Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Quotes [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Guest Slave of Zahra

• Advanced Member

Since it is Christmas:

"If you desire I will tell you about Jesus son of Mary. He used a stone for his pillow, put on coarse clothes and ate rough food. His condiment was hunger. His lamp at night was the moon. His shade during the winter was just the expanse of earth eastward and westward. His fruits and flowers were only what grows from the earth for the cattle. He had no wife to allure him, nor any son to give grief, nor wealth to deviate (his attention), nor greed to disgrace him. His two feet were his conveyance and his two hands his servant."

- Imam Ali (as)

Salaam sister,

Beautiful quote, do you have the reference for it?

Fi aman Allah

Wa Alaykum Asalam Brother, sorry i dont have reference.

Hadith of the Day

"Oh my Lord! What did I find when I lost you and what did I lose when I found you? If they cut my body into a thousand pieces, each piece would call out its love for you."

Aba Abdullah El Hussain (as)

Once when our 8th Imam, Imam Ali ar-Ridha (A) was travelling through a town called Nishapur, the people of the town asked Imam (A) to tell them a hadith from the Prophet (S).

Imam Ali ar-Ridha (as) told them the following hadith:

"My father Musa al-Kadhim (as) told me, from his father Ja'far as-Sadiq (as) ,from his father Muhammad al-Baqir (as) from his father Ali Zainul Abideen (as) from his father the martyr of Kerbala (Husain)(as) from his father Ali ibn Abu Talib (as) from the Holy Prophet (saw) from Jibrail,from Allah:"The Kalima of La ilaha illallah is My fort, and whosoever says it will enter My fort, and whosoever enters My fort, is safe from My punishment."

After Karbalaa

Ibn Ziyad asked,

“How did you find the way Allah (swt) treated your brother and your family?”

Sayyeda Zaynab (as), with a tone full of pride and power, indicating her faith and submission towards Allah (swt), answered:

I saw nothing but beauty.. They rushed towards their graves (with honor). But know that Allah (swt) will judge between you and them, and He will call you to account; so be worried about the winner at that day (either it will be you or them). O son of Marjanah! May your mother be mournful for you.”

The Holy Prophet (SAWA) said,” Singing is a ladder to Adultery.”

The Holy Prophet (SAWA) also said, “Whenever a person begins singing, two Shaitans (satans) alight upon his shoulders and continue to beat their heels upon his Chest, till the time he stop.”

Imam Ja’far Al-Sadiq (a.s.) said: “Music is the nest of hypocrisy.”

Imam Ja’far Al-Sadiq (a.s.) also said: “Music inherits hypocrisy.”

The Holy Prophet (saws) and Imam Jaffar al Sadiq (a.s)

• Veteran Member

عبد الله بن المغيرة، عن عبد الله بن سنان، عن الوليد بن صبيح، عن أبي عبد الله عليه السلام قال: كنت عنده جالسا وعنده حفنة من رطب، فجاءه سائل فأعطاه، ثم جاءه آخر فأعطاه، ثم جاءه آخر فأعطاه، ثم جاءه آخر، فقال يوسع الله عليك، ثم قال إن رجلا لو كان له مال يبلغ ثلاثين ألفا أو أربعين ألفا، شاء أن لا يبقى منه شئ إلا قسمه في حق فعل، فيبقى لا مال له، فيكون من الثلاثة الذين يرد دعاؤهم، قال: قلت له جعلت فداك، ومن هم؟ قال: رجل رزقه الله مالا فأنفقه في غير وجوهه، ثم قال يا رب ارزقني، فيقال له أو لم أرزقك؟ ورجل دعا على امرأته وهو ظالم لها، فيقال له أو لم أجعل أمرها بيدك؟ ورجل جلس في بيته وترك الطلب، ثم يقول: يا رب ارزقني، فيقول أو لم أجعل لك السبيل إلى الطلب للرزق.

