Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Slave of Zahra

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

PROCTOPHANTASMIST

Damned tribe, how dare you carry on like this?. . .

BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WITCH [dancing]

What's that man doing at our ball?

FAUST [dancing]

He pokes his nose in everywhere, that's all. . .

PROCTOPHANTASMIST

Still there? You are very impertinent!

Vanish, will you! This is the Enlightenment!

...For years I've swept away the non-existent

And still it's there. Oh very impertinent!

— Von Goethe, Faust, part 1, Walpurgis Night

حدثنا احمد بن محمد عن الحسن بن على عن ابى الصخرة قال حدثنى الحسن بن على قال دخلت انا ورجل من اصحابنا على على بن عيسى بن عبدالله بن ابى طاهر العلوى قال ابوالصخر فاظنه من ولد عمر بن على قال وكان ابوطاهر في دار الصيديين نازل قال فدخلنا عليه عند العصر وبين يديه ركوة من ماء وهو يتمسح فسلمت عليه فرد علينا السلام ثم ابتدأنا فقال معكم احد فقلنا لا ثم التفت يمينا وشمالا لا يرى احدا ثم قال اخبرنى ابى عن جدى انه كان مع ابى جعفر محمد بن على يمنى و هو يرمى الجمرات وان ابا جعفر عليه السلام رمى الجمرات قال فاستتمها ثم بقى في يده بعد خمس حصيات فرمى اثنتين في ناحية وثلثة في ناحية فقال له جدى جعلت فداك لقد رايتك صنعت شيئا ماصعنه احد قط رايتك رميت الجمرات ثم رميت بخمسة بعد ذلك ثلثة في ناحية واثنين في ناحية قال نعم انه اذا كان كل موسم اخرجا الفاسقين الغاصبين ثم يفرق بينهما هيهنا لايراهما الا امام عدل فرميت الاول اثنتين والاخر ثلثة لان الاخر اخبث من الاول

It has been narrated to us from Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al-Hassan Bin Ali, from Abu Al-Sakhrat, from Al-Hassan Bin Ali who said:

"I and a man from our companions came to Ali Bin Isa Bin Abdullah Bin Abu Tahir Al-Alawy. Abu Al-Sakhr said, "I think you are the son of Umar bin Ali. And Abu Tahir was staying in the house of the two chiefs. We came to him during late afternoon (Al-Asr), and in front of him was a pool of water and he was wiping himself. We greeted to him. He returned the greeting to us, then he began by saying, 'Is there anyone else with you?' We said, 'No'. Then he turned to the right and left, he did not see anyone, then said:

"My father informed me from my grandfather and he was with Abu Jafar Muhammad Bin Ali (as) at Mina, and he was performing Ramy (Throwing of pebbles at the three pillars), and that Abu Jafar Muhammad Bin Ali (as was also performing Ramy. After He completed it, there remained in His hands five pebbles. He threw two on this side and three on the other side. My grandfather said Him,"May I be sacrificed for You, I saw You do something that no one else has done at all. I saw You throw at the pillars, then thrown five after that, three on this side and two on the other side."

Imam (as) said: "Yes, it is as if in every season come out the transgressors, the usurpers, and there is separation between them over here. No one sees these two except for the Just Imam (as). He throws two at the first, and three at the other, for
the other one is worse than the first one."

[source: Basaair al-Darajaat, Vol. 6, Pg. 306, Hadith. 8]

(bismillah)

"Don't feel lonely on the road of righteousness because of the fewness of the walkers on it"

Imam Ali (A.S)

mashallah, truly beutiful, alhamdillah for everything.

(bismillah)

Imām Ja'far ibn Muhammad  al-Sādiq (A.S.) said:

"Be on your guard against your desires as you guard against your enemies, for there is nothing worse as an enemy to men than following their desires and the consequences of their tongues [i.e. speech]."

[Reference:  al-Kafi, v. 2, p. 335, no. 1]
Edited by katyushka

"... I carefully studied his [Obama's] address to the nation on Tuesday. And I would rather disagree with a case he made on American exceptionalism, stating that the United States’ policy is “what makes America different. It’s what makes us exceptional.” It is extremely dangerous to encourage people to see themselves as exceptional, whatever the motivation. There are big countries and small countries, rich and poor, those with long democratic traditions and those still finding their way to democracy. Their policies differ, too. We are all different, but when we ask for the Lord’s blessings, we must not forget that God created us equal."

— Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, A Plea for Caution From Russia, New York Times, 11-9-13

—Класс.

