Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Guest Slave of Zahra

Love this one sister. Thanks

no need for thanks brother, inshallah we all benefit from all the beautiful ahadiths...you will love this one as well, its quite lengthy but worth it

Jaber Ibn Abdullah al Ansari said:

“I said to Abu Ja’far (Al-Baqir (as)):

‘May I be your sacrifice son of Allah’s Messenger; narrate to me a hadith in regard to the noble traits of your grandmother Fatima, so that if I report it to your Shiites (followers), they would rejoice at (hearing) it!’

Abu Ja’far (as) said: ‘My father told me that my grandfather reported that Allah’s Messenger said:

“On the Day of Rising, Minbars of light shall be erected for the prophets and messengers, of which my Minbar shall be the highest among all Minbars on that day. Allah will then say: Deliver a speech,’ so I will deliver a speech that none of the prophets or messengers have ever heard. Then for the successors (of prophets) shall be erected Minbars of light, and in the middle of these Minbars one shall be erected for my successor, Ali Ibn Abu Talib, which will be higher than all their Minbars. Allah will then say:

“Ali, deliver a speech.’ So he will deliver a speech like no successor has ever heard before. Then for the children of the prophets and messengers shall be erected Minbars of light; among them shall be a Minber of light for my two sons, grandsons and the two flowers of my life (Al-Hassan and Al-Hussain). Then it shall be said to them:

“Deliver speeches.” So they will deliver two speeches like none of the children of the prophets and messengers have ever heard before!

“A caller-Gabriel-shall then call:

‘Where is Fatima Bint Muhammad?’

She (as) will rise…” (until he said):

Allah, the blessed and exalted is His Name, shall say:

‘O people of the gathering; to whom does honor belong today?’

So Muhammad, Ali, Hassan and Al-Hussain (as) will say:

‘To Allah, The one, The Almighty

Allah the Exalted will say:

“O people of the gathering: lower your heads and cast your eyes down, for this is Fatima proceeding towards Paradise.’ Gabriel shall then bring her a female camel from the female camels of Paradise; its sides shall be embellished, its muzzle with fresh pearls, and it shall have a saddle of coral. It shall kneel down in her presence; so she will ride it. Allah will then send 100,000 angels to accompany her on her right side; and 100,000 angels to accompany her on her left side; and 100,000 angels to lift her onto their wings until they bring her to the gate of Paradise. When she is near the gate of Paradise, she will look to her side. Allah will then say:

“Daughter of My beloved, why did you look to your side after I gave the command that you enter my Paradise?”

She will say: “My Lord, I wished that my position would be realised on such a Day!”

Allah will say:

“Daughter of My beloved! Go back and look for everyone in whose heart was love for you or for any of your progeny; take their hand and lead them into paradise!”

Abu Ja’far (as) said: “By Allah; Jabir, she will pick her Shiites (followers) and those who love her just like a bird picks good seeds from bad seeds. So that when her Shiites are near the gate of Paradise, Allah will inspire their hearts to look to their sides; when they do, Allah, The Almighty, will say:

‘My beloved ones, why did you look around when Fatima, the daughter of my beloved one, interceded for you?’

They will answer: ‘Our Lord! We hoped that our position would be known on such a day!’

Allah will then say: ‘My beloved ones, go back and look for everyone who loved you for your love for Fatima;

Look for everyone who fed you for the love of Fatima;

Look for everyone who clothed you for the love of Fatima;

Look for everyone who gave you a drink for the love of Fatima;

Look for everyone who prevented (Gheeba) backbiting from being done against you for the love of Fatima…

Take their hands and lead them into Paradise… “

Edited by Nafisa
  • Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Highly sensitive people are too often perceived as weaklings or damaged goods. To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness, it is the trademark of the truly alive and compassionate. It is not the e

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

al-Imam al-Hasan al-`Askari, peace be on him, said: * Generosity has a limit, which when crossed becomes extravagance; caution has a limit which when crossed becomes cowardice; thriftiness has a limit, which when crossed becomes miserliness; courage has a limit, which when crossed becomes fool-hardiness. Let this moral lesson suffice: refrain from doing anything which you would disapprove of if done by someone else. 

• Basic Members

Salaam Alaykum.

This hadith is from Bihar anwar.

