Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Slave of Zahra

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Abal Hasan (as) said, "On the ring of Ali bin Husain (as) was written, "Disgraced and miserable are the killers of Husain bin Ali (as)"

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن علي بن معبد، عن الحسين بن خالد، عن أبي الحسن عليه السلام قال: كان على خاتم علي بن الحسين عليهما السلام " خزى وشقي قاتل الحسين بن علي عليهما السلام

[al-Kafi, Vol. 6, Pg. 474]

~Zekr (Remembrance) of Allah and tears for Imam Husain (as) ~

Narrated from some slave of Imam Ali bin al-Husain (as) that:

"One day Imam Ali bin Husain (as) went outside towards a desert and I followed him, and I found him doing Sajdah (prostration) upon rough stones. I stopped and I was hearing his sobbing and his crying and I counted a thousand times while the Imam (as) was saying, "  لا إله إلا الله حقا حقا ، لا إله إلا الله تعبدا ورقا ، لا إله إلا الله إيمانا وصدقا  ".

He then raised his head from Sujood and his beard and face were drenched with tears from His eyes.

I said, "My Master, is it not time that your grief ends and your crying reduces? 

Imam (as) said, "Woe to you, verifly Yaqoob bin Ishaq bin Ibraheem (as) was a Prophet and son of a Prophet and He had 12 sons and Allah made one of his sons to disappear, so the hair of his head turned white due to grief and his back bent due to the sorrow and his eyesight was lost due to crying, while His son was alive in the world. And I saw my Father, My brother and 17 members from my family lying dead, so how can my grief and crying end?

[source: Wasail al-Shia, Vol. 3, Pg. 282-283]

وعن بعض مواليه قال : خرج يوما إلى الصحراء فتبعته ، فوجدته قد سجد على حجارة خشنة ، فوقفت وأنا أسمع شهيقه وبكاءه ، وأحصيت له الف مرة وهو يقول : لا إله إلا الله حقا حقا ، لا إله إلا الله تعبدا ورقا ، لا إله إلا الله إيمانا وصدقا ، ثم رفع رأسه من سجوده ، وأن لحيته ووجهه قد غمرا بالماء من دموع عينيه ، فقلت : يا سيدي ، ما آن لحزنك أن ينقضي ؟! ولبكائك أن يقل ؟! فقال لي : ويحك ، إن يعقوب بن إسحاق بن إبراهيم كان نبيا ابن نبي ، وكان له اثنا عشر ابناً ، فغيب الله واحدا منهم ، فشاب رأسه من الحزن ، وأحدودب ظهره من الغم والهم ، وذهب بصره من البكاء ، وابنه حي في دار الدنيا ، وأنا رأيت أبي وأخي وسبعة عشر من أهل بيتي صرعى مقتولين ، فكيف ينقضي حزني ويذهب بكائي ؟

Edited by muhibb-ali

"[Egyptian] pyramids are highly praised, but they are the monuments of a slave people. The entire nation must have been made to work on them, otherwise such monstrosities would never have got built. What purpose did they serve? To keep in a tiny chamber the mummy of some prince, governor, or intendant whose soul would bring it back to life a thousand years later. But if they were hoping for the resurrection of the body, why remove the brain before embalming it? Without the brain, how were the Egyptians expected to rise from the dead?"

__ Voltaire

"Everything is all right."

__said Sipah Salaar Ali Hussain Khan to his daughters when he was going out to fight 25,000 British soldiers after every one from his regiment had been killed.

"Everything is all right."

__said Sipah Salaar Ali Hussain Khan to his daughters when he was going out to fight 25,000 British soldiers after every one from his regiment had been killed.

The secret lies in his name.  ;)

Imam Hussain (as) :

People are the world's slaves and religion is only on their tongue, if their prosperity is prepared for them, they will gather around the religion, but when their faith are examined, the true believers will be little

بحار الأنوار، ج 44، ص 383

"Just as politics cannot be separated from life, life cannot be separated from politics. People who consider themselves to be non-political are no different; they have already been assimilated by the dominant political culture. They just don't notice it anymore."

__ Pramoedya Ananta Toer, the Indonesian writer

(salam)

peace seeker ll: Your last quote reminds me of Marcus Aurelius, the Roman Emperor and Stoic, who wrote, "Never act like you will live another 10,000 years". I believe that is the exact translation.

(wasalam)

yeah good one :) nice to get a large variety of people here .. roman emperor! wow! masha Allah .. nice one thanks !

jazak Allah 

“A certain man once lost a diamond cuff-link in the wide blue sea, and twenty years later, on the exact day, a Friday apparently, he was eating a large fish - but there was no diamond inside. That’s what I like about coincidence.”

__ Vladimir Nabokov in Laughter in the Dark.

(salam)

from the 03Dec14 Diane Rehm Show on NPR:

She was interviewing David Rubenstein, founder and CEO of the Carlyle Group the investment fund, who worked in the Carte White House as a Domestic Advisor.

At the end of the interview segment, at the last of the radio program, he said, in near quotes,

That for the future, private-gov't partnerships/joint-ventures are needed "because gov't doesn't have any money".

Those who do not commit sins and have been gifted with safety (from sins) should take pity on sinners and other disobedient people. Gratefulness should be mostly their indulgence and it should prevent them from (finding faults with) others. What about the backbiter who blames his brother and finds fault with him? Does he not remember that Allah has concealed the sins which he committed while they were bigger than his brother's sins pointed out by him? How can he vilify him about his sins when he has himself committed one like it? Even if he has not committed a similar sin he must have committed bigger ones. By Allah, even if he did not commit big sins but committed only small sins, his exposing the sins of people is itself a big sin.

O creature of Allah, do not be quick in exposition anyone's sin for he may be forgiven for it, and do not feel yourself safe even for a small sin because you may be punished for it. Therefore, every one of you who comes to know the faults of others should not expose them in view of what he knows about his own faults, and he should remain busy in thanks that he has been saved from what others have been indulging in.

Nahjul Balagha Sermon 140