be solved"

Guest silasun

Wise words from wise men:

Pinky: Gee, Brain, what do you want to do tonight?

Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world

On 03/09/2016 at 8:17 AM, silasun said:

Awwooohhh you've got me feeling all nostalgic.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:17 AM, silasun said:

"... -try to take over the World "    ?    "The way it is, who would want it?"  --quote from Granny, The Beverly Hillbillies in response to Jed quoting, "the meek shall inherit the earth".

1366 - The Prophet Mohammad PBUH says:
ﻻ ﺧﻴﺮ ﻟﻚ ﻓﻲ ﺻﺤﺒﺔ ﻣﻦ ﻻ ﻳﺮﻯ ﻟﻚ ﻣﺎ ﻳﺮﻯ ﻟﻨﻔﺴﻪ.
No good can you find in the company of the one who does not count himself equal to you.
Nahjul Fasahah

Edited by Haimi

'Within every one of us there is a Shimr that has the potential to kill Al-Hussain (as). Our duty is to stop ourselves from being such individuals by focusing towards the direction of worship and obedience (to Allah).' 

- Ayatollah Bahjat

w535

Don't do your job for Allah, do Allah's job. The difference is just that Hussain may be in Karbala and me gaining knowledge for the sake of Allah…!

Seyed Morteza Avini

-----

Meaning: Doing our jobs for Allah isn't enough, because there may be another responsibility for us to take. So we should try to seek and find what our duty is and where it resides. This is the true meaning of basirah (wisdom).

"Everybody out there ...every American who is thinking  'l'll go to Canada' ...(that) you get to flee to another country, (to) give up here...Being an American citizen is like family...you are in it whether you like it or not."

---Stephen Tyrone Colbert, CBS The Late Show, 09Nov16

Edited by hasanhh
spelin' agin'

“It's not a man's working hours that is important, it is how he spends his leisure time.” 

“A little too much anger, too often or at the wrong time, can destroy more than you would ever imagine. Above all, mind what you say. “Behold how much wood is kindled by how small a fire, and the tongue is a fire”—that’s the truth.” 

“That is to say, I pray for you. And there's an intimacy in it. That's the truth.” 

“You can know a thing to death and be for all purposes completely ignorant of it. A man can know his father, or his son, and there might still be nothing between them but loyalty and love and mutual incomprehension.” 

"Now that I look back, it seems to me that in all that deep darkness a miracle was preparing. So I am right to remember it as a blessed time, and myself as waiting in confidence, even if I had no idea what I was waiting for."

“All this seems preposterous. But in fact one lapse of judgment can quickly create a situation in which only foolish choices are possible.” 

“And now they say my heart is failing. The doctor used the term "angina pectoris," which has a theological sound, like misericordia.” 

There are a lot of such gems in Marilynne Robinson's book Gilead.

Edited by Islamic Salvation