Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Slave of Zahra

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

If a man is called a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and Earth will pause to say, Here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well.

 -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"To assign attributes to Mystery is to disenchant it, to take away its luminescence."

--Ursula Goodenough, biologist

^I strongly disagree.

 

"The sacred in science is uniquely revealed because it emanates from the profane -- the world directly before us if only we care to look."

--Adam Frank, astrophysicist 

^I agree with this one though. If you look, if you contemplate, stuff is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/05/2016 at 0:09 AM, Sumayyeh said:

image.jpg

I get goosebumps whenever I see something like this. To think there are people that actually swear and hit their own mothers...

Anyway, this reminded me of Imam Ali's (as) quote:

 

Edited by Vestige

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2016 at 7:31 PM, Vestige said:

I get goosebumps whenever I see something like this. To think there are people that actually swear and hit their own mothers...

Subhanallah, take a look at this Hadith:

Imam Sadegh (a):

Whoever looks at his parents with anger--even if they have wronged him--Allah will not accept any of his prayers.

(Al Kafi, Sheikh al Kulayni, volume 2, page 349)

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, starlight said:

innovation-quotes-12-728.jpg?cb=12422197

Star with photons: I do not like the word genius. l read a social commentary a few years ago on this word and the theme was "genius" is a catch-all-escape-word (3rd word is my phrasing) for people to explain away someone else's work because they do not understand it themselves. Basic examples are Edison, some painters and sculptors (no matter how erratic the expression), highly involved complex arrangements done by engineers or computer programmers, and so forth. So 'lesser' intellects call them a genius.

After several thoughts about this commentary, l personally conclude the author is correct.

Ramadhan Mubarak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one from Sakina, my 10-year-old precocious niece.

Why do women need pregnancy testing kits? They'll know in a month anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Another one from Sakina, my 10-year-old precocious niece.

Why do women need pregnancy testing kits? They'll know in a month anyway.

So they know if they need to hurry up and get that abortion pill --like sold in Mexico. It was on the radio feature yesterday, but l forget the name. Not the morning-after pill, this is a fetal-developed abortion pill. The sooner taken the less bleeding the reporter said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ schools are taking away kids' childhood too quickly as it is. Some UK schools are offering kids the chance to declare their gender as male/female/other -  may as well leave abortion till an older age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read a quote by Ashfaq Ahmed, 'when you hate a person, culture, religion or ethnicity, you become stuck with that hate. Gradually and slowly, you become like the person you hate'. I think this is true. Whenever I like a person, that person soon disappears from my life. And when I hate someone, (there's only one person I truly hate), I become stuck with that person. It's like the whole universe is trying to convince you to like that person. The painful part is that I am going to become like the person I hate. By this logic, Shias will become like Wahhabis and Wahhabis will become like Shias? 

Edited by rkazmi33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched Bajirao Mastani yesterday and I'm still fuming. Kashi deserved way better than that jerk of a husband who falls in love with Mastani after looking at her for a whole millisecond. Its times like this I wish I didn't get emotionally involved with everything I watch. :hahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ya Allah, you are my only hope in every difficulty. I have left everything for the sake of you. I have orphaned my children so I can come meet you. If they cut my body into a thousand pieces for the love of you, my heart would lean to none other than you." -Imam Hussain(ع) :'(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NooralHussain said:

"Ya Allah, you are my only hope in every difficulty. I have left everything for the sake of you. I have orphaned my children so I can come meet you. If they cut my body into a thousand pieces for the love of you, my heart would lean to none other than you." -Imam Hussain(ع) :'(

The bolded part is piece of Imam's beautiful Du'a during Ashura

اللّهُمَّ اَنْتَ ثِقَتي في كُلِّ كَرْبٍ وَرَجائِي في كُلِّ شِدَّة وَاَنْتَ لي في كُلِّ اَمْرٍ نَزَلَ بي ثِقَةٌ وَعُدَّة كَمْ مِن هَمٍ يَضْعُفُ مِنهُ الفُؤاد وَيَقِلُّ فِيهِ الحِيَل وَيَخْذُلُ فِيهِ الصَّديق وَيَشمَتُ فِيهِ العَدوُّ اَنْزَلتُهُ بِك وَشَكَوتُهُ اِلَيْك رَغبَةً مِنّي اِلَيْك عَمَّنْ سِواكَ فَفَرَّجْتَهُ وَكَشَفتَهُ وَاَنْتَ وَليُّ كُلِّ نِعْمَةٍ وَصَاحِبُ كُلِّ حَسَنَةٍ وَمُنْتَهىٍّ كُلِّ رَغبَة

 

The rest is part of poem that were said on behalf of imam hussain but not his own words

الهي تركت الخلق طرا في هواكا

و ايتمت العيال لكي اراكا

لو قطعتني في الحب اربا

لما مال الفؤاد الى سواكا

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Chaotic Muslem said:

The bolded part is piece of Imam's beautiful Du'a during Ashura

اللّهُمَّ اَنْتَ ثِقَتي في كُلِّ كَرْبٍ وَرَجائِي في كُلِّ شِدَّة وَاَنْتَ لي في كُلِّ اَمْرٍ نَزَلَ بي ثِقَةٌ وَعُدَّة كَمْ مِن هَمٍ يَضْعُفُ مِنهُ الفُؤاد وَيَقِلُّ فِيهِ الحِيَل وَيَخْذُلُ فِيهِ الصَّديق وَيَشمَتُ فِيهِ العَدوُّ اَنْزَلتُهُ بِك وَشَكَوتُهُ اِلَيْك رَغبَةً مِنّي اِلَيْك عَمَّنْ سِواكَ فَفَرَّجْتَهُ وَكَشَفتَهُ وَاَنْتَ وَليُّ كُلِّ نِعْمَةٍ وَصَاحِبُ كُلِّ حَسَنَةٍ وَمُنْتَهىٍّ كُلِّ رَغبَة

 

The rest is part of poem that were said on behalf of imam hussain but not his own words

الهي تركت الخلق طرا في هواكا

و ايتمت العيال لكي اراكا

لو قطعتني في الحب اربا

لما مال الفؤاد الى سواكا

Oh wow. My mistake then. I've heard that line of poetry many times in lectures, and the lecturer usually said it like it's something Imam Hussain(as) said on Ashura. But thankyou for letting me know :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not call onto any beings other than Allah. These are capable of neither benefit nor harm. To do so is therefore guilty of wrongdoing. When Allah inverts you with an affliction, none can remove it except Him
Quran Chapter 10 Verse 106-107

It is not who you were at birth that matters,
but what you do with the time you are given
Unknown

Edited by Inconsolable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...