This is not among the signs of the end of the time. This is a conditional sign, that means if people do this, then this will happen.

I hope you guys will enjoy it.

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله: سيأتي زمان على أمتي

لا يبق مه القرآن إلا رسمه، ولا مه الاسلام إلا اسمه، يسمىن به وهم أبعد

الناس منه، مساجدهم عامرة، وهي خراب مه الهدي، فقهاء ذلك الزمان شر

فقهاء تحت ظل السماء، منهم خرجت الفتنت وإليهم تعىد

Time shall come for my nation nothing will be left of Quran except its physical existence, nothing will be left from Islam except its name, they will call themselves (Muslims) but they will be the furthest people from it. Their Mosques will be huge buildings, void of guidance. The “Fuqaha” of those days will be evil. Fuqaha under the shadow of the sky. From them will start evil and unto them it shall return.

(*Fuqaha is a plural of Faqih, (*religious scholar?)

In a very lengthy speech, at some point Imam Ali mentioned:

وزخرفت المساجد، وطولت المنار

And decorated mosques with lengthened towers

Hasan

ـ الإمامُ الصّادقُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): لَو يَعلَمُ النّاسُ ما في فَضلِ مَعرِفةِ اللّه‏ِ عَزَّوجلَّ ما مَدُّوا أعيُنَهُم إلى ما مَتَّعَ اللّه‏ُ بِهِ الأعداءَ مِن زَهرَةِ الحَياةِ الدّنيا ونَعيمِها ، وكانَت دُنياهُم أقَلَّ عِندَهُم مِمّا يَطَؤونَهُ بِأرجُلِهِم، ولَنَعِموا بِمَعرِفةِ اللّه‏ِ جَلَّ وعزَّ ، وتَلَذَّذوا بِها تَلَذُّذَ مَن لَم يَزَلْ في رَوضاتِ الجِنانِ مَعَ أولِياءِ اللّه‏ِ . إنَّ مَعرِفةَ اللّه‏ِ عَزَّوجلَّ اُنسٌ مِن كُلِّ وَحشَةٍ ، وصاحِبٌ مِن كُلِّ وَحدَةٍ ، ونُورٌ مِن كُلِّ ظُلمَةٍ ، وقُوَّةٌ مِن كُلِّ ضَعفٍ ، وشِفاءٌ مِن كُلِّ سُقمٍ .

Imam al-Sadiq (as) said, ‘If people knew the virtue of knowing Allah, Mighty and Exalted, they would never extend their gaze to the splendour and bounties of the life of this world that Allah has granted to the enemies. They would then regard such people’s worldly goods to be more insignificant that the dust under their feet, and they would take great pleasure at attaining knowledge of Allah, Mighty and Exalted, and would savour it as if they were tasting the experience of being in the gardens of Paradise with the friends of Allah. Verily the inner knowledge of Allah is an intimate companion in every type of desolation, a friend in every type of loneliness, a light in every darkness, a source of strength from all weakness, and a cure for all ailments.’[al-Kafi, v. 8, p. 247, no. 347]

It is narrated that Imam al-Husayn (as) said:

“Oh Allah, I have left the entire world for the sake of You, And I have orphaned my children so that I be with You. So if I am cut into pieces for the love of You, my heart would lean to none other than You.”

يروي عن الإمام الحسين (ع) أنه قال:

إلهي تركت الخلق طراً في هواك وأيتمت العيال لكي أراك فلو قطعتني في الحب إرباً لما مال الفؤاد الى سواك

:( labayk ya hussain !!!

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(15) الْحَسَنُ بْنُ مَحْبُوبٍ ( ثقه عين من أصحاب الإجماع على قول ) عَنْ إِسْحَاقَ بْنِ عَمَّارٍ ( ثقه إمامي ) قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا عَبْدِ اللَّهِ ع يَقُولُ لَيْسَ شَيْءٌ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ إِلَّا وَ هُمْ يَسْأَلُونَ اللَّهَ أَنْ يَأْذَنَ لَهُمْ فِي زِيَارَةِ الْحُسَيْنِ ع فَوْجٌ يَنْزِلُ وَ فَوْجٌ يَعْرُجُ

