Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Guest Slave of Zahra

• Veteran Member

"I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is. I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute".

__Rebecca West

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A man asked Shaikh Muhammed al Ghazali:  “What is the ruling of a person who doesn’t pray?” ‎He said:  ‎حكمه أن تأخذه معك إلى المسجد ‎"The ruling is that you take him with you to the Masjid

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

"When one reads poems and writings of the ancients, can it be right not to know something about them as men? Hence one tries to understand the age in which they lived. This can be described as 'looking for friends in history.'" (Meng Zi aka Mencius)

Edited by baradar_jackson
  • Advanced Member

Saw this in someone's signature on another forum;

"I ask many stupid questions frequently.
 I am curious, that's why I ask many questions.
 I am overly curious, that's why I ask stupid questions.
 I lack patience, that's why I ask frequently.
 So forgive me and answer me smiley.gif "

Edited by CLynn
  • Advanced Member

The more you know, the more you dont know, the more you dont want to know, the more you know. MzKgM

• Veteran Member

(salam)

"Encryption...Encryption" --Ed Snowden, 10March2014, to a conference in Austin, TX from SomeWhere in Mother Russia via a 7 site encrypted route.

All those that believe shall encrypt. :yaali:

Hez :shaytan: is into its evilgelical ways. They live and breathe the Words of the Devil.

• Advanced Member

Lol,some guys in here will be like, "If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."

Muhammed Ali

"Girls have an unfair advantage over men: if they cant get what they want by being smart, they can get it by being dumb."

Yul brynner

Loooool...

• Advanced Member

"Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible.

It is yours." --Ayn Rand.

"What a frightening thing is the human - a mass of gauges and dials and registers - and we can only read a few, and those perhaps not accurately." --John Steinbeck

"And the little prince said to the man - "Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves; and it is tiresome for children to be always explaining things to them." --Antoine de Saint Exupery, in The Little Prince.

"He felt sometimes that his whole life was some kind of dream - and he wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it." --Douglas Adams.

And my personal favorite:

"There is  no despair so absolute as that which comes with the first moments of our first great sorrow, when we have not yet known what it is to have suffered and healed, to have despaired and recovered hope." ---George Eliot.

• Veteran Member

Lol oh man clynn and magma fued is a shiachat classic.

" Don't worry about what other people say behind your back, they are the people who are finding faults In Your life instead of fixing the faults in their life"

Edited by Martyrdom
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imam Ali (A.S) said: Even if Allah had not warned of chastisement on those disobedient to Him, it would be obligatory by way of gratefulness for His favours that He should not be disobeyed. (Nahjul Balaghah, p.698)

قال علي عليه السلام: لَو لَم يَتَوَعَّدِ الله عَلي مَعصِيَتِهِ لَكانَ يَجِبُ ألَّا يُعصَي شُكراً لِنِعَمِهِ 

• Veteran Member

Lol oh man clynn and magma fued is a shiachat classic.

It's like those one-sided sports rivalries where one side completely dominates the other but we still can't help but be drawn to the action

But I have a question for Clynn:

What don't you like about that quote? You understand that it is tongue-in-cheek, right?