Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Guest Slave of Zahra

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

The Serenity Prayer  :)

is the common name for an originally untitled prayer by the American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr(1892–1971). It has been adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous and other twelve-step programs.

The best-known form is:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer#Precursors

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Shariati

Edited by CLynn

"You can't kill intellectual power." 

- Lieutenant General Frank Kearney* talking about the American government's threats to bomb Iran, explaining that it would only delay the Iranian nation's technological progress, not stop it. 

*former deputy director at the National Counter terrorism Center and former deputy commander of U.S. Special Operations Command.

He said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

- Jesus Christ (A.S)

He said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet.

And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive

And [made me] dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me a wretched tyrant.

And peace is on me the day I was born and the day I will die and the day I am raised alive."

- Jesus Christ (A.S)

Greetings Sayed...,

Is this written in the qur'an?

Salaam.

Never mind.  I just looked it up. :)

Edited by CLynn

"By selecting only isolated bits of information, you can generally prove whatever you want; you can even turn the Bible against God." (Marshal Zhukov)

Edited by baradar_jackson

"Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war...becomes justice!!!"

--Donquixote Doflamingo

Edited by magma

"Pirates are evil!!? The Marines are righteous!!? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history...!!! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values!!! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground!!! Justice will prevail, you say!? But of course it will!!! Whoever wins this war...becomes justice!!!"

--Donquixote Doflamingo

Beautiful.

(salam)

"We're all afraid, for our confidence, for our future, for the World. That's the nature of the Human Imagination.

Yet, every man, every civilization has gone forward because of its engagement with what it has set itself to do.

The personal commitment of a Man to his skill, the intellectual commitment and the emotional commitment -working together as one-  has made the Ascent of Man."

Jacob Bronowski (1974)

"I do not deny the importance of religious, national and other affiliations. I do not question the often decisive influence of our vertical (ancestral) heritage. But it is necessary at this point in time to draw attention to the gulf that exists between what we are and what we think we are"

__Amin Maalouf

Edited by Marbles

"Don't talk like you're one of them! You're not... even if you'd like to be. To them you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out. Like a leper. See, their morals, their "code"... it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these uh, these "civilized people," they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve. " - Heath Ledger (as the Joker)

(bismillah)

(salam)

ألا وإنّ الدعي ابن الدعي قد تركني بين السلة والذلة و هيهات منا الذلة

(wasalam)

Greetings Jebreil,

I don't understand that one.

and I don't mean because of the language... I mean because of the translation.

What does it say to you?

A'salaam.

They've sounded out the last 'all clear'
and told us
those who made it here,
that very soon we'll hold once more those things that we held dear,
yet nothing's clear to me.
I gaze from darkness to a summer haze,
and though they part,
the clouds of war lead only to uncertain days. -Julian Ovenden- Foyle's War

The Description Of A Hypocrite

صِفَةُ المُنافِقِ

Imam Zayn al-Abidin (AS) said,

‘A hypocrite prohibits [wrongdoing] but does not refrain from it himself, and he enjoins that which he does not do himself.

When he prays he complains, when he bows (ruku`a) he slumps, when he prostrates (sujud) he pecks [prostrating so fast], when he sits he spreads himself out, when he is going to bed his only concern is food even though he is full, and when he wakes up in the morning, his only concern is sleep even though he did not stay up during the night. When he speaks to you he lies, when he makes a promise he does not fulfil it, if you entrust him with anything he betrays it, and if you disagree with him he backbites you.’

الإمامُ زينُ العابدينَ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): المُنافِقُ يَنهى ولا يَنتَهي، ويأمُرُ بما لا يأتي، إذا قامَ في الصَّلاةِ اعتَرَضَ، وإذا رَكَعَ رَبَضَ، وإذا سَجَدَ نَقَرَ، وإذا جَلَسَ شَغَرَ، يُمسي وهَمُّهُ الطَّعامُ وهُو مُفطِرٌ، ويُصبِحُ وهَمُّهُ النَّومُ ولَم يَسهَرْ، إن حَدَّثَكَ كَذبَكَ، وإن وَعَدَكَ أخلَفَكَ، وإنِ ائتَمَنتَهُ خانَكَ، وإن خالَفتَهُ اغتابَكَ

Amali Al-Saduq, P. 399, No. 12

(bismillah)

(salam)

Source please, if possible.

(wasalam)

it's an authentic narration which Shaykh al-Sadouq narrates from Imam Redha (as) , But one narration also adds " as long as they are not sinful"

There are other narrations as well, from prophet(pbuh) found both in shia and sunni sources,

ProphetMuhammad: Looking at the progeny of Fatima (Sayeds) is a form of worship.

ProphetMuhammad (s): Whoever treats my offspring well (does them a favor, respects them), then I'll repay him on Day of Judgment.

Its also mention in Ahle Sunnah books Jami’ Tirmidhi, Abwab ul Saum, Baab Saum al-Arba’a wal Khamees

A neighbor to the Kufa Mosque Ali ibn Isa - may God be pleased with him - narrated that Isma’il ibn Ali ibn Razin - the brother of De’bel ibn Ali al-Khoza’ee quoted on the authority of Ali ibn De’bel (al-Khoza’ee), on the authority of Abul Hassan Ali ibn Musa Al-Reza (s), on the authority of his father (s), on the authority of his forefathers (s), on the authority of Ali (s) that God’s Prophet (s) said, “There are four groups on whose behalf I will intercede on the Resurrection Day: Those who honor my offspring after me; those who fulfill their needs; those who try to assist them in times they need them; and those who love them both wholeheartedly and verbally.”

Uyun Akhbar al-Ridha, page 70: 31-196 by sheikh saduq

Edited by struggling_On

Tell me Holden Caulfield,
What would the world be like if innocence was never lost?

There would be no hatred?

After fighting over that special toy, we’d hug.
Then skip off to the swings holding hands, best friends once again.

There would be no prejudice?

Red, yellow, black, brown and white would be the colors of the rainbow.
Each as beautiful and important as the next, treated with respect.

There would be no abuse?

Hands would only be used for safe, gentle touches.
Mouths would only speak affirming words of love.

There would be no sin?

Everyone would always do the right thing, putting others first.
No guilt, no need for forgiveness, no scars.

There would be no fear?

Boogey Men, monsters-in-closets, and strangers wouldn’t exist.
Wild animals would be pets, bodies wouldn’t bleed, and no one could ever get lost.

There would be no worries?

Days would be filled with an egg-yolk sun, cotton candy clouds and Monopoly money.
Nights would be filled with a cream cheese moon, twinkle Pops and carousel dreams.

Tell me, Holden Caulfield,
What would the world be like if innocence was never lost?
©tellme.cs.02.12.2009