Imam Sadiq (as) said, "There is not a thing in the heavens, but that they ask Allah (swt) for permission do to the Ziyarah of Imam Husain (as). A batch desending and a batch asending"

[source: Tahzeeb Al-Ahkam, Vol. 6, Pg. 46]

Edited by muhibb-ali
  • Advanced Member

Imam Raza (as) says:

قال أمير المؤمنين عليه السلام: لا تتجاوزوا بنا العبودية، ثم قولوا فينا ما شئتم ولن تبلغوا، وإياكم والغلو كغلو النصارى فإني برئ من الغالين

Imam Ali (as) said, "Do not exceed regarding us in taking us to be the lord. And then say regarding us what-ever you like. You will not reach us. And beware of Ghulw (extremism) like the extremism of the christian's, for verily I am clear(away) from the extremist."

[source: Al-Ehtejaaj, Vol. 2, Pg. 233]

http://www.marefatea...f-the-imam-s-as

Edited by muhibb-ali

Compare Food With Prayer

"As a sick person has a desire for food but because of his being sick does not enjoy it, the worldly man will not enjoy his prayer as long as the world tastes sweet to him, hence he cannot benefit from the sweetness of prayer" (Hazrat Esa Elehi Salaam).

Edited by Khadem.AL.Zahra
  • 2 weeks later...

(bismillah)

Imaam ‘Ali Redha while dealing with the problem of guardianship says,

“There is no nation which is without its leader and the social structure of a society is directly concerned with the leader and that people should manage the public treasury by keeping an account of its income and expenditure, organize the society, fight against the enemies and protect the society from internal dissensions and disunity. If there is not going to be any such leader, then the nation will break up into pieces and the Divine commandments and the teachings of the Holy Prophet will be tampered with at the command of despotic ruler.”

- Behaar al-Anwaar, volume 6, page 60.

Edited by peace seeker

(bismillah)

Imam Ja’far as-Sadeq said in the Hadith of Wilayah (of the ‘Olamah):

"They must seek out one of you who narrates our traditions, who is versed in what is permissible and what is forbidden, who is well-acquainted with our laws and ordinances, and accept him as judge and arbiter, for I appoint him as judge over you. If the ruling which he based on our laws is rejected, this rejection will be tantamount to ignoring the order of Allah and rejecting us is the same as rejecting Allah, and this is the same as polytheism.”

-Forou’ al-Kaafi. Volume 7. page 412.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

أبيه أمير المؤمنين علي بن أبي طالب ع أنه قال التاسع من ولدك يا حسين هو القائم بالحق المظهر للدين و الباسط للعدل قال الحسين فقلت له يا أمير المؤمنين و إن ذلك لكائن فقال ع إي و الذي بعث محمدا ص بالنبوة و اصطفاه على جميع البرية و لكن بعد غيبة و حيرة فلا يثبت فيها على دينه إلا المخلصون المباشرون لروح اليقين الذين أخذ الله عز و جل ميثاقهم بولايتنا و كتب في قلوبهم الإيمان و أيدهم بروح منه

Narrated from Ameerul Momineen (as), that he said to Husain (as):

The ninth from your sons, O’ Husain (as), is the Establisher of the Truth (al-Qa-'im bil-Haqq), the Mahzer (manifestation) of the Religion, and the Deliverer of Justice.”

Husain (a.s) says, “I said, O’ Ameerul Momineen (a.s), is that to happen?” He said, “Verily so, by the One Who sent Muhammad (saw) with Prophet hood and chose him over all of creation! It will happen, however, after an occultation and a bewilderment in
which no one remains on his religion but the sincere ones who are touched by the spirit of certainty, people from whom Allah has taken their covenant for our guardianship (Wilayat) and has inscribed faith in their hearts and has endorsed them with a spirit from Himself.”

Source: Kamal ud Deen.Vol.1 Pg. #304

Edited by muhibb-ali
  • 2 weeks later...

H ,2039CH ,68h 10

Ali ibn Ibrahim has narrated from his father and Muhammad ibn Yahya from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa all from ibn abu ‘Umayr from Isma'il al-Basri from Fudayl ibn Yasar who has said the following:

“I heard abu Ja’far, recipient of divine supreme covenant, say,

‘Once a few Muslims set on a journey but they lost the way and faced severe thirst. They shrouded themselves holding to the roots of a tree. Suddenly an old man in white clothes appeared and told them to get up saying that they had no problems and gave them water. They drank water to their satisfiction and asked him, ‘Who are you?’ He said, ‘I am from Jinn who pledged allegiance to the Messenger of Allah. I heard the Messenger of Allah saying, “A believer is a brother of a believer, his eyes and his guide. How could you lose your lives in my presence?’”