Edited by Servidor

— но зачем нам и делаться дурными, не правда ли, господа? Будем, во-первых и прежде всего, добры, потом честны...

— Ах, деточки, ах, милые друзья, не бойтесь жизни! Как хороша жизнь, когда что-нибудь сделаешь хорошее и правдивое!

"But why should we become bad, gentlemen, isn't that true? Let us first of all and before all be kind, then honest...

Ah, children, ah, dear friends, do not be afraid of life! How good life is when you do something good and right!"

— Лёшенька, Братья Карамазовы, Эпилог 3, Похороны Илюшечки. Речь у камня

— Lyoshenka, the Brothers Karamazov, Epilogue 3, Ilyushechka's Funeral. The Speech at the Stone

"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways ..."

Edited by Islamic Salvation

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Albert Einstein

^ This one is interesting.

Edited by Ali-F

"Wars teach us to love detail: the shape of our door keys, how to comb our wheat with eyelashes and walk lightly on our land, how to cherish the hours before sunset over the zanzalakht . . .  And wars teach us to see God’s image in everything, and to bear / the burden of myths" Mahmoud Darwish

وَ عَنْهُ، عَنِ ابْنِ عُلْوَانَ، عَنْ جَعْفَرِ بْنِ مُحَمَّدٍ، عَنْ أَبِيهِ، عَنْ جَدِّهِ عَلِيِّ بْنِ أَبِي طَالِبٍ عَلَيْهِ السَّلَامُ قَالَ::
إِذَا حَمَلَ أَهْلُ وَلَايَتِنَا عَلَى صِرَاطِ يَوْمِ الْقِيَامَةِ، نَادَى مُنَادٍ: يَا نَارُ اخْمُدِي. فَتَقُولُ النَّارُ: عَجِّلُوا جُوزُونِي فَقَدْ أَطْفَأَ نُورُكُمْ لَهَبِي

Amir al-Momineen (as) said, "When those who believe in our Wilayah come over the Siraat, a caller will call, "O Fire, Cool down". Then the Fire will say, "Cross over fast, Your Noor (light) is extinguishing my flames."

[Qurb al-Asnaad, Pg. 102]

(salam)

"It's huge. It's absolutely an Emergency"

Dr. Frieden, CDC Chief on the Ebola Outbreak, during his visit to West Africa in a phone interview by WSB Radio, Atlanta.

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution, ajc.com, Tues26Aug14,1202hrsEDT

"Ebola Outbreak  'worse than we feared'  CDC chief says on visit to West Africa"

'What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works (if thou can), and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?'

- James

So you are taking the Roman Catholic position against Luther's "salvation by faith alone" ?

Indeed. Iman and Amalus-Salih all the way. Of course James would balk at being associated to what would come to be Catholicism.

'But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the word, this man shall be blessed in his deed. If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this: To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world'

- James

Ничего, стоять и умирать.

"Do nothing, stand and die."

—Count Alexander Ivanovich Osterman-Tolstoi's reply when asked by a panicking soldier: "What do we do?!" as Napoleon's artillery and numbers threatened to overwhelm the rearguard of the Russian strategic retreat under his command.

Islamic Salvation:

(salam)

You began, "Indeed", which is lslamically correct.

The thing about quoting from the New Testament is that the surviving manuscripts are in Greek and Greeks were an enemy to early Christians/Jewish Revival. The Greek teachers in Rome and to the Emperor were very much anti-Christian.

The "Heretics" wrote in the same language. [That is how the Book of Mark survived into the modern era, an edited "Secret Book of Mark"]

Isa(as) taught in Hebrew (not the Aramaic myth) and the Injil, what ever its content, did not survive the persecutions.

Did you ever read Eusebius?

(salam)

"If we don't stop it here, we're going to be dealing with it for years around the World. But we can still stop it."

.          Dr. Tom Frieden, Director CDC, on the Ebola epidemic:Thursday, 28Aug14 during a 3 day visit to Liberia

'Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death'

- James

"In all the ills that befall us, we are more concerned by the intention than the result. A tile that falls off a roof may injure us more seriously, but it will not wound us so deeply as a stone thrown deliberately by a malevolent hand. The blow may miss, but the intention always strikes home.”   

- Jean Jacques Rousseau (Reveries of the Solitary Walker)

(salam)

Marbles: after yesterday, with the EU saying they are in a "state of war" with Russia,  Europe has gone mad, too.

In Heathen-Pagan Western Tradition, they have the saying: "Whomever the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad".

Some, maybe we should alter the name from "European Union" to  the "Mad Union" ?