`Abdullah b. al-Mughira from `Abdullah b. Sinan from al-Walid b. Sabih from Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام. He said: I was sitting with him and he had a handful of fresh, ripe dates. So a beggar came to him and he gave him some. Then another one came to him and he gave him some. Then another came to him. So he said: May Allah enrich you. Then he said: Were a man to have property that amounted to thirty thousand or forty thousand, (and) he willed that there not remain anything from it except he divide it in the rightful act (?, give it all away in charity (?)), then there would not remain any property for him, and he would be from the three whose du`as are returned (back to them). He said: I said to him: May I be your sacrifice, and who are they? He said: A man whom Allah provided sustenance to him with property but he spent it improperly. Then he said: O Lord, provide me sustenance! So it is said to him: Did I not provide you with sustenance? And a man who prayed against his wife and he was an oppressor to her. So it is said to him: Did I not put her affair in your hand? And a man sat in his house and abandoned seeking (i.e. looking to earn wealth through work, etc.). Then he says: O Lord provide me sustenance! So He says: Did I not make for you a way to seek the sustenance?

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/mustatrafat/nawadir-bazanti

"Whenever the eye looks at something forbidden, a knot of desire is tied in the person’s heart, and that knot will only be untied by one of two conditions: either by weeping out of grief and regret in true repentance, or by taking possession of what one desired and looked at. And if a person takes possession unjustly, without repentance, then that will take him to the Fire. As for the one who repents of it with grief and regret, his abode is the Garden and his destiny is Allah’s favour."

Imam Jafar as-Sadiq (as)

• Advanced Member

سمعت حمران بن أعين يسأل أبا جعفر عليه السلام عن قول الله تبارك تعالى بديع السماوات والأرض فقال أبو جعفر ان الله ابتدع الأشياء كلها على غير مثال كان وابتدع السماوات والأرض ولم يكن قبلهن سماوات ولا أرضون اما تسمع قوله تعالى وكان عرشه على الماء فقال له حمران بن أعين أرأيت قوله عالم الغيب فلا يظهر على غيبه أحدا فقال له أبو جعفر عليه السلام الا من ارتضى من رسول وكان محمد والله ممن ارتضاه واما قوله تبارك وتعالى عالم الغيب فان الله عالم بما غاب عن خلقه بما يقدر من شيء ويقضيه في علمه فذلك يا حمران علم موقوف عنده إليه فيه المشية فيقضيه إذا أراد ويبدو له فيه فلا يمضيه فاما العلم الذي يقدره الله ويقضيه ويمضيه فهو العلم الذي انتهى إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله ثم إلينا

Narrated to us Ahmad Bin Muhammad, from Al-Hassan Bin Mahboub, from Ali Bin Ra'ab, from Sadeer who said:

"I heard Humran ibn A‘yan ask abu Ja‘far (as) about the words of Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High Allah, ‘. . . One Who is the Originator of the heavens and the earth. . .’" [6:101] Abu Ja‘far (as) said, "Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, originated all things through His knowledge. It was unprecedented. He invented the heavens and earths and there were no heavens and earths before. Have you not considered the words of Allah, ". . .His Throne existed on water. . ." [11:7]

Humran then said, "Have you considered His words, Majestic is Whose name, ‘He knows the unseen and He does not allow anyone to know His secrets . . ." [72:26]

Abu Ja‘far (as) then said, " except those of His Messengers whom He chooses. [72:26] Muhammad (as), I swear by Allah, was one of those whom Allah had chosen. However, there are His words "He knows the hidden facts." The fact that Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, knows what is hidden from His creatures of the things that He measures and determines and decrees in His knowledge before creating it and before assigning to the angels, it is because of the following. O Humran, there is the knowledge withheld before Him in which He has a wish. He then decrees it when He wills. Bada’ may take place in it and He then will not decree it. The knowledge that, however, Allah, the Most Holy, the Most High, measures and determines and approves is the knowledge that reaches the Messenger of Allah and then it reaches us."

[source: Basaar Al-Darjaat, Vol.2, Chapter. 22, Hadees. 1 & Al-Kafi, Vol.1 Pg. 256]

All narrators are trustworthy. Narration is Saheeh (Authentic).