Kafi Vol 2

• Veteran Member

Imam Hussain A.S - "People are slaves to the world, and as long as they live favorable and comfortable lives, they are loyal to religious principles. However, at hard times, the times of trials, true religious people are scarce."

• Veteran Member

Imam Hussain A.S - I wonder at a person who ponders over the things that he eats, how he does not ponder over his reasoning. He preserves his stomach from that which harms him, yet deposits in his breast that which is a cause for his destruction

“Evil doers never think good of anyone because they see others with their own nature.” - Imam Ali A.S

• Advanced Member

حدثنا أحمد بن محمد عن الحسين بن السعيد عن حماد بن عيسى عن عبد الله بن ميمون القداح عن أبي عبد الله عن أبيه عليه السلام قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله:

( من سلك طريقا يطلب فيه علما سلك الله تعالى به طريقا إلى الجنة وان الملائكة لتضع أجنحتها لطالب العلم رضا به، وانه ليستغفر [لطالب العلم ] من في السماوات ومن في الأرض حتى الحوت في البحر، وفضل العالم على العابد كفضل القمر على سائر النجوم ليلة البدر وان العلماء لورثة الأنبياء ان الأنبياء لم يورثوا دينارا ولا درهما إنما ورثوا العلم )

*الحكم : صحيحة.

Ahmad b. Muhammad from al-Husayn b. Sa`eed from Hamad b. `Isa from `Abdullah b. Maymun al-Qaddah from Abu `Abdillah from his father عليه السلام.

He said: The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said:

Whoever journeys a path seeking knowledge therein, Allah تعالى will make him journey a path to Paradise. The angels have set their wings for the seeker of knowledge; pleased with him. Whoever is in the heavens and whoever is in the Earth seeks forgiveness for the seeker of knowledge – even the fish in the sea. The value of the learned over the worshiper is like the value of the moon over all of the stars on the night of the full moon. The `ulema’ are the inheritors of the prophets – they do not bequeath a dinar or a dirham, rather, they only bequeath knowledge. (Basa’ir al-Darajat)

(sahih) (صحيح) Grading of Shaykh Hasan `Abdullah al-`Ajimi.

Taken from: http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith/sahih-basair

In a hadith about Dua al-Jawshan al-Kabeer that can be found in Mafatih al-Jinaan it is mentioned (along the lines of):

"...And whoever supplicates with it with a sincere intention on the first of the month of Ramadhan, Allah the High blessed him [with] the Night of Power [Laylat Al-Qadr] and created for him seventy thousand angels that praise Allah (swt) and glorify Him, and [Allah (swt)] made their reward his..."

“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born.”
- Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali (AS)

• 2 weeks later...

ـ الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ) ـ في المُناجاةِ ـ: إلهي هَبْ لي كمالَ الانقِطاعِ إلَيكَ، وأنِرْ أبصارَ قُلوبِنا بِضِياءِ نَظَرِها إلَيكَ، حتّى تَخرِقَ أبصارُ القُلوبِ حُجُبَ النُّورِ، فَتَصِلَ إلى مَعدِن العَظَمةِ، وتَصيرَ أرواحُنا مُعَلّقةً بِعِزِّ قُدسِكَ

Imam Ali  (as), in his intimate supplication said, ‘O Allah, grant me the perfection of devotion to You, and illuminate the sight of our heart's with the radiance of being able to behold You until the sight of our hearts' pierces through the veils of Light, reaching the source of Exaltedness, and our souls become attached to the glory of Your Sacredness.’ [iqbal al-A`amal, v. 3, p. 299]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

