Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Engineer73

Understanding Dreams, As a sign of Allah

Rate this topic

We know that Quran has mentioned that our sleep is a sign of Allah:
 وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ مَنَامُكُم بِاللَّيْلِ وَالنَّهَارِ
(And among His signs is your sleep at night & daytimes) 30:23

Can we consider our ability to dream as among the signs of Allah? Quran has not mentioned dreaming as His sign, is it because we dream during sleep & sleep is already mentioned as His sign? Prophet Yousuf (a.s) was given the knowledge to interpret the dreams. (12:36-50) 

I heard that only phrophats roaa/dreams are signs from Allah , and that normal people dreams are not true , that's why when abrham r.a saw in his dream that he kill ismael r.a he said that it's sign from Allah cuz he is prophat , but if anyone else saw in dream that he kill his child they should say a3oz be Allah men al shatan and pray and not do it cuz this is not from Allah but from shatan !

only prophats dreams/roaas are from Allah other then that it's from shatan or collection from your unconscious mind .

6 minutes ago, YAli said:

If you are asking are dreams a sign of Allah, then i'd say some are, some are not. Think of Dream of Yusuf as and Ibrahim as 

I am asking about human ability to dream. Can we see this "ability" as a sign of Allah? Like Allah mentions human ability to sleep as his sign.

17 minutes ago, sakura1994 said:

I heard that only phrophats roaa/dreams are signs from Allah , and that normal people dreams are not true , that's why when abrham r.a saw in his dream that he kill ismael r.a he said that it's sign from Allah cuz he is prophat , but if anyone else saw in dream that he kill his child they should say a3oz be Allah men al shatan and pray and not do it cuz this is not from Allah but from shatan !

only prophats dreams/roaas are from Allah other then that it's from shatan or collection from your unconscious mind .

Actually, that is false. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his Household) said in a hadith I don't remember where but he said: "whoever has seen me in a dream has really seen me, as Shaytan cannot imitate me" so obviously its from Allah (azwj). Rather Abu Hanīfa read about his dream. Audhubillah. Also its alaihus salam for Prophets and Imams not radhiallahu anhu.

Assalamu Alaykum wwb,

The Holy Quran states, "for them are glad tidings in the life of this world"[10:64] In regards to this verse, the Prophet [saw] states that this is in reference of the good dream which a believer has and which gives him good news in this world. [al-Kafi, v. 8, p. 90, no. 60]

Imam Al-Baqir [as] states, "When people sleep, their spirits go out into the heaven. What ever the spirits sees while in the heaven is true, and whatever it see's in the air [between earth and the heavens] are just muddled dreams." [Amali al-Saduq, p. 209, no. 232]

Imam Al-Sadiq [as] states, "There are three types of dreams: glad tidings from Allah for the believer, ominous dreams from satan, and muddled dreams." [al-Kafi, v. 8, p. 90, no. 61]

The Prophet [saw] stated, "A dream should only ever be related to a believer who does not harbor jealously or wrongdoing." [al-Kafi, v. 8, p. 336, no. 530]

Edited by _Fatima
added reference

Assalam alaikum wr wb

.  Sleep is a sign of Allah,whereas Bibi Maryam a.s was asked the same question and she answered " the dream of a believer is a sign of Allah" .

Ok so it means as I understand that if a person is pious enough to be considered a Momin then their dream is as you ask.Otherwise,you can stick old sayings like ' the wise men dream of truth ' and more ' the ordinary dream of the ordinary, more sayings 'the sick dreams of his disease '  as well as ' as you sin more you dream more' .Ok enough said now you can understand.Basically first if you or anybody dream then find out if dream is a dream or waswasa fear,magic or just a false dream.

Edited by bitto

On 8/26/2016 at 0:50 PM, Sajjad Zaidi said:

I am asking about human ability to dream. Can we see this "ability" as a sign of Allah? Like Allah mentions human ability to sleep as his sign.

I am not a scholar, so from my limited knowledge, i think everything is a sign of Allah. Our bodies, the stars, the universe. As for dreams i think the answer is yes, because it is a medium through which Allah can relay a message to his believers. 

20 minutes ago, YAli said:

I am not a scholar, so from my limited knowledge, i think everything is a sign of Allah. Our bodies, the stars, the universe. As for dreams i think the answer is yes, because it is a medium through which Allah can relay a message to his believers. 

Assalam.

Some dreams are sign of daily activities, they are useless.

Some of them are a sign of Satan l.a, especially when you sleep on your left side or on your belly, or when you sleep before Maghreb pray time or when you don't recite Quran before sleep.

Wassalam.

Edited by Haimi

Yes you are 100% correct, dreams are of three types 

1) from your nafs (what you do in your day to day life) these are completely random and can confuse a person. These are useless as mentioned by Haimi 

2) dreams from shaitaan, these are intended to scare you and confuse you 

3) dreams from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. These are glad tidings indeed.