[Regarding Sadeer Al-Sairafi, he is considered as Trustworthy by Sayed Khoi. See Mojam Al-Rijal, Narrator no. 4992]

http://www.marefatea...bait/ilm-e-gaib

Edited by muhibb-ali

• Advanced Member

assalamu alaikum

since this is the quran and hadith forum ..i thought i would post the hadiths i get in my email everyday inshallah.. anyone can contribute as well.. i will just post a new one in this thread everyday inshallah... i hope u guys enjoy them...

]It is narrated that the Prophet (saw) has said:

Allah does not look at (the value of) you faces nor you wealth but

He looks at you heart and practice

Very nice thank you for sharing it

• Advanced Member

“Plunge into the depths until you reach the truth.”

- Imam Ali (as)

“Don’t be God’s friend in appearance and his enemy in secret.”

- Imam Muhammad Al Jawad (A.S)

“(O people) contemplate, meditate, and practice for the (place, thing) that you have been created for; Allah did not at all create you in vain and useless.” — Imam Zain Ul-Abideen (as)

During the battle of Siffin Amir al-mu'minin heard some of his men abusing the Syrians, then he said:

I dislike you starting to abuse them, but if you describe their deeds and recount their situations that would be a better mode of speaking and a more convincing way of arguing. Instead of abusing them you should say, "O' Allah! save our blood and their blood, produce reconciliation between us and them, and lead them out of their misguidance so that he who is ignorant of the truth may know it, and he who inclines towards rebellion and revolt may turn away from it."

http://www.al-islam.org/nahjul/205.htm

• Advanced Member

"True worship is not to pray and to fast excessively, rather true worship is to ponder on God, the Most High."

- Imam Ali (as)

When Imam Ali was asked about Faith in Religion, he replied that the structure of faith is supported by four pillars endurance, conviction, justice and jihad.

Endurance is composed of four attributes: eagerness, fear, piety and anticipation (of death). so whoever is eager for Paradise will ignore temptations; whoever fears the fire of Hell will abstain from sins; whoever practices piety will ...easily bear the difficulties of life and whoever anticipates death will hasten towards good deeds.

Conviction has also four aspects to guard oneself against infatuations of sin; to search for explanation of truth through knowledge; to gain lessons from instructive things and to follow the precedent of the past people, because whoever wants to guard himself against vices and sins will have to search for the true causes of infatuation and the true ways of combating them out and to find those true ways one has to search them with the help of knowledge, whoever gets fully acquainted with various branches of knowledge will take lessons from life and whoever tries to take lessons from life is actually engaged in the study of the causes of rise and fall of previous civilizations .

Justice also has four aspects depth of understanding, profoundness of knowledge, fairness of judgment and dearness of mind; because whoever tries his best to under- stand a problem will have to study it, whoever has the practice of studying the subject he is to deal with, will develop a clear mind and will always come to correct decisions, whoever tries to achieve all this will have to develop ample patience and forbearance and whoever does this has done justice to the cause of religion and has led a life of good repute and fame.

Jihad is divided into four branches: to persuade people to be obedient to Allah; to prohibit them from sin and vice; to struggle (in the cause of Allah) sincerely and firmly on all occasions and to detest the vicious. Whoever persuades people to obey the orders of Allah provides strength to the believers; whoever dissuades them from vices and sins humiliates the unbelievers; whoever struggles on all occasions discharges all his obligations and whoever detests the vicious only for the sake of Allah, then Allah will take revenge on his enemies and will be pleased with Him on the Day of Judgment.

Nahjul Balagha - Imam Ali AS

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Whoever prepares himself for the future life of
this world has not recognized the truth about death.

People who have high aspirations will commit sins and do evil.

If one could see his own death, and how fast it approaches him,

then he would hate high aspirations and seeking (material things of) this world.”

[Reference: Mishkat ul-Anwar, Sec 7, Chp 9, Hadees 1778]