~ The Call "Ya Ali (as)" ~

حدثنا أبي (رحمه الله)، قال: حدثنا عبد الله بن الحسن المؤدب، عن أحمد بن علي الأصبهاني، عن إبراهيم بن محمد الثقفي، قال: حدثنا محمد بن داود الدينوري، قال: حدثنا منذر العشراني، قال: حدثنا سعيد بن زيد، عن أبي قنبل، عن أبي الجارود، عن سعيد بن جبير، عن ابن عباس، عن النبي (صلى الله عليه وآله)، قال: إن حلقة باب الجنة من ياقوتة حمراء على صفائح الذهب، فإذا دقت الحلقة على الصفحة طنت وقالت: يا علي

Narrated to me my father (ra), from Abdullah bin al-Hasan al-Muaddab, from Ahmad bin Ali al-Asbhani, from Ibraheem bin Muhammad al-Saqafi, from Muhammad bin Dawood al-Denoori, from Manzar al-Ashari, from Saeed bin Zayd, from Abi Qanbl, from Abi Jarood, from Saeed bin Jabeer, from Ibn Abbas, from Prophet (saww):

Prophet Muhammad (saww) said: 

"The ring on the door of paradise is made of red yaqoot placed upon planks of gold. When the ring knocks upon the planks, it rings and says "Ya Ali (as)" 

[source: Amaali - Sheikh Sadooq, Majalis. 86, Hadees. 13]

الحسين بن محمد، عن معلى بن محمد، عن محمد بن مسلم، عن الحسين بن نصر، عن أبيه، عن عمر وبن شمر، عن جابر قال: أراد أبوجعفر عليه السلام الركوب إلى بعض شيعته ليعوده، فقال: ياجابر ألحقني فتبعته، فلما انتهى إلى باب الدار خرج علينا ابن له صغير فقال له أبوجعفر عليه السلام: ما اسمك؟ قال: محمد قال: فبما تكنى؟ قال: بعلي، فقال له أبوجعفر عليه السلام: لقد احتظرت من الشيطان احتظارا شديد إن الشيطان إذا سمع مناديا ينادي يا محمد يا علي ذاب كما يذوب الرصاص حتى إذا سمع مناديا ينادي باسم عدو من أعدائنا اهتز واختال

Al-Hussain bin Muhammad, from Mualla bin Muhammad, from Muhammad bin Muslim, from Al-Husain bin Nasr, from his father, from Umr bin Shimr, from Jabir who said:

Abu Jafar (as) intended to ride towards few of his Shias to return (?) to them. So He said, "O Jabir, Join Me". So I followed Him.
And we had not reached to the end of the door that a small boy came out unto us. 

Abu Jafar (as) said to him, "What is your name"? He said, "Muhammad". 
Abu Jafar (as) said to him, "What is your title (Kuniyyah)"? He said, "Ali".

Then Abu Jafar (as) said to him, "Verily you are protected from Saitan, a severe protection. Verily when Saitan hears a caller calling "Ya Muhammad" or "Ya Ali", he melts like the melting of the lead. And when saitan hears a caller calling with the name of our enemy, he starts swinging (with joy) and boasts about his own-self".

[source: Al-Kafi, Vol. 6, Pg. 20]

http://www.marefateahlebait.com/miscellaneous/ya-ali

Edited by muhibb-ali
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MashAllah

"Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny." Amir ul Momineen (as)

• Advanced Member

It is reported, the 5th Imam, Muhammad al-Baqir [a] said:

“O Jabir, does it suffice for a person to profess to being a Shi’ah by attesting love for us, the Ahl al-Bayt [as]? By Allah, our Shi’ah are none other than those who are careful of their duty to Allah and obey Him, and they are only known, O Jabir, through their humility, their trustworthiness, their frequent remembrance of Allah, their fasting and praying, their goodness towards their parents, their attending to their poor neighbors, the destitute, the indebted, and the orphans, their honest speech, their recitation of the Qur’an, their restraint of their tongue when in the company of others, except when it is for a good purpose, and their care and loyalty towards their kinsfolk. The most beloved of Allah’s servants are those who are the most careful of their duty to Him and those who strive most to obey Him.

O Jabir, by Allah, we cannot attain proximity to Allah except through obedience to Him, and we do not possess the right to grant immunity from the Fire, nor can anyone have a claim against Allah. Whoever is obedient to Allah is our friend, and whoever is disobedient to Him is our enemy, and you cannot benefit from our wilayah except through piety and obedience.”

