Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Slave of Zahra

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

This can apply to any  gov't or social system:

"Though 'egoists' and 'locusts' attempted to undermine the system."

--Dmitrii Vasil`Evich Pavlov, The Blockade. D.V.Pavlov was in charge of the food rationing in Leningrad during the Nazi's siege --actually a deliberate starvation siege (as Hitler proclaimed in a Munich speech) as the Wehrmacht killed just over 5,000 -wounding 20,000-  while over a million died. [Sources say anywhere from 682K to 1 1/2M. One grave site has 1/2 million]

Edited by hasanhh

"Depends what you mean by Shi`ism. If you mean the belief in and following of the twelve Imams of the Prophet's family, as exemplified by the pious salaf and great shuyukh of this ta'ifa, then Shi`ism (or, Tashayyu`) is nothing other than Islam itself, free of all heresies and distortions. But if you mean much of this popular cultural "Shi`ism", a mishmash of ghulw, speculations, and cultural accretions, then that can properly go to Hell for all I care."

Pre-Waq Darcy

On 13/01/2014 at 11:55 PM, Grief said:

(bismillah)

(salam)

Genesis 3:19 - By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food till you return unto the ground; for out of it were you taken: for dust you are, and unto dust shall you return."

SubhanAllah. Sometimes when I read the Bible, I can see that the same God that wrote the Quran wrote it. You can just feel  in your heart that the books of God were written by the same author.

This is the symbolism of us praying on dust (Earth tablets) as you can see here:

ayatullah-prayering-near-grave1.jpg

The tablet that is in front of him is what we prostrate on. It is made of compacted Earth. When we rise from prostration the first time, it symbolises our creation and emergence from the Earth (just as the Bible stated above), then, the short few seconds that we are in a sitting position between the two prostrations that are present in a prayer, we say "Astaghfirullah ha rabbi wa a'tuubu ilayh" meaning "I seek forgiveness from my lord and I am repentant towards him". This symbolises our lives, the sole purpose of which is to repent unto God and ask for his forgiveness. It also shows how short life is.

Our Prophet (pbuh) was asked once, "what is life?" and he replied "the distance between two prostrations".

Then, we go down into the second prostration after the repentance which symbolised our lives. This portion represents our death and how we will return to this Earth and become dust once again, just as we were given rise through it.

Then, rising from this prostration symbolises our final rise on the Day of Judgement, when we will be brought back to life to be judged once again, but we don't go back into prostration after this. We stand up instead. This shows how the afterlife is eternal  and how we never die when we are present in it, while this life only lasts the few seconds between the two prostrations.

I thought it was interesting to see the parallel. Thanks for sharing your quote about arrogance as well. It is a good reminder.

Some more quotes about arrogance:

"Do not walk proudly on the land, as your feet cannot tear apart the earth nor are you as tall as the mountains." Quran 17:37.

"Oh man, you come from a drop of semen and you leave as a piece of dust. You don't know when you came and you don't know when you're leaving. Yet you go around thinking you know everything." Imam Ali (as) .

(wasalam)

13183392_1609766586016586_496238428_n.jpg

^^^^As l remember, there is also some of this involving David-as.

Found it, inshallah:

Prostrate: 2Chronicles(or Douay's Paralipomenon) 29:20

Washing + Clean Clothes:  2Samuel (or Douay's 2Kings) 12:20

Edited by hasanhh
Found some of it:

1 hour ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I sense that @Heavenly_Silk's about to break out a hardcore Urdu diss rap directed at @hasanhh's criticism of her font selection.

I only inquired about her screen name ...

l never commented about her bobble-head looking avatar.   :D

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 4:05 AM, hasanhh said:

^^^^As l remember, there is also some of this involving David-as.

Found it, inshallah:

Prostrate: 2Chronicles(or Douay's Paralipomenon) 29:20

Washing + Clean Clothes:  2Samuel (or Douay's 2Kings) 12:20

Found another one:

Nehemiah (pronounced Ne-hem-yah) which depending on which bible is Ezra or 2Esdras.

Nehemiah 8:6  --bowed to ehYaw "faces to the ground" [as in "on the ground"]

8 hours ago, Jebreil said:

بسم الله الرحمن الرحیم

السلام علیکم

@Pearl178 - what a wonderful quote! In which heaven did you pick that one up?

P.S. Why doesn't my @-tag turn blue? Is there anybody to come to the aid of this ailing angel? Anybody to explain these exotic features please? SC's become so glitzy, I think if I should come back I would get dazzled to death.

و علیکم السلام

Try again without the arabic first, or update your flash and browser? But you know, it happens to me to, works most of the time, and not others.

Sometimes i write @p then the next letter, and scroll down to find the name.

Let us be graced with your return, and it will be we who are dazzled to death.

l was watching a DeutscheWelle program "Reporters" which was doing a piece on German soldiers in Mali (collocated with Dutch troops).

ln the course of the program they interviewed a woman selling produce. She said two things: that it would help if the soldiers bought some of the local vegetables as it would help feed her family (with other food groups, starch and meat).. Then she said,

Peace comes through the stomach.

Kinda Napoleonic don't you think?