(Shaykh al-Hurr al-’Amili, Jihad al-Nafs, ch. 18, num. 3)

http://oceansofknowledge.wordpress.com/2013/08/27/the-criteria-of-being-regarded-as-a-follower-of-ale-muhammad-as/

• 1 month later...

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

“If any amount of arrogance enters the heart of a person, it will only bring deficiency to the intellect with the same amount of what entered it, whether it be a little or a lot.”

Imam al-Baqir (as)

-Bihar al-Anwar, v. 78, p. 186, no. 16

fi aman ilah 

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وعَجِّلْ فَرَجَهُمْ وسَهِّلْ مَخْرَجَهُمْ والعَنْ أعْدَاءَهُم الأوّلينَ وَالآخِريْن إِلَى قِيَامِ يَوْمِ الدِّينْ

(wasalam)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Great dua to be recited before an after namaz. Shows the relation between Namaz and the Ahlulbait (as):

محمد بن يحيى، عن أحمد بن محمد بن عيسى، عن علي بن النعمان، عن بعض أصحابه، عن أبي عبد الله (عليه السلام) قال: كان أمير المؤمنين (عليه السلام) يقول: من قال هذا القول كان مع محمد وآل محمد إذا قام قبل أن يستفتح الصلاة: " اللهم إني أتوجه إليك بمحمد وآل محمد وأقدمهم بين يدي صلاتي وأتقرب بهم إليك فاجعلني بهم وجيها في الدنيا والآخرة ومن المقربين، مننت علي بمعرفتهم فاختم لي بطاعتهم ومعرفتهم وولايتهم، فإنها السعادة واختم لي بها، فإنك على كل شئ قدير " ثم تصلي فإذا انصرفت قلت: " اللهم اجعلني مع محمد وآل محمد في كل عافية وبلاء واجعلني مع محمد وآل محمد في كل مثوى ومنقلب، اللهم اجعل محياي محياهم ومماتي مماتهم واجعلني معهم في المواطن كلها ولا تفرق بيني وبينهم، إنك على كل شئ قدير .

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa from Ali ibn al-NuMan from certain individuals of his people from abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

Amir al-Mu’minin, Ali ibn abu Talib (as), has said, ‘Whoever just before beginning the prayer says the following will be with Muhammad and the family of Muhammad. ‘O Lord, I am turning to You through Muhammad and his family. I assign them as the lead for me before my prayer and seek nearness through them to You, grant me respect through them in this world and in the next life and of those close (to You). You have obliged me for making me know them, conclude for me with obedience to them, knowing them well, and under their guardianship; it is the salvation and end it for me in this (belief), You have power over all things.’ Then complete the prayer and say, ‘O Lord, place me with Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, in good health and in suffering, place me with Muhammad and the family of Muhammad in every dwelling and place of return. O Lord, help me to live in the way of life of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad and die like the death of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, place me with them in all habitations and do not separate me from them. You have power over all things.’”

[source: Al-Kaafi, vol.2, chapter: dua just before prayers, Hadees. 1]

Imir Al Momineen (as) – The Commentator of the Quran’

From the Prophet (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family), in his address on the Day of Ghadir: “Ali is the exegesis (Tafsir) of the book of Allah and the one who calls others to it. Verily, that which is permitted and forbidden is more than what I can explain to you; what I command you as permitted and forbid you as prohibited, is all from one position. I was commanded to take your allegiance and your pledge to accept what I brought from Allah, the Exalted, regarding Ali, the commander of the believers, and the Imams after him. O’ People! Ponder and understand the verses (of the Quran), observe those that are clear and do not follow those that are unclear; for by Allah no one can explain to you its limitations or clarify its meanings except the one whose hand I am holding (meaning Imam Ali).”

Wasa’il ash-Shi’a, Volume 18, Page 142, Hadith 43

• 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

There may already be a thread with this title, but I can't find it since the search feature does not work properly. :(

So I started a new one.

“Be humbled, walk softly, down with your topsail, it is a low entry to go in at heavens gate.”

from a sermon I was listening to on the radio this morning all about arrogance.

I Googled it.  Here is the full original quote:

“Be humbled; walk softly. Down, down, for God’s sake, my dear and worthy brother, with your topsail. Stoop, stoop! it is a low entry to go in at heaven’s gate.” Samuel Rutherford